Just Got My CHL - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Just Got My CHL

I just received it in the mail last week. My only pistol I own is a XD Compact .45. I placed a order with Crossbreed for one of there Supertuck Deluxe Holsters & one of there Gun Belts. Should be here within a few weeks.

I have been thinking of getting some type of 38 special revolver because they seem to be easier to conceal. The 2 that have caught my eye are the S&W 642 & Ruger LCR. What do you guys think about these wheel guns? Any other you would recommend?

1990 Mustang GT
306, typhoon intake, E303, stock heads, 1.6 FMS R.R., 70 T.B., 80mm PMAS, 42lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, adj. billet regulator, MSD dist., coil & 6A box, BBK shorties, o/r x-pipe, Spintech Pro Streets dumped, T-5, Center Force Dual Friction, 3.55's, S-Trim... 396hp/398trq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 05:45 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Revolvers are good for pistol whipping folks
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Resident Pinstriper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike69 View Post
I just received it in the mail last week. My only pistol I own is a XD Compact .45. I placed a order with Crossbreed for one of there Supertuck Deluxe Holsters & one of there Gun Belts. Should be here within a few weeks.

I have been thinking of getting some type of 38 special revolver because they seem to be easier to conceal. The 2 that have caught my eye are the S&W 642 & Ruger LCR. What do you guys think about these wheel guns? Any other you would recommend?
I'd kinda like to have a hammer-less revolver to carry.

You don't have to worry about it jamming, FTE, etc. If it doesn't fire, just pull the trigger again ! Downside is they obviously don't carry as many rounds.

-Aaron

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

5 rounds should be enough, I hope.

1990 Mustang GT
306, typhoon intake, E303, stock heads, 1.6 FMS R.R., 70 T.B., 80mm PMAS, 42lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, adj. billet regulator, MSD dist., coil & 6A box, BBK shorties, o/r x-pipe, Spintech Pro Streets dumped, T-5, Center Force Dual Friction, 3.55's, S-Trim... 396hp/398trq
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I've had/shot both and prefer my Ruger LCR between the two. It is ultra light weight, extremely slim, and shoots great. I NEVER leave home without it. That said, if in jeans/slacks, I carry a semi-auto on me as well

'93 Hatch

www.billet-works.com
Innovating CNC Machined Products
www.billetworkstactical.com
Developing AR Parts and Hookin Up Friends with Guns and Accessories
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

I like my S&W 642 as long as I'm not trying to be Superman at the range by putting a lot of rounds through it. I'm sure the LCR is about the same in that respect.

The hamerless frame is great for pocket carry. Nothing to snag on if you have to pull it out of your pocket.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Hows the recoil?

1990 Mustang GT
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike69 View Post
Hows the recoil?
Of the 642? It's not bad if you don't put more than 50 round through it on a range trip. I would definately shoot something else in between if possible. The first time I shot it, I put 100 rounds down range. My hand was hurting like a mother fucker within about an hour of leaving the range. I was only shooting 130 gr fmj, not even +p.

Don't get me wrong, I love the gun, but will not put a lot of rounds down the pipe anymore.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Time Served

I have both of those and I'm not sure which one I prefer. The LCR is very light with a very nice trigger. It's a bit bulky though. I find myself carrying the S&W when my wife doesn't. My 442 conceals very well and the recoil is very manageable. The trigger isn't bad at all.

The only time my hand hurt was my first outing with the LCR. I've since modified my grip when shooting the snubbies and it hasn't been all that bad. I haven't tried any +p ammo yet. I'm sure that once I do I'll be singing a different tune.

I'm new to wheel guns but I got great deals on these. We picked up the 442 brand new for $329 at The Bullet Trap and we got the LCR for $369 at one of the shows.

I've been wanting to go shoot lately. You're welcome to check them out if we can agree on a time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thanks for the offer but I live in Corpus Christi. I went over to a gun shop yesterday just to look at them & the LCR did look & feel a little bulky. As I was walking out I noticed that they had that new S&W .38 BodyGuard but didn't get a chance to really look at it. Anyone have any thoughts on these new pistols?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...7_757751_image

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD424 View Post
I have both of those and I'm not sure which one I prefer. The LCR is very light with a very nice trigger. It's a bit bulky though. I find myself carrying the S&W when my wife doesn't. My 442 conceals very well and the recoil is very manageable. The trigger isn't bad at all.

The only time my hand hurt was my first outing with the LCR. I've since modified my grip when shooting the snubbies and it hasn't been all that bad. I haven't tried any +p ammo yet. I'm sure that once I do I'll be singing a different tune.

I'm new to wheel guns but I got great deals on these. We picked up the 442 brand new for $329 at The Bullet Trap and we got the LCR for $369 at one of the shows.

I've been wanting to go shoot lately. You're welcome to check them out if we can agree on a time frame.

1990 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement