Netflix HD Streaming on both Mac and PC - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Netflix HD Streaming on both Mac and PC

Anyone try this yet? I read about it a few weeks ago but couldn't find any HD content readily so I just let it go. Found out today that you can go to http://www.netflix.com/WiHD to view movies available for HD streaming so I'll give that a try tonight Oh and it requires Silverlight 3 to view it but I'm sure it will prompt to install if you don't have it already.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Lifer

I've done Netflix HD streaming on my Xbox, it kicks mothafuckin ass.

01 GT Vert.... FINALLY!!!! "They Ain't 20's but I keep 'em clean"

Texas State women are *too* down!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
What the fuck is going on?! White people are not supposed to be treated this way!

4gifs.com
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Lifer

I have streamed many HD movies from Netflix with my network Samsung BD-1600 Blu-ray player. I have a Verizon FIOS 20/20 bandwidth package. I've seen a couple of HD Netflix streamed movies that are almost identical in quality to an actual Blu-ray. Starz offers a lot of HD content. Just keep looking around. You'll find them. I throw streaming movies into my queue at random and 1/3 of them the HD quality bar lights up. I just recently watched a brutal horror flick called "Train" and it was in HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
I have streamed many HD movies from Netflix with my network Samsung BD-1600 Blu-ray player. I have a Verizon FIOS 20/20 bandwidth package. I've seen a couple of HD Netflix streamed movies that are almost identical in quality to an actual Blu-ray. Starz offers a lot of HD content. Just keep looking around. You'll find them. I throw streaming movies into my queue at random and 1/3 of them the HD quality bar lights up. I just recently watched a brutal horror flick called "Train" and it was in HD.
I'll have to check out that movie.

I was out of town over the weekend and stuck in a hotel in the evenings by choice and I spent the time watching movies on Netflix online. I probably wouldn't say the HD movies I saw were Blu-ray quality but definitely better than standard quality. I'm sure it had to do more with the hotels Wifi network. I only tried it once from home and I thought the picture looked awesome but can't really compare it to what it would look like on Blu-ray.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Lifer

Keep in mind that when you start a movie, Netflix will ping your device (Blu-ray player, Xbox, Computer, etc..) and it will auto adjust the video stream compression rate depending on your available bandwidth. I have a FIOS 20/20 package. And when I stream a HD flick, it looks almost identical to a Blu-ray disc. Netflix's video servers will downgrade (compress) the video if it determines you don't have enough bandwidth to run it at full quality. If I jump on my neighbors open network and stream over the laptop just to see the results, the picture quality is crap because of the low bandwidth I'm getting because of the low signal strength. The dedicated Netflix streaming Blu-ray players, like my BD-1600, look fantastic over HDMI with a 20 Megabits/sec download pipe. According to my router's Bandwidth Monitor logs. When I watch a Netflix streamed HD movie, it shows a solid 9 - 12 Megabits/sec average of incoming data over the course of a 2 hour HD movie. If you don't have that kind of bandwidth, then their video server's will add compression to video stream.

You may already be aware of this. Just a FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Lifer

I'm impressed with the quality I get streaming it through my ps3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement