Proof Arlington has gone down hill - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Proof Arlington has gone down hill

They are filming Prison Break here in front of my work this morning and playing it off as Panama. I just thought thats funny...

But really, its pretty cool. This is one of the only shows I actually watch. Iv never missed a single episode. Only person I saw is Lincoln though, another chick who I didnt recognize... But cops wouldnt let me get too close to talk and ask questions. But I sneaked in for a few minutes and was 5 feet from Lincoln while he was sitting in his chair..

i dont know why, but is cool to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:28 AM
老师

wtf did you need proof for

i thought it was a commonly known fact...
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Lifer

where are they filming this at?

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:32 AM

It was a shit hole when I moved in '92.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

on Main St. in front of the Arlington Theater by the railroad tracks
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Insane In The Membrane

Bro, the entire world is going down hill!

On a mission for commission
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Big "foot"

I hate to hear that (the Arlington going down hill thing).

It was a great place to grow up.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE

not anymore lol...unless if you want a nice education in ebonics and theft/drugs...

and wait till the stadium is built and they manage public transportation..probably just get worse and there will be more homeless people
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Time Served

I LOVE Prison Break... slightly jealous....
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:51 AM
♣ L.B.C.C. ♣

Exclamation agreed

Quote:

no shit, what the fuck? it's a diverse, old school city that is so far from being shit, it's unreal. it's been gradually on the up & up since the katrina cats split the scene, too. i went back to arlington to visit the parents for thanksgiving and i went to the parks mall....that place was actually decent to shop around in again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
This thread makes me want to get all wack on loco watermelon chewy cocoa popo juice and xanax and go drive my shitbox and cry forever 'cause my girl left me and my step dad tells me he loves me with his fists.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLfanatic
They are filming Prison Break here in front of my work this morning and playing it off as Panama. I just thought thats funny...

hahahah that is funny. I've walked though Panama City before. I think the only difference is that Arlington has more white hookers.

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
no shit, what the fuck? it's a diverse, old school city that is so far from being shit, it's unreal. it's been gradually on the up & up since the katrina cats split the scene, too. i went back to arlington to visit the parents for thanksgiving and i went to the parks mall....that place was actually decent to shop around in again...
wtf? Maybe you visited on a lucky day...anytime ive been to the parks mall its been far from "decent"...unless if drastic changes have happened in the past month. I can tell you they havent from everywhere else around here so i think you got lucky. Crime is up in arlington from what ive seen so there's nothing going up besides that.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Wolverines!!!

Everything east of FtWorth sucks!
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Lifer

I guess downtown Dallas is bad too. They've been filming here for the last 2 years. A lot of the scenes fron Chicago were actually Dallas.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:04 AM
♣ L.B.C.C. ♣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats M Life
wtf? Maybe you visited on a lucky day...anytime ive been to the parks mall its been far from "decent"...unless if drastic changes have happened in the past month. I can tell you they havent from everywhere else around here so i think you got lucky. Crime is up in arlington from what ive seen so there's nothing going up besides that.
it's mickey mouse land compared to most towns and citys is all I'm saying. the majority of my life was spent there and i've seen it go through its ups and downs, but it's definetely not 'Tha Cliff' or some shit like some people make it out to be lol. it's still a very nice place to raise a family.

Quote:
This thread makes me want to get all wack on loco watermelon chewy cocoa popo juice and xanax and go drive my shitbox and cry forever 'cause my girl left me and my step dad tells me he loves me with his fists.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Crime is up in arlington from what ive seen so there's nothing going up besides that.

It all started when they ran the titty bars out of town!

Boobs calm the masses.

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
AKA Kimbo

Quote:
dont go up there after 7:00... the crickets come out if you no what i mean

Last edited by Chiggi04; 11-27-2007 at 11:13 AM.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
reppin tha westside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
X eleventy billion.

and Blake, quit bullshitin..........you never grew up

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Big "foot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
Hahah, including East Fort Worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwell
and Blake, quit bullshitin..........you never grew up
Busted.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:20 AM
♣ L.B.C.C. ♣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggi04
dont go up there after 7:00... the crickets come out if you no what i mean
lol i know what you mean bro. maybe its just me, but i happen to enjoy an ethnic area, full of all sorts of people....my last place was some apts off of good ol' washington and lincoln for a couple years and i heard every story underneath the sun about that area........not once did i see a drive-by, stabbing, shooting, car jacking, etc.......just a bunch of wanksters doing wankster ass shit......

Quote:
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
it's mickey mouse land compared to most towns and citys is all I'm saying. the majority of my life was spent there and i've seen it go through its ups and downs, but it's definetely not 'Tha Cliff' or some shit like some people make it out to be lol. it's still a very nice place to raise a family.
true...not trying to talk it up to something it isnt. Its by no means Fair Park lol...just saying its not nice either. Grapevine is what I consider a nice place to raise a family or Coppell, not arlington though..but still better then ghetto places in dallas and even parts of Irving/GP can get worse then Arlington
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
♣ L.B.C.C. ♣

Smile

Quote:
true...not trying to talk it up to something it isnt. Its by no means Fair Park lol...just saying its not nice either. Grapevine is what I consider a nice place to raise a family or Coppell, not arlington though..but still better then ghetto places in dallas and even parts of Irving/GP can get worse then Arlington
exactly!

Quote:
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
exactly!
U can normally judge an area by going to the local walmart (funny but true). I can vouch that the walmart in GP is worse then the walmart in arlington (even the one on cooper). Wish I had done a little more exploring before moving but o well nothing that cant be fixed in a few years by moving.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:41 AM
AKA Kimbo

but in all seriousness i like arlington its pretty damn cool hella hoes,beer, etc
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Big "foot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggi04
but in all seriousness i like arlington its pretty damn cool hella hoes,beer, etc

It's cool because it has "hella hoes", and... let me get this straight.... "beer". Doesn't everywhere have beer?

I know there are dry areas in some places, but you're usually a mile or two away from somewhere to buy beer.

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 AM
yes, jluv

There are worse parts in other cities, but overall Arlington has gone way down hill over the past 20 years, and especially the last 10. Sucks when you can't park your ride and go in for a movie without taking a very real chance of getting your shit jacked. Sucks when my mom can't even put a bird feeder out in her front yard or a cactus on her porch without someone stealing it. Sucks when kids can't ride a bike to their friends house without pulling it inside. Sucks when a bunch of thugs stand in the middle of the street flashing gang signs at old people in their cars just trying to get home from church. I know it goes on elsewhere, and then some, but the point is that Arlington wasn't really like that back in the day.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 AM
♣ L.B.C.C. ♣

lol

edit: not at you jared lol was referrin to the beers and hos in arlington

Quote:

Last edited by Fern; 11-27-2007 at 12:01 PM.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
lol

edit: not at you jared lol was referrin to the beers and hos in arlington

Shit man, I don't know about you, but I'm always making special trips to Agtown for my beers and hoes. You just can't get good quality beers or hoes North of the Trinity anymore.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 07:23 PM
You never go full retard

<----- I've been in some background work in 2 episodes in the past. The main set is up in Decatur, but they've done alot of filming in Dallas. How could you not know this?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:

x2. I loved it, and still love going back to visit.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement