First off, this is an older house so it uses aluminum wiring in the house.
I upgraded my monitor to a 22inch (lcd) lastnight and noticed a electric noise after using a bit, I blew it off. Today I heard it again. Looked down and took the faceplate off the outlet and saw arcing (not constantly) so I flipped the breaker off and moved my connections to a different circuit, now it doesn't do it.
Problem I can see other than old wiring, is that it is on a 15a breaker.
T.v., electronics and my whole computer setup has always ran on it. Never tripped a breaker though which is odd. So just curious if it might have got hot once and some of the wire is bare so it's arcing? I haven't actually physically looked at the wires.