DFW Mustang Forums banner

Driveway woes

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  louisvillehoodz 
#1 ·
Last wensday I had a pad poured for a garage . Ordered a load of gravel to spread before concrete truck got here . Well concrete can and went drive way got soft.Thats why I wanted new rock . The dump truck comes 7 hours late . I show the driver soft spots and he said it will be okay , then he backs in . Holy shit truck sinks to the frame . He dumps the rock and we dig out around front so using my tools .They bring in a case 810 dozer to get it out . Now we are left with a ruined driveway and yard . We call them back and get no answer. Waited a few days to call them back and they said we can take them to small claims court over damages.Also that we(homeowers) should have to pay for damage to the truck. We have a few bids to fix this from $1500 to $3800

Attachments

#10 ·
I'm not going to say that them being 7 hours late is right, but you have to look at it from a legal standpoint, you gave the driver the okay to access your property and unless those "soft spot areas" were flagged or roped off and you have pictures or video to back it up, you're pretty much SOL. I can't see the pics because of websense, but I don't think they are going to prove anything more than you have big ass ruts on your property that will have to pay for. You just can't expect a driver to give a shit about something like that. You have to go the extra mile and do some hand holding to make sure everything goes incident free.

#11 ·
At the end of the day you're probably better off trying to nicely work it out with them if they'll answer your calls. They obviously have the gear materials to fix it up and could do it in an hour.

Throw down some seed and call it done.

#12 ·
Last wensday I had a pad poured for a garage . Ordered a load of gravel to spread before concrete truck got here . Well concrete can and went drive way got soft.Thats why I wanted new rock . The dump truck comes 7 hours late . I show the driver soft spots and he said it will be okay , then he backs in . Holy shit truck sinks to the frame . He dumps the rock and we dig out around front so using my tools .They bring in a case 810 dozer to get it out . Now we are left with a ruined driveway and yard . We call them back and get no answer. Waited a few days to call them back and they said we can take them to small claims court over damages.Also that we(homeowers) should have to pay for damage to the truck. We have a few bids to fix this from $1500 to $3800
The first part I highlighted doesn't makes sense, can you restate it?

The second bolded part: How is your yard and driveway ruined? Is that the driveway he is on or your yard? Can't you just fill in the holes / ruts?

#13 ·
Tracked vehicles do a number on soft ground and those are some massive ruts. It may take some effort to fix, at least a few hours and some fill dirt.

The only reason I say that is from some experience. They tend to take the dirt/clay dirt with them and then you can't just fill them in. Plus it compacts it a bit too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.