Robert Galarga

cz-52

opinions? might be a fun/cheap plinker

2004 pontiac gtslow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Robert Galarga

I did search btw! I cant afford an fn5.7 but this is another 2k+ fps shooter for less than 300 bucks.. From word of mouth i have heard it is pretty accurate as well

2004 pontiac gtslow

Last edited by Stephen; 10-17-2010 at 06:18 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:59 PM
GAP
Carpe Burrito

I was just looking at these this weekend as well! I think they're typically around 1600fps though.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Robert Galarga

Probably right... The fps was word of mouth too...

2004 pontiac gtslow
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:33 AM
Time Served

They are a chunky design with an ultra fragile firing pin. There is an aftermarket firing pin that is a direct drop in and ammo is as cheap as it gets. The muzzle blast is HUGE and indoor ranges are not going to be that much fun.

Rule#2 Double Tap
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Lifer

They are what they are. Cheap little powerful plinkers. They will penetrate level II armor. They are not that accurate. (mine was not any way).

They fell strange in your hand while shooting.

But as stated earlier, Very cool muzzle flash.

If you get one, make sure you get the original magazines. The aftermarket mags. are 1MM too short (the length of the round).

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Loud shooter too, be sure to wear protection. And NEVER dry fire!!!Always use the decock.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 07:36 PM
GAP
Carpe Burrito

I'm not sure why this round will penetrate soft body armor with off the shelf FMJ and other pistol rounds will not. You can get similar velocity out of a 9mm with an 85gr bullet.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAP View Post
I'm not sure why this round will penetrate soft body armor with off the shelf FMJ and other pistol rounds will not. You can get similar velocity out of a 9mm with an 85gr bullet.

When the cross section of a bullet is reduced and the length increased, the penetration ability of the bullet goes up considerably. That being said I don't believe that the 7.62x25mm Tokarev is much of an armor piercer with the lead core ammo that is available here in the USA. There was a famous hit made in the 60's where the assassin used a pistol chambered in 7.62x25mm Tokarev and he was able to kill the men guarding his target who were wearing the type of body armor that was available in that era. The 7.62x25mm Tokarev defeated the armor without a hitch. I believe that the hit took place in Italy or Spain.

Rule#2 Double Tap
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 08:42 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
If you're not familiar with 7.62x25 then you might be confused. It's a necked cartridge - much like a rifle round. It increases the velocity exponentially. The standard velocities range from 1,200-1,700fps. Depending on the load. I've seen hand loads near 2,000fps - that's rifle velocity. The only comparable standard 9mm round would be some 9mm +P which are just over 1400fps. 7.62x25 has a substantial velocity difference.

I've found the CZ-52's to be a fun gun to shoot. Cheap as hell for a plinker, big bang, and they will take care of just about anything. I've fired a few and found them to be pretty damn accurate. It's all in how worn out the gun is. As far as the feel, the grip has a very mild angle, which 1911 shooters will find foreign. Overall for the price they are a great gun, very dependable too. If you fire a standard 9mm against a tokarev on the same target, a 9mm will dent it, while a tok will punch right through.

Last edited by CJ; 10-20-2010 at 08:52 PM.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Great guns just do be careful with surplus ammo. Some of it was made for the sub machine guns and are even hotter than the standard stuff. Other than that Had a buddy test one with a device that measure the speed of bullets and we got anywhere from 1500 to 2100 out of a couple of boxes of surplus ammo. Great guns wish I never sold mine.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:31 PM
GAP
Carpe Burrito

How might this round fair against a hog or coyote?

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 06:15 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
How might this round fair against a hog or coyote?
I've seen .223 and .308 glance off a hog's skull depending on the angle. So, it's all relative. But I'd say it would do considerably better than most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement