DFW Mustang Forums banner

KoolCoat...

621 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Marcus Encinas 
#1 ·
OK I just talked to Chuck the KoolCoat guy.. for about 30 mins... he talked me into it and I bought 5 gallons worth of his stuff. it was right at $40 to the door.

Customer service was great. I told him I wasn't sure how much I would get done in a day so he is going to send me the 5 gallons worth in 1 gallon worth bags so I can do a little each day if I need to (which is good because the garage door is a diff color then anything else I would want to paint so this way I can split it up into different color paints)

He even went as far as to tell me what to do and what not to do in the garage (I'm starting with the garage to see how well this stuff works)
I didn't think about it til he said it.. but if the stuff works like he says then if you paint all the walls and ceiling then the heat has no way to get out of the room so it would turn into even worse of an oven then it already is. So he made sure I know that because he didn't want me to paint everything then call him saying it didn't work

really friendly guy... said I should have the stuff Tuesday or Wednesday so I will let you guys/gals know as soon as I start the process. I'm also going to have the before and after type info that I know I personally like seeing when people are doing DIY projects.

so i'll get temps before doing anything, with only the garage door painted, and then with the walls painted and we'll see if this stuff really works

He also suggested Cor-A-vent.com using their V-600 ridge vents He said he thinks its about $4 a foot. which would make it about $300 for my house but it would also mean getting on the roof and cuting the ridge off and installing these vents (which look to be like that plasitc poster board but stacked in a way to create a vent) looks like a good idea but I probably woudln't do it unless I was to be putting a new roof

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.