Interesting Sopranos finale theory - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

Interesting Sopranos finale theory

I know there are a few other Sopranos threads, but I didn't want this to get lost.

Heard it on the Ticket this morning, but it was talking about all the other people that were in that diner at the end...

Cub scouts were in the train store when Bobby got whacked.
Trucker guy had something to do with a guy that got capped when Tony and Chrissy jacked a truck full of DVD players or somesuch in season 2.
Two black guys were the two that tried and failed to kill tony in season 2 (or 3?).

Just some interesting too-much-to-be-a-coincidence symbolism there. Maybe something about how Tony can never escape his past.. yadda yadda.

Also found this on some other forum...

Quote:
So here is what I found out. The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

Absolutely incredible!!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends.
Doesn't make the ending any less sucky, just something to ponder.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Frequent Flyer

That's basically what I gathered from the ending. He's going to have to continue living his life constantly looking over his shoulder.

Life goes on...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
The Medium Kabuki

I've been hearing that the "fade to black" or "cut to black" (as the tv did at the end) is a reference to when Tony got shot by Uncle Junior - he said that quote ... and him staring at Meadow, as she walked in, was him getting shot and her seeing it... or somesuch

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
The Medium Kabuki

Also... I'm pretty sure Tony's father got shot in a restaurant in front of his family...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:08 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

What a fucking JIP! Even though all of the above came to me as it ended, I also TiVo'd it and I kept rewinding it, it seems that when he heard the door bell thingy when Meadow was about to walk in, he was reaching for a gun, so it left for some very interesting topics for discussion...'Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Racist....that means you!

Yep, lots of wonderful shit to ponder and for me to poop on. Fuck that show.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Time Served

remember one of the 2 black guys that tried to kill tony in season one got killed in the act. Tony's dad died from emphazima. Chris never killed any trucker. it was his friend Brandon Falone who acted alone with out chris. Tony had nothing to do with that hit, he was acually agianst it. I was juniors trucker too who worked for juniors company Comley trucking., thats why brandon got killed by Micky Palmiece (juniors side kick). If you read the soprano's book it basically tells you about all the behind the scenes shit. They are known for using extra's over and over. Example. Vito Spatafore's actor was an extra in the deli scene in the second season when chris shoots the baker in the foot to prove he's a tough guy. Season 3 comes along and so does that same actor again. Enter Vito spatafore. From what i heard DavidChase was wanting everybody to know tony's past in always around him. What really needs to happen is David Chase needs to come out in a interview and tell what he was trying to imply. but then agian he is gonna let us keep guessing. i know now the end suck(i personally didnt feel that way) but as time goes by it will be better and better. Remember Scarface sucked ass in the the movie theatre's it was actaully yanked early out of the theatre's now its a Classic.

1994 Cobra
1996 Accord
2005 Suzuki Quadsport Z-400
2003 Arctic Cat ZL-600 SS EFI Its a snowmobile!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDCobra
remember one of the 2 black guys that tried to kill tony in season one got killed in the act. Tony's dad died from emphazima. Chris never killed any trucker. it was his friend Brandon Falone who acted alone with out chris. Tony had nothing to do with that hit, he was acually agianst it. I was juniors trucker too who worked for juniors company Comley trucking., thats why brandon got killed by Micky Palmiece (juniors side kick). If you read the soprano's book it basically tells you about all the behind the scenes shit. They are known for using extra's over and over. Example. Vito Spatafore's actor was an extra in the deli scene in the second season when chris shoots the baker in the foot to prove he's a tough guy. Season 3 comes along and so does that same actor again. Enter Vito spatafore. From what i heard DavidChase was wanting everybody to know tony's past in always around him. What really needs to happen is David Chase needs to come out in a interview and tell what he was trying to imply. but then agian he is gonna let us keep guessing. i know now the end suck(i personally didnt feel that way) but as time goes by it will be better and better. Remember Scarface sucked ass in the the movie theatre's it was actaully yanked early out of the theatre's now its a Classic.
I wouldn't go that far. It's a good movie, at best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement