30 Days of Night - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

30 Days of Night

Rented this on Bluray and watched it over the weekend. It was a lot better than I expected. When it first started out I was worried that Josh Hartnett was going to be too wussified to play the protagonist, but it didn't really matter - the vampires stole the show. Vampires in movies are typically more romantic and sophisticated than they are scary. Ha, not in this flick! These vampires are brutal and hideous and came to kill and eat and they get right down to business. If you can't appreciate a ghory, bloody, massacre movie then don't watch this one. It goes right to the limit, and maybe slightly over the top, while managing to not be way too silly like a lot of movies. Josh Hartnett does okay. The chick could have been hotter. The special effects were very well done. Good idea, and good execution. At times, you really get the sense of fear that the characters in the movie are feeling. But again, for me, it was all about these vampires and how fresh it was to see them portrayed this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 02:16 PM

This was definitely one of the best horror movies to come out in quite a while. Great movie and I really liked the ending.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 04:01 PM
LUCIFER

I wasn't a big fan of the movie.
I just think this movie had ALOT more potential.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement