Lost. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Lost.

I really wasn't expecting much out of this series. I dig Sci-Fi sort of stuff but it is REALLY hard to hit a nitche that I'm actually interested in-you won't find any Star Wars or Star Trek or Stargate DVDs in my house. I don't know that Lost really quailifies as sci-fi, but it has just the right blend of elements to make it work for me.

We started watching it about 3 weeks ago and have already made it through 52 episodes at roughly 42 minutes each. The continuous story and Flashbacks to before they were on the Island slowly developing one character through an entire episode is an interesting approach to story telling. The first season I was sort of "Meh" about the whole thing, but then the second lept immediatly into overdrive and hooked me. We're about 5 eps into the 3rd season now and it's all we've been doing. This show rocks. The continuous story is what the X-Files should have been a decade ago(instead of one mythology episode every 7 or 8 episodes).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:06 PM
lol, this place sucks now

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
I really wasn't expecting much out of this series. I dig Sci-Fi sort of stuff but it is REALLY hard to hit a nitche that I'm actually interested in-you won't find any Star Wars or Star Trek or Stargate DVDs in my house. I don't know that Lost really quailifies as sci-fi, but it has just the right blend of elements to make it work for me.

We started watching it about 3 weeks ago and have already made it through 52 episodes at roughly 42 minutes each. The continuous story and Flashbacks to before they were on the Island slowly developing one character through an entire episode is an interesting approach to story telling. The first season I was sort of "Meh" about the whole thing, but then the second lept immediatly into overdrive and hooked me. We're about 5 eps into the 3rd season now and it's all we've been doing. This show rocks. The continuous story is what the X-Files should have been a decade ago(instead of one mythology episode every 7 or 8 episodes).
Glad you gave it a chance. It is(was) a very well written series. I can't really place the exact moment, but it seems to have jumped the shark sometime last season. Almost like they originally had a plan, got caught up with the stories, lost track of time, and now they just make things up as they go along. The first few seasons were awesome though... and I'm still looking forward to the new ones.

DFW Mustangs dot net
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4 View Post
Glad you gave it a chance. It is(was) a very well written series. I can't really place the exact moment, but it seems to have jumped the shark sometime last season. Almost like they originally had a plan, got caught up with the stories, lost track of time, and now they just make things up as they go along. The first few seasons were awesome though... and I'm still looking forward to the new ones.

I've had 2 or 3 moments of "Thanks for that plot device and contrivance" but by todays standards it is very good. I don't watch much TV any more because I can usually see things happening a mile away but they've kept some pretty cool suprises coming. I'm looking forward to really getting our teeth into the 3rd season. The seconds first 6 episodes were like they lit an afterburner. They are in season 5 now on Tv right? Just bought the 3rd and 4th seasons after renting the first 2 from Blockbuster.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:39 PM
mannish boy

Quote:

Freudian slip w/ Nietzsche on the brain?

niche
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

It was great for the first 2 or so seasons, but I completely lost interest at some point near the beginning of season 3. I tried to get back into it but it's so incredibly outlandish now that I just can't bear to watch more than a few minutes of an episode.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
Freudian slip w/ Nietzsche on the brain?

niche

Goddamn Nietzsche.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Lifer

I watched the first 2 seasons then fell of the wagon as well. Try Heroes if you like lost. It's semi sci fi like you said and the same style of writing.

'07 350Z
'90 Firebird Formula
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
mannish boy

Quote:
Goddamn Nietzsche.
it's an honest mistake
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzoro View Post
I watched the first 2 seasons then fell of the wagon as well. Try Heroes if you like lost. It's semi sci fi like you said and the same style of writing.

I tried it but sort of started in the middle of the first season and couldn't get into it. I think the cheerleader chick annoyed me. Not her personally, just the way they seemed to keep tossing in the ads that she was a cheerleader. Like OMG.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
it's an honest mistake

You're having way too much fun with the new smilies, Wild Bill.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 07:19 PM
mannish boy

Quote:
You're having way too much fun with the new smilies, Wild Bill.
don't you dare group me w/ that kid toucher!!!!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
don't you dare group me w/ that kid toucher!!!!

lmao! Him and stroker95 have their own one bedroom apartment, or so I hear!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 07:28 PM
mannish boy

Quote:
lmao! Him and stroker95 have their own one bedroom apartment, or so I hear!
nah, stroker95 likes the really young ones... to Bill's credit, he tries to farm them a year or two in advance
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
nah, stroker95 likes the really young ones... to Bill's credit, he tries to farm them a year or two in advance

Man, stroker95 started posting again a few months ago in a GTG thread but everything has been removed and the thread is still there. It was epic ownage, and I was going to link it.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 07:47 PM
mannish boy

holy shit! how the fuck did I miss THAT!?!?!?
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
holy shit! how the fuck did I miss THAT!?!?!?

Well, it was in the GTG Forum. Not usually much action in there. He posted up he was going to come to one of Craig and Leahs house parties. The brakes got put on that shit FAST! Skidmark found an old classified of his with his phone number and posted up the public data info of his conviction after he started trying to tell everyone he didn't do anything. LOL! Then he said it wasn't even him posting, it was a friend, because he wasn't allowed to use a computer anymore. haha, no wonder all that shit got deleted. Must have been a mod though because the thread is still there, but even where everyone was quoting him is gone.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 PM
mannish boy

damnit, that's internet gold
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Lifer

yeah when the show started the first season it was such a hit they had writers doing interviews saying that they had a definitive beginning turning point and end, then the rest would be filler on how long the show stayed popular....i enjoy the show still i think getting off the island like it happened was great, cant wait to see what happens!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Lifer

I have been watching lost since it ever came out.... its becoming a little less great now but I want to see how it ends.

http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php FTMFW

I do need to watch the episodes on ABC.COM so I can catch up and get back into it. But writer strikes, actors switching the contracts up have messed up the show a lot.

01 GT Vert.... FINALLY!!!! "They Ain't 20's but I keep 'em clean"

Texas State women are *too* down!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
What the fuck is going on?! White people are not supposed to be treated this way!

4gifs.com
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Lifer

This is my far the best forum http://www.4815162342.com/ If you have some extra time, read through some of the theories a few of them are really in depth. They also have spoilers and good recaps.

<-- Lost Nerd

Working on my project Stang
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Lifer

I guess I'm anti-everything, but there is not even a vague glimmer of interest for me in this series. Or any of the dozen others, House, 24, CSI this and that, etc. How can you really watch 52 42min episodes in a row?!? LOL...
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I guess I'm anti-everything, but there is not even a vague glimmer of interest for me in this series. Or any of the dozen others, House, 24, CSI this and that, etc. How can you really watch 52 42min episodes in a row?!? LOL...

Don't have anything else to do. I don't mess with cars any more. Almost done with Season 3.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Lifer

Sounds like you need a baby!
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Sounds like you need a baby!

Go fuck yourself Danny. Does your sister have a screename yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement