DFW Mustang Forums banner

Tree Removal Services?

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  horeakaii2 
#1 ·
Anyone have a hookup on removing a tree?

I have a rather large tree in the back yard that I want removed sometime in the spring.

Anyone have any ideas on what companies charge to remove a tree? (Its like 3 stories tall).

#3 ·
Dacotua said:
Anyone have a hookup on removing a tree?

I have a rather large tree in the back yard that I want removed sometime in the spring.

Anyone have any ideas on what companies charge to remove a tree? (Its like 3 stories tall).

I paid 750 for a tree that was probably 30 feet tall. They ground the stump and everything.

#4 ·
i called three places asking for a price range for "normal" tree removal.
they all said they had to come see it first.
the third place i started to get aggrivated.
i was like well is it usually like a hundred or two thousand?? i just need a general idea. they said sorry, we have to set up an appointment.
i just hung up.

so anyway thanks for saying it cost you 750.

#7 ·
mind said:
i was like well is it usually like a hundred or two thousand?? i just need a general idea. they said sorry, we have to set up an appointment.
i just hung up.
What is a " normal" tree to you? What size do you think a normal tree is?Why would you think any company would give you a quote over the phone.Prices can vary based on the trees size and location. The more difficult the tree is to cut down , then the more the price will be. I think they should be the ones getting aggravated with you. :cool:

#8 ·
I used Malouf's Tree Service (Craig Malouf is Tom [Turbo Mustang] Malouf's son) out here at my place last month... they did a great job, showed up exactly on time, with nice equipment, got the job completed at a very reasonable price and I was very pleased with their work.

His number is 214-647-9185

mardyn

#10 ·
mind said:
i just hung up.

so anyway thanks for saying it cost you 750.
No kidding. I called because I have a 3 story old oak thats kind of leaning now, and for safety, I'm going to remove it.

Everywhere says, let us come out and see for a free appointment.

I'm like, just give me a range.

NONE of them would.

#13 ·
fst_stng said:
What is a " normal" tree to you? What size do you think a normal tree is?Why would you think any company would give you a quote over the phone.Prices can vary based on the trees size and location. The more difficult the tree is to cut down , then the more the price will be. I think they should be the ones getting aggravated with you. :cool:

well, i had $500, i didn't know if that would be enough. i guess i was right.
i would be aggrivated as a business person if i wasted a few hours driving to the other side of town and the person didn't have enough money.
plus i didn't want to waste my time driving to other other side of town to meet someone cuz it's at a rent house, just for them to say it's gonna cost 2g's.

i'm sorry i was trying to be considerate

#14 ·
mind said:
well, i had $500, i didn't know if that would be enough. i guess i was right.
i would be aggrivated as a business person if i wasted a few hours driving to the other side of town and the person didn't have enough money.
plus i didn't want to waste my time driving to other other side of town to meet someone cuz it's at a rent house, just for them to say it's gonna cost 2g's.

i'm sorry i was trying to be considerate

I just wanted a price comparison.

Whenever I decide to do it, I'm just going to call them out, and say sure, come out give me a estimate, and I'll show your estimate to the next company I call. I guarantee you I'll show your estimate to at least 3-4 other companies before I make up my mind, unless you can give me a price range over the phone.

#15 ·
Dacotua said:

Whenever I decide to do it, I'm just going to call them out, and say sure, come out give me a estimate, and I'll show your estimate to the next company I call. I guarantee you I'll show your estimate to at least 3-4 other companies before I make up my mind, unless you can give me a price range over the phone.

Good luck, most of these folks don't speak Engrish. ;)

#16 · (Edited)
Dacotua said:

but it's not like asking for a price to replace an a/c compressor. There's lots of factors involved that prohibits them from giving a phone estimate. It depends on the size of the base, the height of it, does it hang over fences or neighbors houses, is it mixed with power lines, can they reach it all with a truck or will they need climbers, will they need 1 truck or two, is it close to the street or will it take more labor hours to move the brush/logs to the truck.

Besides, it's a free estimate. It's not like your obligated to use them and I'm sure they've factored in the percentage of window shoppers vs. customers that are ready. The next person might be showing them another estimate to beat. It's just the name of the game. Get 3-4 estimates and then start negotiating from the lowest one. They've all left room to negotiate.

I did that with a roof. It started at $4700 and I'm now at $3650.00.

On a side note, I wish I could do it for you...or help. I'd love to have the wood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.