Thinking about 2 guns, Input needed.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thinking about 2 guns, Input needed....

I am currently looking at buying a couple different guns I found for sale but needed some input on what they are worth...

I wasn't given much info on either of them, but I plan on going to look at them this evening. The first is a Savage tactical 110 in .308 with bull barrel, rails, tactical light and bipod. They are asking $350.

The next one is a German pinfire pistol. I know nothing about these guns so any advice would be appreciated. They are asking $180 for it. I will attach the pics that I have.

Please let me know if you think that is a good price for these or not. Also, if you know much about the german pinfire pistols, that would be appreciated to.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1944309.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	100338   Click image for larger version

Name:	1939629.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	100339  

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyb0b81 View Post
I am currently looking at buying a couple different guns I found for sale but needed some input on what they are worth...

I wasn't given much info on either of them, but I plan on going to look at them this evening. The first is a Savage tactical 110 in .308 with bull barrel, rails, tactical light and bipod. They are asking $350.

The next one is a German pinfire pistol. I know nothing about these guns so any advice would be appreciated. They are asking $180 for it. I will attach the pics that I have.

Please let me know if you think that is a good price for these or not. Also, if you know much about the german pinfire pistols, that would be appreciated to.

Thanks!
A light on a bolt action rifle? WTF? I don't even see one in the picture unless they are taking it off that AR...

You might want to know about when the rifle was made, and when you go look at it check the bore and rifling. I think savage has 2 different triggers so you might ask about that too.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
A light on a bolt action rifle? WTF? I don't even see one in the picture unless they are taking it off that AR...

You might want to know about when the rifle was made, and when you go look at it check the bore and rifling. I think savage has 2 different triggers so you might ask about that too.
That is exactly what I was thinking about a light too. That is just what the email said that I got from the guy. The only light I saw was the one on the AR and it has already been sold. I asked if it had an accu-trigger, but the guy did not know. These were part of an estate and the owner passed away. I was going to check the bore and rifling. I was told that the savage was like new, but I still wanna double check it. What I am most concerned with is if the price is fair for the Savage. Also, any info on the pinfire pistol. Thanks!

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Time Served

Going just by the picture which doesn't show a lot.... It does look like an acu-trigger model. I don't see any rails though. Looks like a one piece scope base and a bi-pod attached to the from sling swivel. Basically a standard Savage 110 tactical or a 10FP. Those go for around $550-650 new.

The pin-fire on the other hand looks like a wall-hanger not a shooter. The question there is whether or not it goes with your house decor.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

I agree, it does look like the accutrigger. I would buy it for $350.
That said if you do not want it let me know, I will buy it....
The little pistol I would not buy, does not interest me at all....
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Time Served

Assuming the Savage does have the Accutrigger as the picture suggests and the bore/chamber look good, then it is well worth $350.

The pistol, I don't know anything about. Not really into antique/unique firearms such as that...

2010 GT - 5spd
Roush Extreme Cat-Back Exhaust
3.89 Gears and SCT tuner coming soon!
Future Mods: LCA's, UCA, CAI, Springs, Wheels & Tires, Cams, Blower...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Well upon seeing the rifle, it is a Savage model 10 with the accutrigger. It looks practically brand new and I was told there were only 9 rounds fired through it. I think I got a good deal on it for $350. They also have a Smith & Wesson 686+ stainless in .357 for sale for $400. I am not interested in another wheel gun at the moment so if anyone is interested in it, let me know and I will pass along the info.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Oh, and the Colt AR-15 in the pic, they sold for $800!

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Factory Issue

Random choice. There's money to be made on that 686 if it's extra clean.

Give me a dollar.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Well I have been looking for a Savage .308 for a while, but that german gun just peaked my interest a little bit. I know nothing about those. As far as the 686, I agree, but I am gonna pass on it. It's in Arlington if anyone is interested.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well I have been looking for a Savage .308 for a while, but that german gun just peaked my interest a little bit. I know nothing about those. As far as the 686, I agree, but I am gonna pass on it. It's in Arlington if anyone is interested.
piqued.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
piqued.
thanks, realized that after I typed it, but posting on my phone so I didn't try to edit it. I have been at the hospital with my mom and have had no sleep in 24 hours. Heading to work now, so my correct grammar may be a little off today!

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 11:15 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

You got a damn good deal on that Savage.

It looks like it has an HS stock on it, that is $350 alone.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
You got a damn good deal on that Savage.

It looks like it has an HS stock on it, that is $350 alone.

Yes, it does. I have been up at the hospital since yesterday except for when I went to pick it up. I was looking at it this morning and saw on the butt of the stock, it was labeled HS Precision. I am not really familiar with those but plan on looking them up.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:
Yes, it does. I have been up at the hospital since yesterday except for when I went to pick it up. I was looking at it this morning and saw on the butt of the stock, it was labeled HS Precision. I am not really familiar with those but plan on looking them up.
Savage is probably the most accurate factory gun. The only downside is the ugly tupperware stocks. That has been fixed on yours, and someone did it right.

http://www.hsprecision.com/shop/pst101.html
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Lifer

PM Sent on the S&W

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Lifer

S&W is gone. I just called and he already sold it. Bummer.

Thanks for the heads up Billyb0b81!

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

No problem! I figured at that price it wouldn't last long.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement