DFW Mustang Forums banner

Carpet Cleaning?

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Michael1979 
#1 ·
Looking for a good deal... need living room, dining room, and hallway cleaned... maybe master bedroom if price is right...

Seeing a lot of CHEAP ones on craigslist services ($10-14 per room?!)...

What's the difference? Seeing 'steam' and 'extraction' and various other descriptions and such...

Any local businesses that I could support rather than just some random schmoe?

If we could get some protection down as well like ScotchGard or the equivalent as well, that would be great

#2 ·
My carpet guy went out of business. It's a shame, too. He was cheap, brand new equipment, and a hard worker. I most recently used some company that was listed in the Red Plum circular. Exsomething. Don't recommend them. It was $270 after a cheap tip for 3 rooms and a rug. Just be careful. Don't fall for the '5 rooms for $35.00'. That's just to lure you in. They charge $.25/sq ft to pre treat and most places also charge $.25/sq ft for scotch guard. This is just my opinion, but scotchguarding old carpet is a waste of money. IMO it's only worth having done when the carpet is brand new.

I'd go with someone that uses an extractor over other methods.

#6 ·
Carpet cleaning is like autobody work it looks good right then but what about a month later, you pay for what you get. The best to me is steam cleaning, it leaves your carpet a little wet but damn they come out way cleaner with just super hot water and no bull shit additives. These guys rock...amazing results carpet cleaning 972 287 5856

#10 ·
I do my own carpet cleaning. I have a wet/vac, carpet shampoo and a long carpet brush. I just do a heavy vacuum first, then spray the carpet with shampoo, a lot of elbow grease to agitate the carpet with my long carpet brush. Then finish it off with my extractor to leave it damp for air dry. Luckily, I only do it once or twice a year and I really find time to do it for a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.