Saw a decent show last night - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Saw a decent show last night

This is the first show that I've been thoroughly satisfied with in a long time. For the most part my musical tastes is 90s alt. rock, classic rock, and jazz, with some newer stuff, but it's pretty rare for me to like "indie" music.

Lovedrug headlined the show. I had never heard them before the show, and they really really surprised me with how good they were. A bit of a Radiohead tone, but actually sounds a bit more like Thom Yorke's solo stuff.

Green River Ordinance played just before Lovedrug, and they were good. Not anything great but they were enjoyable to listen to.

The New Frontiers played before GRO and they were excellent. Really solid band with a good piano-driven rock sound.

But I think next to Lovedrug, my favorite was The Novas who were the first or second band of the night on mainstage, and they were excellent. They have an excellent sound, lots of bass. I highly reccomend checking them out at myspace.com/thenovas

Anybody else listen to these bands at all?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsretiredathlete
This is the first show that I've been thoroughly satisfied with in a long time. For the most part my musical tastes is 90s alt. rock, classic rock, and jazz, with some newer stuff, but it's pretty rare for me to like "indie" music.

Lovedrug headlined the show. I had never heard them before the show, and they really really surprised me with how good they were. A bit of a Radiohead tone, but actually sounds a bit more like Thom Yorke's solo stuff.

Green River Ordinance played just before Lovedrug, and they were good. Not anything great but they were enjoyable to listen to.

The New Frontiers played before GRO and they were excellent. Really solid band with a good piano-driven rock sound.

But I think next to Lovedrug, my favorite was The Novas who were the first or second band of the night on mainstage, and they were excellent. They have an excellent sound, lots of bass. I highly reccomend checking them out at myspace.com/thenovas

Anybody else listen to these bands at all?

who?

Formerly known as whyte92stang
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 04:22 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

everyone at TCU is gay for GRO. Well, except for anyone that has a taste in music.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
everyone at TCU is gay for GRO. Well, except for anyone that has a taste in music.
everyone at TCU is just gay...

j/k..

Formerly known as whyte92stang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement