Saw IV - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
is chilaxing

Saw IV

Who's gonna go see this. I like the 1st and 3rd one. 2nd one was ok. I'll probably go see it this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:21 AM
not exclude

They need to give it up...
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
They need to give it up...
Exactly.

Saw 1 was a good idea.

Saw 2 made me not want to see any others.

It's going to become as dull as the Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th series if they continue. Hell, it might even be that way now.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
How you doin'

i didn't even know that there was a saw 3! lol
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:49 AM
who cares

yep, i want to see it!

Got sass?
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Lifer

Saw 1 and 2 was alright. Saw three was horrible. Not gonna waste my money on four.

02-z28
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
is chilaxing

When I saw the commercial, I was like, "damn, another one". We might see it or wait for DVD.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

I got suckered in on the first 3 despite not likeing any of them hoping for redemption from the previous ones. No such luck and each time I came out further in debt, squandering away precious minutes of my life. I'll be damned if I see the 4th. 3 strikes they are out.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 05:24 PM
You never go full retard

I do have to admit, the idea and concept behind the movie is pretty brilliant. Thought the third one sucked but I'm interested to see how this one turns out.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 06:01 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I only watched the first one and from what I've heard it's better off that way.

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 06:33 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
I only watched the first one and from what I've heard it's better off that way.
Consider yourself lucky. I only saw the first two, and that was bad enough.

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 07:54 PM
v2004 rebooted.

I actually liked the first one, the first time I, ahem, saw, it. The second time, not so much. The second movie blew. Didn't bother with the 3rd after such a lackluster performance in the second.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Nope. My girlfriend and friends are going to see it friday night while i'm up in Denton at the track. Fuck a bunch of that shit, no way in hell i'd see it.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 08:17 AM

I might go see it. I kind of like the other ones, but the 3rd one was kind of predictable.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Owned!!

i really like them movies. i might wait till sunday to go watch it that way it wont be so packed

www.myspace.com/dmoney86
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Say What?

ill be seeing it sometime this weekend..either tomorrow night or sunday during the day. ill let ya guys know what i thought.

'89 LX Hatchback 5.0 - 306, GT40 intake, Trickflow Fast As Cast 190cc, stock cam, 1.6 RR's, UD pullies, 3.73's, BBK shorties, Mac off-road H pipe, Flowmaster 44 series, Stage 2 clutch, Hurst shifter, k-member, control arms, coil-overs, 5-lug'd.
**14.2 @ 96 before motor build**14.3 @ 103 after motor rebuild** leaving off idle, grinding into 2nd gear, missing 3rd gear, on street tires. Need a good T5. Or a decent price on a rebuild. PM me?
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 03:01 PM
You never go full retard

I watched it online last night... not a bad movie... kind confusing cause it goes back and forth alot.... not surprised at the ending though.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 03:09 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I saw it Friday afternoon....was not impressed. I loved the first one, but with each sequel, the quality has diminished from the previous release....Saw IV was no exception. I either got lost, or they fucked up the time line.

Someone help me remember (as I was on 3 hours of sleep and just finished a 6 hour drive), what was on the tape that was in Johns stomach?
THIS DOESN"T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY.....

It was Jigsaw telling the rules of the next game to the detective. Basically what starts the whole movie out.

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
is chilaxing

I heard about the going back and forth. Guess I'm gonna wait for DVD.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Custom User Title

I can not wait I am going with friends wed night!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 04:30 AM
Lifer

Basicly most of saw 4 has the same timeline as saw 3.. It did get a little confusing.

G/F loves stupid "scarey" movies, so i'm forced to see them

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 09:50 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
eh fuck it...it is such a wild ass sequence of events, I am not giving anything away....but if you haven't seen it and don't want to know what is going on, don't read the rest of this.........

hell, the writer couldn't even keep his time line straight.....I thought that tape is what started that black detective on his test...which is why it is kind of stupid...with him ending his test at the same time John is killed in the 3rd movie....how is that possible? Was I just too fucking tired and wasn't paying attention? Did I just drink waaaaaaaaay to much this weekend? (entirely possible).

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE MOVIE... DON"T READ THIS.

Well I want to know how he was in the morg and in the hospital bed from the 3rd one at the same damn time. I didn't get that. Also... how the hell did the guy from the 3rd one that made it through everything wearing the pajamas just show up? I'll agree, the timeline is very messed up. They said that Donnie Walbergs character had been missing for 6 months, but how is that possible because parts of the movie make it seem like all of that happened just a day or two after the 3rd movie. I definitely need to see it again to piece it all together.

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 01:38 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:

seems like we both had the same problem with the timeline....did not make sense at all....although Donnie's charachter was out of Saw II wasn't it? That is kind of plausible I guess.....but whatever, wasn't the greatest movie in the world for sure.

Ok I'm caught up on it all, it makes sense. Read this:

Movie Spoiler

Simple explaination here: Detective Hoffman (Costas Mandylor) is placed in a room with Eric Matthews (Donnie Wahlberg) and Jigsaw middleman Art (Justin Louis), who all have intricate death instruments attached to them. When Officer Rigg (Lyriq Bent) makes it into the room before time expires, he triggers the trap that kills Matthews by crushing his skull, but not before Matthews fires a single shot into Rigg's chest. Art plays a tape, which has Jigsaw's (Tobin Bell's) voice explaining that the purpose of this movie's game was to test his obsession. As his obsession led to the deaths of all those he tried to save, he failed, and he shoots Art in the head before Art can release himself. Hoffman unties himself and gets up, revealing that he is the new Jigsaw, as was revealed by discussion earlier in the film.

Now this is the confusing part:

Even though there is an FBI investigation going on at the same time as these events, it is important to understand that the events of SAW IV take place at the same time as the events of SAW III.

That's why when FBI agent Strahm (Scott Paterson) breaks into the room with Jeff in it (from III) and kills him, Jigsaw's dead body is there. The tape played at the beginning of the movie is removed AFTER everything has happened, so that Hoffman can continue Jigsaw's work with little police interference. It turns out Hoffman was in on Jigsaw's plan from part III as well. Amanda (Shawnee Smith) knew Hoffman was apprenticing with Jigsaw as well, so everything was in place long ago.

As for how exactly Jigsaw got a hold of Hoffman and inspired him to follow in his footsteps...well, we'll find out in SAW V, won't we?

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 PM
You never go full retard

DON"T READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE

Quote:
I understood everything but this.....the timeline still does not make sense to me. I thought the tape in the stomach was for Rigg, is it not?

The beginning of the movie is actually the very end, after everything happened. The tape was for the detective that's now taking jigsaws place. I think they just make it appear that the scene is the beginning of the movie. The tape doesn't say anything about Rigg. It just states that Jigsaw assures his work will continue.

post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:26 PM
You never go full retard

I also want to know why there wasn't a tape for the two guys at the very beginning. That really surprised me. There was no TV or tape message for the two men to inform them why they were there or how to escape their trap.

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
those two guys showed up in the middle of the move..at least one did, at the clinic. Did not have a prominent part, but I swear it was him..the bald guy. Was that guy with the stiches over his mouth not that Art guy? For some reason I got that impression.
See I thought the guy that had his mouth sewen shut was the lawyor guy, the one who was watching the monitors in the end.

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
is chilaxing

The more you two go back and forth, the more it makes me wanna see it.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
See I thought the guy that had his mouth sewen shut was the lawyor guy, the one who was watching the monitors in the end.

It was... I thought there was a tap or something for that first part?

"His tricked out trans am guzzles every dime he brings home"

2004 RC SWB F150 5.4 - Saleen S/C'd 5.4 3V
1979 Pace Car - Not the usual mods
1984 Gt-350 - Trickflow'd 302
1992 Coupe - Vortech'd 393
1997 Viper GTS - H/C and Giggles

Buy my F-150 Vortech Setup! - Link
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
It was... I thought there was a tap or something for that first part?
There was, but it wasn't until after the big guy died. Which it basically said congratulations you survived.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement