Just watched sicko - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
Just watched sicko

Yep home alone on a friday night so what do you do? Watch movies. I came across sicko and thought why not, it pretty much told me everything I already knew but my favorite part was when he was talking to americans living in France. It wasn't really funny as much as it was crazy but in France not only do they get free health care but the GOVERNMENT also has people that can come to your home and fold your clothes, cook your food, and take care of your kids for FREE. I don't think something like that would ever fly in the US and free universal health care isn't the answer either. I like Ron Paul's answer to health care costs better http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul339.html

Anyways if you want to watch it online here are the links for the streaming video:

part 1: http://www.veoh.com/static/flash/pla...reen&version=4

part 2: http://www.veoh.com/static/flash/pla...reen&version=4

part 3: http://www.veoh.com/static/flash/pla...reen&version=4

part 4: http://www.veoh.com/static/flash/pla...reen&version=4
ayzo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
parts 2-4 don't work for me.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
yep looks like they took them down, you can watch it here http://joox.net/id/1327586 but you will need to download and install the DivX codec (most new computers already have it) from here http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/
ayzo is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:39 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
So you're one of those "the world owes me a living" people too? Get a job with a decent health care plan. Get a wife that can cook, fold your clothes, and watch your kids. This is all shit that you're SUPPOSED to do. So the French can't handle raising a family, wow... you know where the airport is.
Denny is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:55 AM
ebay pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 4,360
The French have thier problems. Unemployment runs in the 15% range in good times, young people find it nearly impossible to find a job. And the French police cannot control internal terror groups.

Scott
White trash wagon is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
The French have thier problems. Unemployment runs in the 15% range in good times, young people find it nearly impossible to find a job. And the French police cannot control internal terror groups.

Scott
But your fucking clothes are folded!!!!
Denny is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:06 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
But your fucking clothes are folded!!!!
Thanks for making me laugh first thing in the morning.
GTJules99 is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
So you're one of those "the world owes me a living" people too? Get a job with a decent health care plan. Get a wife that can cook, fold your clothes, and watch your kids. This is all shit that you're SUPPOSED to do. So the French can't handle raising a family, wow... you know where the airport is.
LMFAO HELL NO! I believe that the role of government is to protect the people, not to raise and take care of them from cradle to grave.

Quote:
Yep home alone on a friday night so what do you do? Watch movies. I came across sicko and thought why not, it pretty much told me everything I already knew but my favorite part was when he was talking to americans living in France. It wasn't really funny as much as it was crazy but in France not only do they get free health care but the GOVERNMENT also has people that can come to your home and fold your clothes, cook your food, and take care of your kids for FREE. I don't think something like that would ever fly in the US and free universal health care isn't the answer either
Just in case you missed what I said
ayzo is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayzo
LMFAO HELL NO! I believe that the role of government is to protect the people, not to raise and take care of them from cradle to grave.



Just in case you missed what I said
OK... just making sure because there are tons of people who would jump, if an opportunity arose.
Denny is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Does he also address tax rates in those countries? In most of them the highest tax brackets are approaching 50%.
AL P is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Does he also address tax rates in those countries? In most of them the highest tax brackets are approaching 50%.
Bro... were talking uniformed creases in your draws! Fuck how much it's gonna cost for you to get yours and all the other jobless bums you have to pay for theirs as well.
Denny is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Here is the difference, in the US we can get medical anytime we want it, in gov't funded meccas like Canada, people wait years to get surgery. It's paid for, but the quality of life is lower.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
999,998 out of 1,000,000 illegals agree, the US has better health care than Canada.
Casper is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
999,998 out of 1,000,000 illegals agree, the US has better health care than Canada.
Why only poll .01% of them?
Denny is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Lifer
 
GT Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,335
Michael Moore was on Howard last week and they were calling him an American Patriot... I've lost a lot of respect for Howard... I don't know if its Beth or his therapy but he has really turned into a big fucking pansy...

MM is an opportunistic scumbag and I feel bad for the people that buy his bullshit...
GT Dan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome