SIG P250? Thoughts? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

SIG P250? Thoughts?

I'm looking at buying a P250 either compact or sub-compact. Going to get my CHL next month. Just wanted to know what you guys think about it? Everyone keeps saying make sure I get a .40 or .45. Because a 9mm will only piss someone off.

Will be carrying mine with me at all times. Once I get my CHL. Gonna try and go shoot at the range and hopefully they have some I can try there.

Just curious if anyone had any first hand experience with one? Grip? Trigger? Anything?

Thanks!!

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
I'm looking at buying a P250 either compact or sub-compact. Going to get my CHL next month. Just wanted to know what you guys think about it? Everyone keeps saying make sure I get a .40 or .45. Because a 9mm will only piss someone off.

Will be carrying mine with me at all times. Once I get my CHL. Gonna try and go shoot at the range and hopefully they have some I can try there.

Just curious if anyone had any first hand experience with one? Grip? Trigger? Anything?

Thanks!!
Don't believe that horseshit about 9mm. Is it the best round? Probably not, but it does work. Hell, even a well placed .22 will kill someone.

I carry 9mm every day without reservation.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Lifer

9mm with good modern hollowpoints is going to do a lot more than piss someone off. Carry the gun that you feel comfortable with and that you will be able to carry.

The 9mm has a HUGE advantage for most shooters of relatively light recoil.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

My girl carries a 9mm on duty and off duty. I like the way her 9mm shoots just wasn't sure if I should go with a .40 or .45. But I do like the P250 and they seem well priced.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Lifer

What you need to do is go "finger fuck" a bunch of guns to find one that feels good in your hand. Next you need to figure out the way you will be carrying the pistol and find a holster which accommodates that. Did you know the most lethal round is the .22( because it goes in and bounces around). If you deiced on a 9mm get a good defensive round and you will be fine. And last have you picked you CHL class yet? My company only charges $80 so if your interested pm me.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I shot the P250 .40 Compact model today. And i liked it. Then after i shot a P226 9mm. I was way more accurate with the 9mm but i don't know if it was because i was used to the recoil . And not used to the recoil of the .40. I'm thinking i'd just need a little more practice with it to get more accurate.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Lifer

The SIG 250 is modular and interchangeable... you can buy the 9mm, .40 and .45 barrels and change them with the seasons... you can also change the frame from full size to compact and lastly, you can change the grip size to suit the person that's going to carry it... its a cool idea and SIG makes nice guns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Idiocracy: it's here. We're fucked.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
9mm with good modern hollowpoints is going to do a lot more than piss someone off. Carry the gun that you feel comfortable with and that you will be able to carry.

The 9mm has a HUGE advantage for most shooters of relatively light recoil.
Totally agree! I wouldn't feel under gunned with carrying a 9mm if I had the right load with it. With the light recoil and being familiar with a particular gun I probably wouldn't have any problem double or triple tapping a target without much trouble at a reasonable range.

That being said, I usually like to recommend carrying the biggest caliber gun you can shoot comfortable. .40 S&W/.45 ACP is what I like to carry.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedblkgt View Post
Did you know the most lethal round is the .22( because it goes in and bounces around).

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Lifer

The two guns I mainly carry are a .45acp and a .40, but if I was to carry a 9mm the XDM 3.8 holds 19+1( that's alot of lead to throw down range).
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
That's awesome!

Give me a dollar.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Time Served

The sig P250 Has got a ton of bad reviews. I personally have never shot one.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Time Served

I don't have any experience with them, but if you are in the market for one, TGS has a pretty good deal going right now.

I posted a link to these a while back, but if you didnt see it, here:
Sig P250 Compact 9mm $399

SC300 5spd
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Time Served

My wife and I were looking at the P250 for her. After shooting one and expeniencing multiple ejection and feeding issues along with failure to fires she got a P239 instead. For the same $ as the P250, I got an XD.

Yes, the P250 is modular, but a whole slide is what Sig pushes you to buy which is almost the cost of a whole pistol. According to people who know more than me, for $200 I can buy a 9mm barrel for my XD or my wife's P239 and safely shoot with that change alone. If you buy a .40 cal you can change to .357 sig and 9mm with a simple barrel change. A 9mm stays 9mm.

2000 Camaro SS
09 G8 GXP
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsr20de View Post
I don't have any experience with them, but if you are in the market for one, TGS has a pretty good deal going right now.

I posted a link to these a while back, but if you didnt see it, here:
Sig P250 Compact 9mm $399

I saw that post. I was gonna ask how much it would actually be because it would have to be shipped to a dealer? Because it cannot be shipped to me personally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSS View Post
My wife and I were looking at the P250 for her. After shooting one and expeniencing multiple ejection and feeding issues along with failure to fires she got a P239 instead. For the same $ as the P250, I got an XD.

Yes, the P250 is modular, but a whole slide is what Sig pushes you to buy which is almost the cost of a whole pistol. According to people who know more than me, for $200 I can buy a 9mm barrel for my XD or my wife's P239 and safely shoot with that change alone. If you buy a .40 cal you can change to .357 sig and 9mm with a simple barrel change. A 9mm stays 9mm.
Out of the 100 rounds i fired using the .40 i only got one ejection issue. And on the other hand i've been hearing people say to go for another gun. I've only ever shot Sigs so i was gonna go with what i know. But for $399 in the above post or for $475 in the classified sections, the P250 doesn't seem like a bad gun cost wise?

And it's funny how people i talk to say go for "xxx gun" then i say well do you have one so i can shoot it? And they are like no but if i was gonna get a new gun i'd buy that one. so i'm like wtf.

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Time Served

They charge $18 to ship to an FFL, and it is out of state so you save on sales tax. There are good FFLs in the DFW area that will do transfers for $10-15, so you should be able to get it for around $430 out the door.

See www.gunbroker.com for a FFL finder if you don't have one in mind.

SC300 5spd
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Time Served

One issue in 100 is too much IMO. We have well over 500 rounds (I stopped counting) each through my XD and my wife's P239, and around 300 through her LCP, and none of them had had even the slightest issue. This is even with feeding them cheap rounds to defensive rounds. They have all three eaten everything fed through them.

I hear ya about people saying to try brand X. Some people are uptight about how many round they fire. Its like people that always whine about a car event being too far. I buy a gun to shoot and a car to drive. Then others you'll find like the way it feels or looks and haven't really shot it. If I want to try a pistol I just go to a range, pay the rental fee and shoot whatever pistol you want. His way you can try it before you buy it. You'll also get to see how it performs dirty which to me says a lot about a gun design vs. a freshy cleaned one. The range at the Winchester Gallery off 820 east is where we found had the P250.

Something esle to consider, if you buy it from somewhere else and it does have issues, what do you do? I recently bought a Diamondback DB380. It was plagued with issues, but On Target stands behind what they sell. They dealt with returnig it and left it up to me on if I even wanted to keep it, offering me credit toward another gun and even a full refund. Its hard to beat that kind of service.

2000 Camaro SS
09 G8 GXP

Last edited by MARSS; 09-09-2010 at 07:13 AM.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Banned

The sig P250 just failed the ATF test they performed.

Sigs response-
"The government test placed too much emphasis on reliability."

Source: Government accountability office-
http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
The sig P250 just failed the ATF test they performed.

Sigs response-
"The government test placed too much emphasis on reliability."

Source: Government accountability office-
http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm
Yeah I saw that, I guess that might be why they are going down in price?

Its a shame, it seems that Sig's legendary quality has been starting to slip. Between the P250 and the P238 that they released a few years ago, the more recently released Sigs are not what they used to be. I think they have been going downhill since they stopped making their guns 100% in Germany. I very rarely hear of a W.German marked Sig having any problems with reliability.

SC300 5spd
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsr20de View Post
Yeah I saw that, I guess that might be why they are going down in price?

Its a shame, it seems that Sig's legendary quality has been starting to slip. Between the P250 and the P238 that they released a few years ago, the more recently released Sigs are not what they used to be. I think they have been going downhill since they stopped making their guns 100% in Germany. I very rarely hear of a W.German marked Sig having any problems with reliability.
Virtually everyone I know with a Sig 238 or who has fired one loves them. I purchased one, and although I have not shot it much, there were no other pocket guns that came close to a side by side comparison. (Except for a colt mustang, which is impossible to find)

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Time Served

I think he's referring to the P238 recall and the magazine/feeding issues of the early manufactured pistols.

2000 Camaro SS
09 G8 GXP
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedblkgt View Post
Did you know the most lethal round is the .22( because it goes in and bounces around).
LMAO!
How stupid are you?

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Shot a Glock 19 tonight compact model. And I liked it. Shot better then the Sig 250. Think I'm gonna go with that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement