The Incredible Hulk movie review - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thumbs up The Incredible Hulk movie review

Here is my review: Awesome!

If you are a fan of the original TV series and comic books (like me) then you will think this is one of the best movies you've seen. If you are a movie critic then you will note some of the obvious plot holes and quick segues from one scene to the other. i.e. Being on the run and penniless on the streets in Guatemala, but in the next major scene arriving at Culver University in Virginia.

This movie is more geared towards fun action/adventure instead of trying to get too involved into the deep emotional struggle of the character. That is where the first movie failed miserably and then topped it off with a silly non-relevant ending. The first movie paid no real homage to the original TV series. This new movie does pay respect to the original series and Bill Bixby. They use some of the music from the original TV series and even pay homage to Bill Bixby by showing Banner watching "Courtship of Eddie's Father" on TV. For the young folks out there it was a TV series that Bill Bixby did prior to Incredible Hulk. Lou Ferrigno is even in this movie as a guard and the voice of the Hulk. Even the intro to this movie was a montage similar to the original TV series. This movie is basically a modern multi-million dollar stylized episode of the original series. They ramped up the action and slightly dumbed down the dialog to make this a formula summer blockbuster hit. The last scene of this movie also leads into the Iron Man movie.

Being a big fan of most of the Marvel Comics characters, I thought this movie one of the best I've seen in a long time. I rate it 4 stars.

IMO..This movie is better than the Spiderman and Fanstastic Four movies, but I still like them all just the same. And, of course, you see your typical cameo of Stan Lee in the film.

This movie makes up for the embarrassment of the 2003 movie with Eric Bana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

Last edited by Mustangman_2000; 06-15-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Mavs Fan For Life!

The trailers look much better than the Ang Lee movie a few years ago. Only thing that might be better about the first Hulk movie is that Jennifer Connelly was in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 04:01 AM
NES Crew

At best, the movie should be alright.

What's not alright is naming your child Stan, if your surname is Lee.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 05:12 AM
emg
Time Served

i thought it was bad ass
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Time Served

The movie was good...I like the end when Iron Man showed up asking if the cornel needed help with a problem.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KADUKU
The movie was good...I like the end when Iron Man showed up asking if the cornel needed help with a problem.
what is a cornel?

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Here is my review: Awesome!

If you are a fan of the original TV series and comic books (like me) then you will think this is one of the best movies you've seen. If you are a movie critic then you will note some of the obvious plot holes and quick segues from one scene to the other. i.e. Being on the run and penniless on the streets in Guatemala, but in the next major scene arriving at Culver University in Virginia.

This movie is more geared towards fun action/adventure instead of trying to get too involved into the deep emotional struggle of the character. That is where the first movie failed miserably and then topped it off with a silly non-relevant ending. The first movie paid no real homage to the original TV series. This new movie does pay respect to the original series and Bill Bixby. They use some of the music from the original TV series and even pay homage to Bill Bixby by showing Banner watching "Courtship of Eddie's Father" on TV. For the young folks out there it was a TV series that Bill Bixby did prior to Incredible Hulk. Lou Ferrigno is even in this movie as a guard and the voice of the Hulk. Even the intro to this movie was a montage similar to the original TV series. This movie is basically a modern multi-million dollar stylized episode of the original series. They ramped up the action and slightly dumbed down the dialog to make this a formula summer blockbuster hit. The last scene of this movie also leads into the Iron Man movie.

Being a big fan of most of the Marvel Comics characters, I thought this movie one of the best I've seen in a long time. I rate it 4 stars.

IMO..This movie is better than the Spiderman and Fanstastic Four movies, but I still like them all just the same. And, of course, you see your typical cameo of Stan Lee in the film.

This movie makes up for the embarrassment of the 2003 movie with Eric Bana.

Couldn't agree more...

I was so ready to be disappointed and it is easily one of the best movies of the year... Ed Norton was just as amazing as always....it was even tolerable having to watch Liv Tyler for 2 hours. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but my favorite part was when the guy asks Hulk.."Is that all you got?"

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KADUKU
Really wish i didn't read this as i haven't seen the movie yet!!
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:59 PM

Thumbs up

Three words! BAD ASS MOVIE!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Big "foot"

Lookin' forward to seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
The trailers look much better than the Ang Lee movie a few years ago. Only thing that might be better about the first Hulk movie is that Jennifer Connelly was in it.

Oh yes... sweet, sweet Jennifer Connelly..... *drool*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangol
At best, the movie should be alright.

What's not alright is naming your child Stan, if your surname is Lee.
lol, it's his pen name, goof. It's not like this Jewish kid from NYC was born "Stan Lee".

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:51 AM
07 TBSS

This looked like it had potential and it definately came through imo. This movie touches so many grounds in the comic world which most comic movies don't. If your familiar with spider-man(nick fury/shield) that is referenced in this movie. Tony stark is at the end of course and even through the movie it shows stark industries stuff in it. This is the 1st comic movie to have so many ties to other comics which is good to see them finally doing. Not too sure, becuase i didn't read it(before my time) but im sure some would suggest that this movie even taps into Captain america.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Big "foot"

Awesome! Saw it last night and it exceeded my expectations. The persecuted wanderer angle that they took, like the TV show, was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636ryder
Not too sure, becuase i didn't read it(before my time) but im sure some would suggest that this movie even taps into Captain america.
It does. Remember when the General mentioned the "World War II super soldier program"?
There's Capt. America right there. In fact, I think they even mentioned "putting it on ice", which may explain how Capt. America can go from WWII era to current day. (cryogenically frozen)

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 10:13 PM

I saw it tonight... Really just noticed all the tie-ins w/ Iron Man since I finally saw it on sunday.

Kickass flick!

I wonder how they're gonna tie it all together for the next one. There obviously has to be a sequel
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:42 AM

My boyfriend took me to see it yesterday. I really, really enjoyed it!! I'd pay to see it again but will wait to purchase it on DVD.

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Out

I just got it on DVD about an hour ago. I'll check it out tonight. Yay for bootleggers!!!
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I just got it on DVD about an hour ago. I'll check it out tonight. Yay for bootleggers!!!

Word! Downloading it as we speak.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Word! Downloading it as we speak.
I get them for $2 a piece. I also got that new Will Smith movie Hancock. I don't think it's even released in the States yet.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 09:14 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Meh. Unimpressed, even being a big fan of Ed Norton. Ironman was way more bang for the buck.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
I get them for $2 a piece. I also got that new Will Smith movie Hancock. I don't think it's even released in the States yet.
PM me info? How and where...

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
PM me info? How and where...
Nazaria, Iraq. LOL
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
Nazaria, Iraq. LOL

gah..I thought you had a site source or something. The one that I used to have shut down....

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Lifer

I saw the movie thought it was great, not Iron Man great but still good. If/when they make a sequel you pretty much know who will be the villan in the next movie if you paid attention in this movie and know a little about the comics. Now Im waiting for Batman to see if it can over throw Iron Man.

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 02:44 AM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSS
I saw the movie thought it was great, not Iron Man great but still good. If/when they make a sequel you pretty much know who will be the villan in the next movie if you paid attention in this movie and know a little about the comics. Now Im waiting for Batman to see if it can over throw Iron Man.
the leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Time Served

I thought it was okay, didn't feel ripped off, but probably won't watch it again.

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
Awesome! Saw it last night and it exceeded my expectations. The persecuted wanderer angle that they took, like the TV show, was perfect.

It does. Remember when the General mentioned the "World War II super soldier program"?
There's Capt. America right there. In fact, I think they even mentioned "putting it on ice", which may explain how Capt. America can go from WWII era to current day. (cryogenically frozen)

Captain America's shield can also be seen in Iron Man's basement lab in a few scenes. Also If I'm not mistaken, captain America in the comics was cryogenically frozen and awoken in "todays" time.

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Big "foot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Captain America's shield can also be seen in Iron Man's basement lab in a few scenes.
Get the fuck outta here!

First I've heard of that one, and I've seen it twice.

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Lifer

Yep its sitting on his table as he is putting the suit on. Pretty sure there are a few videos on youtube.

The First Avenger- Captain America.. Comes out in 2011.

Also In the tank chamber(hulk movie) one of the tanks says "Rebirth" on it. The first known Super-Soldier Serum was developed as part of a top secret US Government experiment called Operation: Rebirth.

Lots of little hints all through the movie.

post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Captain America's shield can also be seen in Iron Man's basement lab in a few scenes. Also If I'm not mistaken, captain America in the comics was cryogenically frozen and awoken in "todays" time.
I believe Cap. America plane was shot down, fell into the Arctic and he was frozen there... then found later

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schargedcobra97
I believe Cap. America plane was shot down, fell into the Arctic and he was frozen there... then found later
Maybe that was the case...

I just remember way back in the day reading about him getting "thawed" out.

post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Yep its sitting on his table as he is putting the suit on. Pretty sure there are a few videos on youtube.

The First Avenger- Captain America.. Comes out in 2011.

Also In the tank chamber(hulk movie) one of the tanks says "Rebirth" on it. The first known Super-Soldier Serum was developed as part of a top secret US Government experiment called Operation: Rebirth.

Lots of little hints all through the movie.
That will be cool. Definitely look forward to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 03:37 PM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
just got back from watching it with my son. well worth the admission. i liked all the references made to other marvel characters. only thing that irked me was how they made the abomination look. other than that i cant wait for the next one to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Time Served

Very good movie indeed.

The appearance of Ironman at the end is great too.

This Hulk film was far better than that abomination a few years back.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Check out my decor!

I saw it last week. I liked it, but never watched the TV series or read the comic books.

There will be another one for sure.

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01

Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:10 PM
who cares

How is this suppose to be better than the last one?
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 02:12 AM
07 TBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassystang
For the comic lore folks it touchs more bases with the real story line that made this movie. Ask real fans about x-men v x-men 3. I'm pretty sure they will all have the similiar responses. Also this one left out the 15min monologue that one guy had at the end of the 1st one.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassystang

Did you see the first one? It was terrrrrrible. Horrible. The CGI was retarded.

The new one was leaps and bounds better than the Ang Lee version, but I still didn't care for it. Little things like how the soldiers kept shooting at the hulk even though the bullets were bouncing off. Common sense would dictate to run and it's little things like that, that killed this movie for me. You can only ask me to suspend reality for so long. There's got to be some grain of realism in there or i'm out. I loved Iron Man and will buy it on DVD when it comes out. Can't say i'd ever watch The Hulk again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement