i am pretty sure the answer is no - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
que?

i am pretty sure the answer is no

you cannot carry on the Carswell base in ft worth right? i am taking my cousin there tomorrow morning.

i was just gonna leave it at home but can i have it in the car or is that a no-no as well? i am thinking not but just wanted to ask you guys, i am sure one of you knows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Time Served

dont tell and dont carry on the base
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:04 PM
You never go full retard

On base, you have to register your weapons. You cannot, as on any federal property, conceal or open carry a firearm. People on military bases may own and use guns, but they can't carry them around whenever or wherever they want. Every gun must be registered with the base's provost marshal—the equivalent of their chief of police—and stored in the armory. If they want to use the gun, whether for a military exercise, for leisure time at the on-base shooting range, or for off-base use, they have to check it out from the armory and return it immediately when they're done. Visitors who arrive with guns must leave them with the guards at the gate.

The only people who can carry guns around a base—concealed or otherwise—are on-duty military police, who handle routine security. They then have to return their guns to the armory when their shifts are over. Another exception is for on-duty local or state police officers who come to the base on official business. If they're off-duty or if they don't have official business at the base, they have to leave their guns at the gate. The base's company commander can make other exceptions—say, if a base is under attack or if officers need to carry guns for a special ceremony. But the commander then becomes responsible for anything that happens as a result of his decision.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:07 PM
I Я Invizabul

What MotoMan said .... leave it at home.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
que?

thanks guys
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

I might also add that these rules keep everyone safe, it prevents nutcases from shooting large groups of soldiers which abide by these rules and are unable to defend themselves.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Time Served

Like everyone said no... I work there every day what are you coming to do?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Meeeeooowww

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I might also add that these rules keep everyone safe, it prevents nutcases from shooting large groups of soldiers which abide by these rules and are unable to defend themselves.
gun free zones!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:35 PM
The token Asian guy

I've called Carswell about it. No tolerance. No way. Never.

At least Dyess AFB in Abilene will let you take it straight to their armory and check it in until you're ready to leave the base.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement