AWESOME MOVIE!

Very interesting and entertaining.

WARNING! The movie is 3 hours long!

Would watch again.

01 GT Vert.... FINALLY!!!! "They Ain't 20's but I keep 'em clean"

Texas State women are *too* down!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
What the fuck is going on?! White people are not supposed to be treated this way!

4gifs.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Sure Shot

Good to know, I want to see this. The title made me almost NOT want to see it.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:23 PM
I love Meat.

I can not wait to see it! Looks great!

2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Undietaker is my hero.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:28 PM
dead

i downloaded it. looks stupid but ill probably see it since there is nothing good on tv anyways.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 08:58 AM
UFO Club Member

Saw it, really didnt like it.

There are good themes of life and death,love, etc. BUT the movie drags and I think would have been better if it was about 45 min shorter.

"I Approve This Message"
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Rice User

I was NOT impressed. You probably shouldn't continue to read if you still want to see the movie..

What the HELL was up with the stupid hummingbird?? Yes, I know, it was a symbol. No, I didn't miss it: The captain had a tattoo of a hummingbird, and liked to tell awestruck foreigners all about the amazing hummingbird with the help of an interpretor. Yes, it was kind of touching when Benjamin saw the hummingbird when the captain died way out at sea. But why show the dumb hummingbird when Daisy died at the end in the hurricane? It wasn't Benjamin's symbol, it had nothing to do with daisy... Oh, and did her daughter die in the storm, too?

Oh, and what's with constantly walking out on family and friends and then popping back in? Almost every character did it. What's up with Benjamin's mom dying without him even getting a phone call? It was the fucking 60's by then, people used phones to call when a family member was sick..

As someone near me was exiting the theatre, they were joking around saying: "so he was born as an old man baby, and died as a baby baby.." Sort of funny after you think about it.

Another thing, too. The whole early stages of the Daisy/Benjamin love tie was terribly unbelievable. Daisy had zero redeeming qualities. There was no reason for Benjamin to stay tied up with her. They did nothing to make the audience like Daisy.

*sigh.. I think my hopes were a bit too high for this one.. :P!

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Slingin rock on da corner

I havent seen it, but I remember thinking that a theme of it might be "youth is wasted on the young"

Anyone that's seen it, whatcha think? Does it apply?

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.

God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 08:14 AM
dead

watched it last night. the story was good but there were lots of things that were overkill, mainly the overacting by the old bitch and irish sailor. i couldnt understand a fucking thing they were saying.

movie kinda had a forest gump feel to it which was cool, but also had a titanic feel to it which was gay. worth a watch, but nothing great.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Lifer

I saw this movie last night. I had no idea it was 3 hrs long. That sucked.

But overall I thought it was ok. Didnt understand what was so big about the clock or the hummingbird.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 04:01 PM
T-MINUS

So he starts out externally old/internally young, then turns externally young/internally old.

Does he shrink or is he like a tall infant? Did they cast Nasty Nate as Benjamin Button age 4?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 06:39 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Did they cast Nasty Nate as Benjamin Button age 4?
HAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 01:30 PM
who cares

I'll be waiting for it to come on dvd.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I saw this movie last night. I had no idea it was 3 hrs long. That sucked.

But overall I thought it was ok. Didnt understand what was so big about the clock or the hummingbird.
Ben was born when the clock was put up and died when it was taken down. Pretty simple. Typically if you believe in someone who has died being able to contact you after they pass to assure you they are ok it is thought that animals will appear. With his fascination with hummingbirds that was passed on from the captain it was an obvious choice to be used as such.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Time Served

I saw it last night and I thought it was great and definitely worth the money at the theater. The make up on benjamin was awesome, good story, but the best part was....

*****SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT*****

The guy getting struck by lightning
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE View Post
Ben was born when the clock was put up and died when it was taken down. Pretty simple. Typically if you believe in someone who has died being able to contact you after they pass to assure you they are ok it is thought that animals will appear. With his fascination with hummingbirds that was passed on from the captain it was an obvious choice to be used as such.
This is why Id fail as an art major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto_GTZ View Post

*****SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT*****

The guy getting struck by lightning
That guy had me laughing my ass off. "There I was just sitting in my truck minding my own business."
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

"One day I was just walking in the field minding my own business..." BAM lol

01 GT Vert.... FINALLY!!!! "They Ain't 20's but I keep 'em clean"

Texas State women are *too* down!!!!
Quote:
What the fuck is going on?! White people are not supposed to be treated this way!

4gifs.com
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by threefortytwo View Post
I was NOT impressed. You probably shouldn't continue to read if you still want to see the movie..

What the HELL was up with the stupid hummingbird?? Yes, I know, it was a symbol. No, I didn't miss it: The captain had a tattoo of a hummingbird, and liked to tell awestruck foreigners all about the amazing hummingbird with the help of an interpretor. Yes, it was kind of touching when Benjamin saw the hummingbird when the captain died way out at sea. But why show the dumb hummingbird when Daisy died at the end in the hurricane? It wasn't Benjamin's symbol, it had nothing to do with daisy... Oh, and did her daughter die in the storm, too?

Oh, and what's with constantly walking out on family and friends and then popping back in? Almost every character did it. What's up with Benjamin's mom dying without him even getting a phone call? It was the fucking 60's by then, people used phones to call when a family member was sick..

As someone near me was exiting the theatre, they were joking around saying: "so he was born as an old man baby, and died as a baby baby.." Sort of funny after you think about it.

Another thing, too. The whole early stages of the Daisy/Benjamin love tie was terribly unbelievable. Daisy had zero redeeming qualities. There was no reason for Benjamin to stay tied up with her. They did nothing to make the audience like Daisy.

*sigh.. I think my hopes were a bit too high for this one.. :P!

Are you a woman? You think to fucking much, just watch the movie and enjoy it.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Forrest Gump is one of my all time favorite movies. Someone had told me that Benajmin Button was pretty much a parallel of Gump. I figured that was good, and that I was going to like it. Then I saw it and realized that Eric Roth must be out of ideas because this is a fucking carbon copy of Forrest Gump. Only boring. The movie is ok but is a bit slow. I thought it drug at times. And I couldn't stop getting irked at the obvious Gump rip offs. These are not subtle in any way. yes, even though they were both written by the same guy, I felt it was a rip off. Hummingbird/feather, tugboat/shrimp boat, single mother, walking problems, Lt Dan/Captain Mike, jesus, the list is long to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post

What's wrong with interpreting metaphors in a movie? They are put there for a reason. Not all of us are mindless zombies.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Timmay

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Lifer

I thought it was a good movie, but damn 3 hours and me having to pee sucked.
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Rice User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe View Post
first woman with a 12 inch dick ya herpe factory
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 08:43 AM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Forrest Gump is one of my all time favorite movies. Someone had told me that Benajmin Button was pretty much a parallel of Gump. I figured that was good, and that I was going to like it. Then I saw it and realized that Eric Roth must be out of ideas because this is a fucking carbon copy of Forrest Gump. Only boring. The movie is ok but is a bit slow. I thought it drug at times. And I couldn't stop getting irked at the obvious Gump rip offs. These are not subtle in any way. yes, even though they were both written by the same guy, I felt it was a rip off. Hummingbird/feather, tugboat/shrimp boat, single mother, walking problems, Lt Dan/Captain Mike, jesus, the list is long to say the least.
yea i saw a video with comparisons and was like damn
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 06:42 AM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

I agree with this. About 2 hours in Jodi and I were bitching about it being a Gump ripoff. I haven't read the short story by F Scott Fitzgerald but imagine since it was written in 1920 that this film takes plenty of liberties with the source material. I didn't hate it, but I won't be watching it again. Could have been great, but ended up feeling much too contrived.

Didn't realize it was directed by David Fincher until after I rented it. That guy getting struck by lightning was pure vintage Fincher. I am a huge fan and wish I would have liked this movie more.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 10:46 AM
phuk therd gier

awful movie... no climax, no conflict.... boooooorrrrriiinnnnggggggg

04 converted V8
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Time Served

Saw it last night.......boring, really dragging.

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 10:50 PM
tha cookie

looks ok. if i dont like it will just take it back.

1999 Ford Mustang- Back in Black: under construction

2004 Honda Element- not so much racing goodies the daily driver
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 08:38 AM
LUCIFER

Saw it, didn't care to much for it. Just boring to me

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 08:59 AM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

It was like watching Forrest Gump, but instead of a retard you have a old man that grows young.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 11:39 AM
phuk therd gier

ok what the hell... how in the world was it at all like forrest gump?? forrest gump was an awesome movie with a good story

04 converted V8
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY04Mustang View Post
ok what the hell... how in the world was it at all like forrest gump?? forrest gump was an awesome movie with a good story
I didnt say it was as good as forrest gump, just reminded me of it. Personally I didnt care for Benjamin Button, I thought it was ok at best
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 11:12 PM
WTF is Zed?

I just watched this movie for the first time... and I felt it was Gump like too.

Not anywhere close as good as Gump, but I think this movie was influenced a lot by it. Brad Pitt narrating the movie, scenes out at sea, the hummingbird in place of a feather, war references, etc.

It was worth watching IMO, but I won't be seeing it again. Gump on the other hand I've watched countless times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement