Legion Blu-ray review - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thumbs up Legion Blu-ray review

Wife and I watched it Thursday night. We are kind of into the Supernatural/Sci-fi genre to begin with, so we actually enjoyed it. I realized that this movie was panned by critics and movie goers alike. I didn't think it was near as bad as other reviewers did.

I think since this movie has a fundamental basis in theology that some of the perceived lack of plot development was appropriate. I felt some of the enigmatic or abstract aspects of the film was germane to the rather different plot line. This move wasn't about good vs. evil, it was about good vs. good. God giving an order for the angels to exterminate majority of the human race simply because he was tired of all the BS. Kind of interesting. As Michael said to Gabriel in the final act, you gave God what he wanted, I gave him what he needed. My favorite part of the movie was that line. If you dive into the theological subtext, the Creator himself needed a rogue angel to prove that humanity was still worth salvaging.

The PQ was great. The DTS HD MA soundtrack was outstanding. There were several scenes that are demo material. In fact, I thought there were a few scenes that had some tremendous and infrasonic LFE. And the dog barking at the beginning when Michael was in the alley was great just simply for surround effect. Kind of caught you off guard as it was off stage when it first began. People may not have liked the film itself, but the majority of the soundtrack is demo material IMO. The fight in the diner between Gabriel and Micheal was brutal playing it at -7 below reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Lifer

All the theology crap aside, the movie sucked. It was so slow and all the action was in the preview for the movie. There was maybe 30 minutes of good action in the whole thing.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 06:02 AM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

I liked it. It was a great movie for showing off your surround sound. Who didn't love the old lady Gladys?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Lifer

wow what a fucking waste of a movie, I want my 2 hours and $10 back.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
I liked it. It was a great movie for showing off your surround sound. Who didn't love the old lady Gladys?
haha. someone other than myself that liked it. cool. amazing dts ma soundtrack, replete with immersive surrounds and heavy lfe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 PM
WTF is Zed?

I finally got around to watching this... I didn't think it was as bad as all the online reviews, but not great by any means either. It was worth downloading in Blu-Ray for free
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Lifer

I watched it a while ago and it was an ok movie. Not great but not horrible. Could have used more action. And must say Adrianne Palicki is pretty hot. She's staying here in Dallas for the shooting of Lone Star.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement