I am now complete... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Smile I am now complete...

I fufilled a lifelong (ok, only for the past 5 years or so) dream tonight by seeing Rush in concert.

It was amazing. Personally, I think they played too much of their new stuff (which was great by the way, but it's just not quite the same), but it didn't bother me.

They opened up with Limelight and Freewill, played a ton of new stuff for the next hour and a half, took a 20 minute break, came back, played some older "new" stuff, then started getting into stuff like Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer, and then had a mini encore which ended with YYZ.

I can now die peacefully.

Three songs I wanted to see that I didn't: Working Man, La Villa Strangiato, and 2112 Overture.

But I can wait for them to come back on a non-album tour for the best of them.

Only downside was it was hotter tthan balls out at smirnoff. Just insane how much we sweated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 11:32 PM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
booo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivea4banger
booo!!
are you booing rush or booing out of jealousy?

you best be booing out of jealousy or i will e-kick your ass!

and yes, this was an e-threat. i'll e-kick your ass twice if you have a problem with it.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Lifer

Were there a lot of 30-40 somethings out there?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 12:31 AM

You need better lifetime goals. Plus you are like what 18 years old? It is one thing to like a band but damn dude and on top of that....RUSH???? Get the fuck outta here with that shit.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Time Served

I was there also. Don't care for some of the new stuff but it did sound good. Kinda odd to see them at an outdoor event. They made there living playing the indoor arena's.

It was strange to see so many 30 and 40 somethings there. I being one of them kinda made it odd. Plus seeing so many parents with there kids and the kids knowing the songs. Oh and the lady sitting in front of us crocheting. Lady your at a concert put the yarn up!!!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 12:53 AM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsretiredathlete
are you booing rush or booing out of jealousy?

you best be booing out of jealousy or i will e-kick your ass!

and yes, this was an e-threat. i'll e-kick your ass twice if you have a problem with it.

i e-dare you!!!

Quote:
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivea4banger
i e-dare you!!!
You e-lose. Google has spoken.
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...idrivea4banger
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

You seriously need to get out more if you look forward to a Rush concert...

You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ws4
You seriously need to get out more if you look forward to a Rush concert...
You sir are a fucking no music taste having idiot.

That didn't play working man????? WTF???

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:30 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1

That didn't play working man????? WTF???
Yeah, I was kinda hoping that the show would close out with Working Man. I took my mother there as that was her birthday present when tickets went on sale. I expressed the same feelings as others here in that they played just a tad too much of their new stuff.

Usually, everyone is standing the entire time for their concerts. There were quite a few "sitters" this year. Some of that might have been attributed to the heat, which, as was also mentioned before, was unfuckingbearable, but most, I feel was due to a semi-weak set list. Too much new stuff and songs that the casual listener wouldn't even know (Circumstances, Natural Science (THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THAT!!!!), Dreamline, Mission)

What about traffic on the way out?!?! I got in the car and started pulling out of the parking space at 11:07. It was 12:23 before I got to the freeway.

Last edited by Geof; 08-12-2007 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1
I didnt say rush sicks balls or anything I just think living for a concert is kinda sad. It is seldom a band is better live and its even more rare to see a good concert in dallas. Buy a live DVD, turn up the surround sound, and enjoy the A/C. It takes an act of god to get me to put up with a live show in dallas. We have ZERO good music venues.

You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:52 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
I didnt say rush sicks balls or anything I just think living for a concert is kinda sad. It is seldom a band is better live and its even more rare to see a good concert in dallas. Buy a live DVD, turn up the surround sound, and enjoy the A/C. It takes an act of god to get me to put up with a live show in dallas. We have ZERO good music venues.
Guess you forgot about Nokia.

I'll reserve judgement on HOB until I've been there.

Bands aren't "better" live because they can't edit their mistakes when they're playing. Hearing them make a mistake proves they're human and hearing them playing a song you know but playing it a little different from how it's recorded keeps things interesting.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Guess you forgot about Nokia.

I'll reserve judgement on HOB until I've been there.

Bands aren't "better" live because they can't edit their mistakes when they're playing. Hearing them make a mistake proves they're human and hearing them playing a song you know but playing it a little different from how it's recorded keeps things interesting.
Didnt forget about it, just didnt care for it. Ill take nokia over any of the outdoor venues but I havent really had good luck getting good tickets to nokia yet as it is a little on the small side. I have more of a problem with the people at a live show and the heat more than the music quality. as much as I like having smoke blown in my face (I dont mean cigrettes) and beer spilled down my back. I think Ill pass.

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcluke
You need better lifetime goals. Plus you are like what 18 years old? It is one thing to like a band but damn dude and on top of that....RUSH???? Get the fuck outta here with that shit.
Name a better trio of musicians. Do it. You can't. Not a better band of 3 guys, but as far as talent goes, that band is oozing awesomeness.

Quote:
Wah wah wah! All i hear is a bunch of bitching and moaning. Candy ass
You really can't put up with a little bit of heat to hear the real deal?

And who gives a fuck about the music venue? You don't go to a concert to see how good the food service is at the snack bar at the venue, you go to watch the goddamn music.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcluke
Oooooohhhh

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...word2=skidmark
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:28 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
LOL, bad link newb

edit: now it works, weird
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:30 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
LOL, bad link newb
Fixed. Copy/paste from that website is pretty shitty.

Actually, I think I was the shitty one.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Fixed. Copy/paste from that website is pretty shitty.

Actually, I think I was the shitty one.
Ugh time to go work on the car... heat owns me.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...ark&word2=heat
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
Ugh time to go work on the car... heat owns me.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...ark&word2=heat
I did that yesterday and didn't finish. I MIGHT finish today, but after 4 hours outside yesterday and 4 hours of that concert last night, the AC is feeling pretty damn good.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Name a better trio of musicians. Do it. You can't. Not a better band of 3 guys, but as far as talent goes, that band is oozing awesomeness.
Crosby Stills and Nash?

Kind of apples to oranges but they were extremely talented.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Lifer

I saw Rush on their "Permanent Waves" tour...it was a GREAT concert....almost 30 years ago!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Big "foot"

Hated them. Then, a good friend of mine who was a giant fan took me to VodkaPlex in the mid-90's in an effort to convert me.

Yeah, they still suck.

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 03:50 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Boo Hoo. So many tears.
Give the kid a break. He saw a band live and liked it. Big whoop. Seeing a band live is much different than a DVD can reproduce. Some things are better and some things are worse. I guess you've been to every venue in town? Sounds to me like you don't see live shows because you might sweat a little.

Anyway, I have been a casual Rush fan since 1980 or so. I have never seen them live. I have a few of their discs, Rio DVD, etc and Moving Pictures was the first CD I ever heard in 1985. Big time Rush fans seem to be like big time Pink Floyd fans which means they have a weird fixation on one band. I don't get it.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 04:11 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
I fufilled a lifelong (ok, only for the past 5 years or so) dream tonight by seeing Rush in concert.

It was amazing. Personally, I think they played too much of their new stuff (which was great by the way, but it's just not quite the same), but it didn't bother me.

They opened up with Limelight and Freewill, played a ton of new stuff for the next hour and a half, took a 20 minute break, came back, played some older "new" stuff, then started getting into stuff like Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer, and then had a mini encore which ended with YYZ.

I can now die peacefully.

Three songs I wanted to see that I didn't: Working Man, La Villa Strangiato, and 2112 Overture.

But I can wait for them to come back on a non-album tour for the best of them.

Only downside was it was hotter tthan balls out at smirnoff. Just insane how much we sweated.
The only "older 'new' stuff" was One Little Victory which they opened up the encore with. Nothing else was played off of Vapor Trails, Test for Echo or Counterparts, that I recall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement