Let me know what you think - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Let me know what you think

I started a myspace music page for stuff that I'm recording and finally got a clip up. It's very short, unmastered, and you can hear the metronome in the background but fuck it. I'm excited. This shit is taking a LOT of time trying to find out how to work recording software and program in the drum track. Only about 15 seconds long, but I'd appreciate your time and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/joshgregorymusic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Never Enough

Needs to be longer. for the limited clip, sounds pretty good.

www.myspace.com/r1psycho
www.vimeo.com/r1psycho

2003 Cobra - just a non driving ass
411 hp 399 tq 2-22-08 stock
Not stock, but very slow

RIP *Nanny* Doris Brazil 1-07-31 - 7-16-08
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Psycho View Post
Needs to be longer. for the limited clip, sounds pretty good.
I know. Tracking drums on this thing is a bitch and I need to get some headphones so you don't hear the metronome when I'm recording. I just did that since I've been home from work. Thanks for the input!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Got a lot more of the song up. Still tracking drums, but it would mean a lot if you add me as a friend. Thanks!

www.myspace.comjoshgregorymusic
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:28 AM
DERP DERP DERP

I went to the link to add you, only to go to my home page and see you already sent me a friend request, haha. The more you work at it, the better it'll sound.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
I went to the link to add you, only to go to my home page and see you already sent me a friend request, haha. The more you work at it, the better it'll sound.
Thanks dude. Yeah, I've spent the last couple of hours getting the people that I actually know off of my personal myspace and sending a friend request to them on the music one. The song I have up is still in it's baby stages.

I hoping that when I'm done it will sound like a full-fledged, studio recorded song. But it's gonna take time and patience.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Time Served

sounds pretty good
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby51 View Post
sounds pretty good
thanks!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Lifer

I like
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Texas Stangs Racing

sounds good.
and
Added!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Never Enough

I dig it.

www.myspace.com/r1psycho
www.vimeo.com/r1psycho

2003 Cobra - just a non driving ass
411 hp 399 tq 2-22-08 stock
Not stock, but very slow

RIP *Nanny* Doris Brazil 1-07-31 - 7-16-08
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 10:02 PM
BANNED

dig it

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Have the drums completely tracked and am uploading the entire 5:32 song on myspace. Tomorrow, I plan on retracking the guitar and hoping to get a better, more consistent sound. Then, at some point, I'll need to either go borrow or buy a bass I guess.

Anyways. Hope you enjoy. Didn't expect the song to be as long as it was. That's good though!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Finished tracking the guitar. Sounds 10x better than before, when I was using sound recorder and a mic to just record it off the speakers. Just gotta find out how to add effect in a couple of spots, and mix the parts where the clean and distorted guitar parts overlap. Then bass...and finally vocals, which I'm dreading the shit out of but oh well.

http://www.myspace.com/joshgregorymusic
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Licking the windows!

I like it!

"Friends" help you move......."Real Friends" help you move bodies!

GIFSoup
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 PM
You never go full retard

sounds pretty good, not sure if it's the recording but the first guitar you hear sounds a little flat, i think i'd like to hear a little more tone out of those notes.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
sounds pretty good, not sure if it's the recording but the first guitar you hear sounds a little flat, i think i'd like to hear a little more tone out of those notes.
It's tuned to C sharp/D flat. Is that what you mean by chance? Also, I'm playing it on a $200 Ibanez I got 8 years ago. The thing rocks out with distortion, but the clean notes have always been lacking.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
It's tuned to C sharp/D flat. Is that what you mean by chance? Also, I'm playing it on a $200 Ibanez I got 8 years ago. The thing rocks out with distortion, but the clean notes have always been lacking.
Make sense now, is it just a stock effect going through the amp when you hear it clean?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Make sense now, is it just a stock effect going through the amp when you hear it clean?
Yeah. I have the tone knob in the 2nd (out of three) position. First position is really clean sounding, but lacks any "fullness."
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:47 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Yeah. I have the tone knob in the 2nd (out of three) position. First position is really clean sounding, but lacks any "fullness."
If you have a chorus pedal I'll be that even just a slight bit of chorus might drive out a little tone in the high area, just my thoughts. Don't knock the cheap guitars though, my first guitar was a Powerhouse Fat Strat that I later dropped 2 Fender Noiseless single coil pickups and a Seymour Duncan SH-4 humbucker into. It was perfect for clean blues riffs and then gave me the drive and crunch for the hardrock.

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
If you have a chorus pedal I'll be that even just a slight bit of chorus might drive out a little tone in the high area, just my thoughts. Don't knock the cheap guitars though, my first guitar was a Powerhouse Fat Strat that I later dropped 2 Fender Noiseless single coil pickups and a Seymour Duncan SH-4 humbucker into. It was perfect for clean blues riffs and then gave me the drive and crunch for the hardrock.
I actually do have a chorus pedal. Never even thought to use it. I might have to see what it can do. Hell, the program I'm using would probably let me just add the effect to what I've already recorded. Just a matter of going through the help menu to find out how to add it. Thanks for the input. I love this little RG-120 guitar. For the most part I play heavier stuff so it works great but wouldn't mind investing a little cash at some point into a PRS Standard 24 or even one of the cheaper SE models. Love the sound those instruments produce.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 10:04 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
I actually do have a chorus pedal. Never even thought to use it. I might have to see what it can do. Hell, the program I'm using would probably let me just add the effect to what I've already recorded. Just a matter of going through the help menu to find out how to add it. Thanks for the input. I love this little RG-120 guitar. For the most part I play heavier stuff so it works great but wouldn't mind investing a little cash at some point into a PRS Standard 24 or even one of the cheaper SE models. Love the sound those instruments produce.
Sure thing man. I listened to it several times and everything sounds good, just the clean notes sounded a little flat and to me the over sound seemed a little uneven. I'd like to hear it with a little brighter clean tone to see if it balances out, chorus might do the trick. Nothing real heavy on the chorus though. Keep it up though, sounds good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement