Allen Gun Show - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Allen Gun Show

This weekend is the Allen Gun Show at the Allen Event Center (Stacy & 75)

Time - Sat 9-5, Sun 10-5
Parking - Free
Admission - I'm guessing $7 or $8

Who's going and what are you looking for?

I'm planning on going for a bit. Looking for Wilson Combat mags (for decent prices), .45 ammo, maybe a couple AR parts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Fabrique National Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
This weekend is the Allen Gun Show at the Allen Event Center (Stacy & 75)

Time - Sat 9-5, Sun 10-5
Parking - Free
Admission - I'm guessing $7 or $8

Who's going and what are you looking for?

I'm planning on going for a bit. Looking for Wilson Combat mags (for decent prices), .45 ammo, maybe a couple AR parts.
I'll be going on Sunday. Want to find some anti-rotation pins and hogue grip for the AR lower I'm building. Also need to find a brass hammer and some punches. Anyone ever see brass hammer/punch sets at shows?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon-K View Post
Anyone ever see brass hammer/punch sets at shows?
Yes. At market hall I usually see quite a few people with smithing tools.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Slingin rock on da corner

I'm going Sunday, gonna try to get there right around opening time. Gonna poke around for a side saddle from Mesa Tactical (thanks again) and maybe some Wilson Combat or maybe even some Chip McCormick mags.

And who knows, if something catches my eye I may just pick up a new gun, but I doubt it.

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.

God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Time Served

I'll be looking at uppers and possibly 1911s. I also want to price Glock 33s.

I'm thinking about taking my LCR to see what I can get in trade. It probably won't be worth it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 AM
dee
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon-K View Post
I'll be going on Sunday. Want to find some anti-rotation pins and hogue grip for the AR lower I'm building. Also need to find a brass hammer and some punches. Anyone ever see brass hammer/punch sets at shows?
Sometimes Harbor frieght has brass hammer and punch sets.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Time Served

That show was pretty bad. The venue just isn't right for a gun show in my opinion. There just weren't enough tables.

Quote:
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Time Served

I just got back from there and it wasn't bad but it wasn't all that great. Went looking for some pocket holsters for several revolvers that I like to carry and found nothing. Parking is free, $10 gets you in and kids under 12 are free. The area is really nice and there was an Indian wedding going on at the hotel next door so I got to eyeball a bunch of dark skinned cuties on the way out.

My step son (9 years old) loves going to gun shows ever since I have allowed him to pick out a new knife for himself every time we go. Nothing and I mean nothing will build enthusiasm in a child like a little bribery.

Rule#2 Double Tap
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Lifer

I worked the bbq stand for a while, ended up picking up a S&W sw40ve, got a decent deal on it too for being brand new.

Wanna see my care face?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeski View Post
I worked the bbq stand for a while, ended up picking up a S&W sw40ve, got a decent deal on it too for being brand new.
I hope you didn't pay over $300 for it...That's about all I would pay for one.

I went this afternoon in the heat of the day and walked around a bit. I didn't really see any outstanding deals. I talked to Robbie at Lone Star Wholesale for a few minutes and ended up buying a Wilson Combat 47D magazine from him as he was the only one I could find that was carrying them at the show. I should have bought 3 for $80, which would have made them $30 a piece after adding in that outrageous $10 admission price. I'm probably better off with purchasing one for now as I don't want a plethora of magazines and have them not fit my Kimber as I would expect once I add a magwell.

I was hoping to see more holster vendors, but I guess the real quality comes with a wait.

This show was better than the Frisco show by a long shot, but was in need of even more room.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Lifer

Well the city of Allen runs that place now, Global Entertainment just lost their contract with the Event Center...I know a few of the city council members as well as the mayor, how could it be better? Do you think the setup was ass backwards? Can't really make more room, that place only holds around 7 or 8 thousand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
I hope you didn't pay over $300 for it...That's about all I would pay for one.

I went this afternoon in the heat of the day and walked around a bit. I didn't really see any outstanding deals. I talked to Robbie at Lone Star Wholesale for a few minutes and ended up buying a Wilson Combat 47D magazine from him as he was the only one I could find that was carrying them at the show. I should have bought 3 for $80, which would have made them $30 a piece after adding in that outrageous $10 admission price. I'm probably better off with purchasing one for now as I don't want a plethora of magazines and have them not fit my Kimber as I would expect once I add a magwell.

I was hoping to see more holster vendors, but I guess the real quality comes with a wait.

This show was better than the Frisco show by a long shot, but was in need of even more room.

Wanna see my care face?
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Well the city of Allen runs that place now, Global Entertainment just lost their contract with the Event Center...I know a few of the city council members as well as the mayor, how could it be better? Do you think the setup was ass backwards? Can't really make more room, that place only holds around 7 or 8 thousand.
The event center in Allen is and was just a bad venue for a gun show. There really wasn't enough room to put on a great show. The show appeared poorly organized but I think that's a result of not enough room.

Quote:
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Time Served

I picked up a complete SOG lower, 2 p-mags, Milspec buffer tube, spring, heavy buffer, magpul moe stock, magpul hand guard, and a houge grip for my AR. Plus 100 rnds of .223 all for $325!

"And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Old school 4-eye'd

I drove up from Mansfield in search of a keltec 380 for the wife in Blue. Did not find.

Did the price of those shoot up or something? The last show I was at I saw them for ~$200, today the cheapest was $225, and it was a grey, I was looking for a blue.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Lifer

Kel-tecs in my opinion are the biggest pieces of shit I have ever shot, why would you buy such a gun for your wife, suck it up and get a glock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I drove up from Mansfield in search of a keltec 380 for the wife in Blue. Did not find.

Did the price of those shoot up or something? The last show I was at I saw them for ~$200, today the cheapest was $225, and it was a grey, I was looking for a blue.

Wanna see my care face?
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Old school 4-eye'd

Quote:
my opinion are the biggest pieces of shit I have !
noted.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Slingin rock on da corner

My boss and I went yesterday. I picked up a Streamlight TLR-1s taclight for my XD on nightstand duty. 160 lumens!! That fucker is bright. And the strobe function is pretty cool too.

I also happened across a pair of 13 round .45ACP XD mags for $20 bucks apiece. Best price I've seen, so I picked them up.

As for the show, I agree with everyone else, not enough room. Not a bad show, but I was expecting more. And $10 bucks to get in?! 5-8 is usually what's expected.

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.

God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement