Capt. Andy/Johnathan and Sig quit Deadliest Catch - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Capt. Andy/Johnathan and Sig quit Deadliest Catch

Sucks. With Phil gone and those guys leaving, I'll have no more interest in the show. I never really liked Capt. Keith and Wild Bill. At least I still have Ice Road Truckers.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni4602070/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Oooooooh-whee
 
Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: What up with that? What up with that?!
Posts: 10,434
Eh, I see no reason to continue watching. I don't think the show will make it past the next season without them.

8/16/05
Tyrone Biggums is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Die Wundergroin Schlägt Wieder Zu!
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Eh, I see no reason to continue watching. I don't think the show will make it past the next season without them.
Exactly! Capt Phil and them were the whole show, IMO.
helosailor is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
well i thought last season wasnt that good anyways. i thought they got away from what made them good in seasons past. I thought it had more drama and extra bullshit that

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
well i thought last season wasnt that good anyways. i thought they got away from what made them good in seasons past. I thought it had more drama and extra bullshit that
The extra drama you speak of is because the staple of the show died mid season. I felt Discovery did a very tasteful job of handling that particularly emotional event. The man had a lot of friends and two sons that worshiped him. And train loads of fans. I think the more drama and extra bullshit you speak of was unavoidable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
The extra drama you speak of is because the staple of the show died mid season. I felt Discovery did a very tasteful job of handling that particularly emotional event. The man had a lot of friends and two sons that worshiped him. And train loads of fans. I think the more drama and extra bullshit you speak of was unavoidable.
well i just felt like there was a little more than what was on previous seasons. But I do agree that Discovery did do a great job on Captain Phils passing and the shows that they did for it

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Lifer
 
Lason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: arlington
Posts: 11,144
Yeah Im no longer watching if Sig, Jonathon and Andy all leave. No one will be left except for that dumbass Keith.
Lason is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Custom Title
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hades who?
Posts: 16,521
I heard they renegotiated their contracts and will be on the show afterall. Also, the Hillstrands get their own show I think.

Edit: Yup...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/396035...entertainment/

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time



Yellowstang is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Some of the fun is gone now, too, that they don't harvest derby-style anymore. The laws changed, and now liscenses determine how many pounds of crab they can harvest per boat, per season, giving them time to slow down and be safer, and sadly, more boring.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang View Post
I heard they renegotiated their contracts and will be on the show afterall. Also, the Hillstrands get their own show I think.

Edit: Yup...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/396035...entertainment/
Good deal. I guess I'll stick with it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome