Samsung HL-T6187S - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Samsung HL-T6187S

So I'm looking for a big screen and I'm reallying leaning towards this one. Anyone have any experience with this model? http://reviews.cnet.com/projection-t...-32313062.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Resident Epicurean

I don't know honestly, as I haven't owned one personally. However, the general consensus here seems to be that the Samsung DLP tvs are sub par compared to the competition. Hopefully Grant or someone else that has owned a Samsung DLP will post up.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:47 PM
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I don't know honestly, as I haven't owned one personally. However, the general consensus here seems to be that the Samsung DLP tvs are sub par compared to the competition. Hopefully Grant or someone else that has owned a Samsung DLP will post up.
Sub Par? Samsung? lol.
Shit, just go sit in a store and take a look at them compared to the other dlp's.
I have the 56' slim/thing dlp model, and the ONLY one that looked better than it did (of all the dlp's that were currently on the floor), was the samsung model that used led's. There wasn't much of a difference, but just enough to see that it wasn't you're standard bulb dlp.
I lov emine to death and can get lost just staring at it on some hd content.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
Sub Par? Samsung? lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
While I won't refer people to Samsung for their DLP's, their LCD's are pretty nice and this one is no different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Most of my distaste has been from a Samsung DLP that I bought around a year ago. It was pretty much DOA, it had geometry issues and Samsung took FOREVER to do anything about it.

My parents also had one that gave them issues, though Samsung did act pretty quickly in replacing it.

If you look over on avsforums, most note that there are still geometry issues present on the "slim-design" models. They also had issues with rainbow effects from the color wheel.

That said, I've just never found a Samsung DLP that has impressed me, at any price level.

I do like their LCD's and Plasmas for the most part though. Just my $.02 though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
That sucks. I can't say enough good things about our Samsung DLP, it looked great out of the box, but admittedly I can see some rainbows from time to to time, I need to bite the bullet and get it calibrated, the guy that wants to do it swears he can get 80-90% of the rainbows to disappear. We've had it for close to 3 years now, you'd figure I would have done it long ago. Maybe some day.

It appears when it comes to DLP, they are sub par. I own an LCD, and will most likely never buy another brand other than Samsung.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:13 PM
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
It appears when it comes to DLP, they are sub par. I own an LCD, and will most likely never buy another brand other than Samsung.
Mine looked great out of the box, and still does.
Now comparing DLP's to LCDs and Plasmas is apples and oranges.
What model DLP is he referring to? it'd be shitty to steer someone away due to problems with a completely different model.

Do more research on the model online, don't take the word of one or two dfwstangers. You know they have to have the absolute best with their $200k salaries and armory full of guns.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement