Composite AR's - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Composite AR's

Just wondering if any of you purchased either from Cabelas or the Dallas Gun Show . Cabelas had a bushmaster full composite with a cheap red dot for $650 . There was one person at the show selling the Plum Crazy complete lowers for $120 . I purchased one of each but have not had time to play with either yet . The busmaster is really light and I deff like that aspect . About a couple pounds heavier than my other comparable featured metal AR's . It does have a metal fire group were the PC lower has a composite fire group though it would be cheap and easy to convert that part to metalic . I have read reviews of actual owners from various other sites and most people are liking and having no major issues with the PC and bushmaster composite parts and the price is very appealing . You could have left the show with a firing AR for $550 , or at least I did .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Meeeeooowww

No idea about the Plum Crazy.

The Carbon 15 has had cracking problems in the past.

A lot of people like the Calvary Arms plastic lowers

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

yeah, read lots of reviews on em and think I will be ok as Bushmaster has made some improvements to these recently . The cracking issues have supposidly been fixed and the upper now has a forward assist as well as a port cover . I am going to fire off a couple mags this evening so I will post tomorrow with the initial results ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement