Inception - huge ratings so far - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Inception - huge ratings so far

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/

I've been looking forward to this movie all summer - so far, everything Nolan has touched has been gold, and it looks like this one is going to fit that bill as well.

Right now it's sitting at a 9.5 out of 10 on IMDB, good for the 68th highest rated movie ever.

Anybody been to an advanced screening or going tonight?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Lifer

I have been looking foward to not seeing this movie. Looks stupid.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 10:48 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandkid View Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/

I've been looking forward to this movie all summer - so far, everything Nolan has touched has been gold, and it looks like this one is going to fit that bill as well.

Right now it's sitting at a 9.5 out of 10 on IMDB, good for the 68th highest rated movie ever.

Anybody been to an advanced screening or going tonight?
Insomnia sucked, so not everything he's touched has been gold.

I haven't seen any of his other movies, so I cannot comment on those.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Lifer

I think it looks cool, I can't wait.

Powdered doughnuts make me go nuts!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Insomnia sucked, so not everything he's touched has been gold.

I haven't seen any of his other movies, so I cannot comment on those.
I forgot about that one... Memento, the last two batman movies and The Prestige were all really well done IMO.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Professional Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandkid View Post
I forgot about that one... Memento, the last two batman movies and The Prestige were all really well done IMO.
I like all of those, I don't guess I have seen Insomnia.

I'm wanting to see Inception, I think it looks good(at least good visuals...) Hell, good visuals got me in to see Avatar- at least this looks likes it has it's own storyline.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Lifer

It has Leo DiCaprio in it, thats enough to make it a Blockbuster. Everything HE touches is gold.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Factory Issue

I really want to see Inception. I might go check it out Saturday night.

Give me a dollar.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Lifer

I'm considering watching tonight but there's alot of hype so I'm not sure yet

Working on my project Stang
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Lifer

I'm going to see this -- I love all of the Nolan's work, plus Leo is my favorite actor.

Thank god for originality in Hollywood.

01 GT Vert.... FINALLY!!!! "They Ain't 20's but I keep 'em clean"

Texas State women are *too* down!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
What the fuck is going on?! White people are not supposed to be treated this way!

4gifs.com
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 AM
May the Force be w/you

Movie looks trippy as hell. I can't wait to catch it. Glad it's getting good reviews!
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Lifer

Just watched it and it's AMAZING. Def worth the money .

If you like simple nigga shit including , but not limited to : 89% of lil waynes music , soilder boy, twilight , or any other pop culture BS that you don't need to use your brain for -- do yourself a favor and go watch knight and day so you don't interupt the grown ups with all your questions.

Nolan does it yet again.

Quote:
What the fuck is going on?! White people are not supposed to be treated this way!

4gifs.com

Last edited by Sariat; 07-16-2010 at 11:04 PM.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 07:45 AM
v2004 rebooted.

It was interesting. Hard for me to say if I liked it. About an hour in I realized I shouldn't have gone to such a late show because I was tired as hell. I liked a lot of the concepts and the cinematography was amazing. The real time/dream time was pretty damn cool. I'll have to check this one out again when it is on dvd.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:20 PM
The Janitor

probably one of the most complex movies i have seen in some time. It was definately fun to digest.

I highly recommend anyone going to go see it pay attention closely, least you miss one of the cool little puzzle pieces that help tie the whole thing together.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:26 PM
KAZ
Time Served

Leonardo has become one of my favorite actors. Movie was great!
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Lifer

I'm surprised there hasn't been more posts about this movie while the other average hollywood movies get wayyy more attention. A shame.

Quote:

4gifs.com
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:29 PM
phuk therd gier

amazing movie. GO SEE IT

04 converted V8
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 02:39 PM
LUCIFER

Just got back from seeing it, definitely a great movie. Pay Close Attention!

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sariat View Post
I'm surprised there hasn't been more posts about this movie while the other average hollywood movies get wayyy more attention. A shame.
Most Hollywood movies are horse shit and the sheep just eat it up. What do you expect?

It sounds like I need to see this movie.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Most Hollywood movies are horse shit and the sheep just eat it up. What do you expect?

It sounds like I need to see this movie.
CAN I C DA NUW SIPDERMANZ MOVIEZZZZ MOMMM PLLZZZZZ OMG OMG OMG TWILIGHTZ LOL RFOLA!!!111.111!11?A/AA;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrYPJ4Yc31g

Check out that video ... its called "Dora the Explorer explains inception"

Quote:

4gifs.com
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:27 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Absolutely amazing movie!!!
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 AM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Looks like a more advanced version of Matrix minus Canoe Reeves.

post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
<Insert Title Here>

Wife and I saw it last night. As others mentioned, pay attention at the beginning....actually just pay attention to everything.

Once they got to the "4th level" I was starting to lose my grip as I could not figure out their formula for time translation (10 seconds in 1st level = 2 weeks in 2nd...etc..)

Still an extremely original movie...ending kinda got me pissed though...

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 02:00 PM
LS1 Fighter

funny picture if you've seen Inception...

Can't beat them, Join their message board !!

I m5...

post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Custom Title

I thought this was going to be a about Jay Cutler, misread the title.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Rolling with the homies

Saw this on Wednesday afternoon and thought it was good but not great. The story was somewhat complex so you really had to pay attention otherwise you might get lost on what was going on, definitely not a movie for The Fast and Furious crowd. The movie length I also

Visually the movie was stunning with the effects and I didn't think it went overboard with anything unnecessary. I read somewhere that Nolan was asked to do this movie in 3D and he refused to and I'm glad he did. I honestly think 3D will destroy quality movies and they will become bloated with special effects that will take away from great cinematography and acting.

Speaking of acting, as what's been mentioned, I really like how DiCaprio is coming along as an actor. The last few movies I've seen him in I've been really impressed (Aviator, Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, and Shutter Island) and he's still young and I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

The movie is long and the story is somewhat complicated. I found myself looking at my watch a few times wondering how much longer it would be. I think the movie could have benefited from being shorted and I would hate to think when this comes out on DVD there will be an extended version But when the action was movie along I think it was good.

Gordon-Levitt was also good in this movie and he's come along way since Third Rock from the Sun. Frankly I'm surprised I hadn't seen him in more movies until I realized I saw him in (500) Days of Summer which I could only watch 30 or so minutes of. The story was boring and maybe I hadn't drank enough yet. I just looked him up in IMDB and realized he played as Cobra Commander in the G.I. Joe movie recently (yes I'll admit I watched it... with my nephew...).

Anyway, I probably won't go see this again in the theater. I wished I had seen it at an IMAX theater but the Harkins Theater I saw it in Southlake actually had a nice screen.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Probably one of the top 5 movies I have ever seen. All of the bad reviews I have seen or heard about on this movie are from old people who can't keep up with the story.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Rolling with the homies

I'm surprised young people could understand all the big words used

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

We don't, we just like the colors and the pictures.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Rolling with the homies

I've got some coloring books my nephew got bored with and never finished. There yours for the taking

Can't say I would rate this as one of my Top 5 movies of all time. What are you other 4 for comparison? I'd have to sit down and think what I would consider what my Top 5 movies would be.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
Speaking of acting, as what's been mentioned, I really like how DiCaprio is coming along as an actor. The last few movies I've seen him in I've been really impressed (Aviator, Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, and Shutter Island) and he's still young and I think he has a bright future ahead of him.
Where you being funny or serious about that statement? He has been acting in main stream for 20 years. He is literally over 35 and been at the top for almost 15 years. At first I thought he was just some lucky actor when I first saw him in Titanic(yea I watched it), but man, the guy can act. Departed rocked my world. Basketball Diaries was pretty awesome as well. For all his hollywood hype, the guy really does deliver.
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Where you being funny or serious about that statement? He has been acting in main stream for 20 years. He is literally over 35 and been at the top for almost 15 years. At first I thought he was just some lucky actor when I first saw him in Titanic(yea I watched it), but man, the guy can act. Departed rocked my world. Basketball Diaries was pretty awesome as well. For all his hollywood hype, the guy really does deliver.
Serious. I hadn't really watched much of him recently and this is the first movie I've seen in a theater with him in it since Titanic (I was drug to it by a GF who wanted to see it and he was OK but I wasn't impressed with his acting than). Haven't seen Basketball Diaries or The Beach (had to IMDB that one) and the movies I listed are what I've seen him in recently but I watched them on DVD or cable, never spent money on him at the theater.

I did leave out Gangs of New York which I did see on cable but it's been a long time since I watched it. I don't casually throw out that a person is a great actor/actress unless I've seen a half a dozen movies where they've had consistent great performance unless they just blow me away with a movie. His movies are not the ones I typically add to my DVD collection or watch over and over so that's why I said I was genuinely impressed with his acting skills because this movie was fresh in my head.

And let me go a little further explaining why I differentiate why I say I saw a movie on DVD/cable or in the theater. When I watch a movie at home I never fully concentrate on a movie so I tend to miss a lot of details. When I'm at a theater I'm not distracted by the internet or phone calls or doing things while I'm watching a movie. When I spend money to watch a movie at a theater I really want to see that movie and I pay attention to the characters and the stories more. Watching at home I would probably have to see a movie a few times to really catch everything, especially in a movie like this. For me to watch a movie at home a few times I really have to like it. I've gone through countless dribble in Netflix that gets fast forwarded through or I walk in and out of watching while I do thing, basically it's background for me and I could care less.

Inception was good and it kept my attention although I thought it got long at times. I'd definitely rent it through Netflix when it comes out, might even bought it. But definitely wouldn't count it as a Top 5 movie. Still impressed with DeCaprio Sorry for the long rant. Got bored at work and felt like exercising my fingers a bit.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
Serious. I hadn't really watched much of him recently and this is the first movie I've seen in a theater with him in it since Titanic (I was drug to it by a GF who wanted to see it and he was OK but I wasn't impressed with his acting than). Haven't seen Basketball Diaries or The Beach (had to IMDB that one) and the movies I listed are what I've seen him in recently but I watched them on DVD or cable, never spent money on him at the theater.

I did leave out Gangs of New York which I did see on cable but it's been a long time since I watched it. I don't casually throw out that a person is a great actor/actress unless I've seen a half a dozen movies where they've had consistent great performance unless they just blow me away with a movie. His movies are not the ones I typically add to my DVD collection or watch over and over so that's why I said I was genuinely impressed with his acting skills because this movie was fresh in my head.

And let me go a little further explaining why I differentiate why I say I saw a movie on DVD/cable or in the theater. When I watch a movie at home I never fully concentrate on a movie so I tend to miss a lot of details. When I'm at a theater I'm not distracted by the internet or phone calls or doing things while I'm watching a movie. When I spend money to watch a movie at a theater I really want to see that movie and I pay attention to the characters and the stories more. Watching at home I would probably have to see a movie a few times to really catch everything, especially in a movie like this. For me to watch a movie at home a few times I really have to like it. I've gone through countless dribble in Netflix that gets fast forwarded through or I walk in and out of watching while I do thing, basically it's background for me and I could care less.

Inception was good and it kept my attention although I thought it got long at times. I'd definitely rent it through Netflix when it comes out, might even bought it. But definitely wouldn't count it as a Top 5 movie. Still impressed with DeCaprio Sorry for the long rant. Got bored at work and felt like exercising my fingers a bit.
Well that makes sense. I had a feeling you were serious about the youngster comment lol. I am with you on the movie watching experience. It is a lot harder to focus while sitting on the couch. I haven't watched this movie but I can almost be certain it is NOT in my top 5. But I would have to say Dicaprio probably has at least one movie in my top 5 if I sat and really thought about it. His caliber of acting, script selection, and stardom are hard to equate withstars of the past. He doesn't do scifi movies, or movies just to make a quick buck, so I venture to say he is almost a one of a kind. I am sure at some point in his career he is going to end up doing some kind of fluff movie, but who knows. Oh yea, he was offered the part of Anakin in Star Wars, but turned it down. Can you imagine how much better those movies would have been with him?
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Lifer

All of his lastest movies have been big hits. You can tell he's doing it for the passion and not the "oh ludacris and TI is in dis movie dawg we gon get paidz!!! " mentality

Quote:

4gifs.com
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
Well that makes sense. I had a feeling you were serious about the youngster comment lol. I am with you on the movie watching experience. It is a lot harder to focus while sitting on the couch. I haven't watched this movie but I can almost be certain it is NOT in my top 5. But I would have to say Dicaprio probably has at least one movie in my top 5 if I sat and really thought about it. His caliber of acting, script selection, and stardom are hard to equate withstars of the past. He doesn't do scifi movies, or movies just to make a quick buck, so I venture to say he is almost a one of a kind. I am sure at some point in his career he is going to end up doing some kind of fluff movie, but who knows. Oh yea, he was offered the part of Anakin in Star Wars, but turned it down. Can you imagine how much better those movies would have been with him?
Ya I still consider him young. One of my favorite actors is Tom Hanks and he was 37 when IMO he started to come out with some quality acting movie like in Philadelphia and Sleepless in Seattle. Again, not a favorite of mines but quality work compared to other movies he made prior to that like Turner and Hooch, Punchline, Joe vs. the Volcano.

I think DeCaprio has chosen his work wisely and he's playing it smart. He's shown his versatility in portraying different roles and he hasn't gotten type cast into a particular genre of movies yet. Like I said, I still consider him young and he's got a bright future ahead of him.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 07:55 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

*possible spoilers*

OK, I finally got around to seeing this...

Someone help me out here (besides the obvious "OMG, did it fall over?!" stuff)

You have to use your own totem. No one else should know the specifics of your totem. Well he used Mol's. How can anything be interpreted as reality or dream if his indicator is flawed? Or does it just not matter since she's dead and can't project anything?

Next, looking back after talking to someone else about this today, in all of the dreams he was wearing a wedding ring. In "reality" he was not. I can't remember now, or wasnt paying attention... when he got to the house at the end was he wearing a ring? Was the ring is totem?

Just by nature of the setup, the fact that they all ended up on the plane has to mean it was reality... right?

In that last scene you don't necessarily see it as much, but you definitely hear top top wobble and come out of the perfect spin that had been seen before.

I did some Googling just to see what other people thought of it...

Quote:
Mol was right. When she offed herself, she either woke up or went further down into limbo, but I believe Cobb was dreaming the entire time. Cobb said he got inception to work once when everyone else said it was not even possible, and the only reason it worked is because it was his dream. The whole scenario, the people, the 'crew', all manifestations of his subconscious. When they all finally woke up, and he got to finally go home, that was the top layer of his dream. That's why the top kept spinning, because it was HIS dream they were in, he finally 'woke up' from the deeper layers he was in, and made it to that last layer. That's how he was able to see his kids. Remember, Cobb said him and Mol had once gone into Limbo, and they came out of it. Well, he dreamed they came out of it. She finally realized what was going on, thanks to Cobb's inception to get her out of their dream paradise, and finally made it to the top.

I think he was dreaming the entire time. I think his subconscious rendering of Mol was his own subconscious trying to wake him up. He might have been down so deep that he was in a 50 year dream that lasted only 50seconds in real time. He is caught in his own dreamscape, down so deep that he doesn't even know where he is. He wakes up, he's in another dream. Wakes up again, in another dream. Wakes up a third time, he's back to his original dream that he perceives as his reality. That's why, no matter whose dream they were in, Mol was there- regardless of who the architect of the dream was.
WTF?! Where do I get my closure! LOL

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Last edited by Strychnine; 08-23-2010 at 08:05 AM.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 10:44 PM
dead

finally got around to seeing it tonight.
great movie, nice to see an original idea. it's a mind bender for sure.

nice work nolan. will buy when it hits blu-ray.
post #38 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
finally got around to seeing it tonight.
great movie, nice to see an original idea. it's a mind bender for sure.

nice work nolan. will buy when it hits blu-ray.
December 7th
post #39 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 04:39 PM
WTF is Zed?

There is a Blu-Ray version for download (free) out on IceFilms.info I'm downloading now
post #40 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:47 AM
WTF is Zed?

Possible SPOILER!

I watched it, cool flick for sure. I watched it two days in a row actually, because it is a complex story, and even though the movie is long it moves at a fast pace.

I have a prett good grasp at everything that went down, expect one thing still kinda doesn't make sense to me.

At the beginning when he leaves his kids he's wearing the same suit and with the same dude as when he returns to them at the end. Did any of the movie actually happen, or was it all a dream? Hmmm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement