Taken... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
Taken...

first off i thought it was pretty good. i saw it at rave movie theatre at northeast mall, and when it was done i told my date that i saw something in the previews that didnt happen in the movie, its the part where he had the guy strapped to the chair, in the previews he drove some big nails thru his legs... o well, we agreed that they didnt show it and moved on... fast forward to sun night at my moms, my bro in law brings some boot leg movies and we watch them, one of them is the movie taken, and what do you know that part not in the movies, was in the dvd...wtf is really going on??? anyone have anything happen like that before...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 11:01 PM
still here
 
89stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 5,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez View Post
first off i thought it was pretty good. i saw it at rave movie theatre at northeast mall, and when it was done i told my date that i saw something in the previews that didnt happen in the movie, its the part where he had the guy strapped to the chair, in the previews he drove some big nails thru his legs... o well, we agreed that they didnt show it and moved on... fast forward to sun night at my moms, my bro in law brings some boot leg movies and we watch them, one of them is the movie taken, and what do you know that part not in the movies, was in the dvd...wtf is really going on??? anyone have anything happen like that before...
the "edited" movie in the theater was a shitty pg-13. the version coming out on dvd has parts not in the theater version and so not rated. this is what makes the "unrated" dvd version of every single dvd released.


'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
89stangGT is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
What about Step Brothers where Will Ferrell is burying John C. Reily...the previews for the movie had some parts that were not in the movie, or the DVD.
I didn't see it in the theater, but Ferrell did bury John C. Reilly on the DVD. It wasn't a short scene, either. It lasted a good 2-3 minutes.
bcoop is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
I noticed that too. I knew the scene and was expeting it to happen. Then he just flipped the switch and walked outta the room. I was thinking maybe it would happen later but it didn't. Either way, I really enjoyed TAKEN

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Lifer
 
zachary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I didn't see it in the theater, but Ferrell did bury John C. Reilly on the DVD. It wasn't a short scene, either. It lasted a good 2-3 minutes.
yep...
"what are you doing to me" "i am burrying you" "but im ALIVE"

zachary is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Lifer
 
T-TOPPS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
What about Step Brothers where Will Ferrell is burying John C. Reily...the previews for the movie had some parts that were not in the movie, or the DVD.
Yup. just lke the part about the bunkbeds. What wasnt shown in the theatre or dvd that was in the previews, they said that their beds were " like the Rock of Gibraltar"
T-TOPPS5.0 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Professional Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Closed Course
Posts: 6,665
The version I saw of Taken(not necessarily in the theater) showed him interrogating the guy. The first thing he does is drive two huge nails into the top of the guys thighs. Then out come the jumper cables and a little voltage.

It looked pretty painful, not Misery sledgehammer painful, but it still looked like it would hurt.

Good Flick overall
71chevellejohn is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 AM
#1 HEAT FAN!!
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Compton
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez View Post
first off i thought it was pretty good. i saw it at rave movie theatre at northeast mall, and when it was done i told my date that i saw something in the previews that didnt happen in the movie, its the part where he had the guy strapped to the chair, in the previews he drove some big nails thru his legs... o well, we agreed that they didnt show it and moved on... fast forward to sun night at my moms, my bro in law brings some boot leg movies and we watch them, one of them is the movie taken, and what do you know that part not in the movies, was in the dvd...wtf is really going on??? anyone have anything happen like that before...
The movie released overseas like a year ago with the rated R label. That's how all those good copies of the movie has been floating around for the past 6 months. It came out on DVD in France months ago. People in France copied the DVD then uploaded it on share sites
Buzzo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome