Ar 556 uppers 11.5-16" - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 723
Ar 556 uppers 11.5-16"

Anyone have any for sale with bolt carrier and charging handles?



2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
ScottsMach03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Lifer
 
slow06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03 View Post
Anyone have any for sale with bolt carrier and charging handles?
I don't have one but check out Del-Ton/DTI, they are great for a budget build.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
slow06 is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
03trubluGT is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
I don't have one but check out Del-Ton/DTI, they are great for a budget build.
Ive put together 6 dti kits. Im looking for something cheaper maybe even used. Im trying to do a build for a friend for around 500.00. I have the lower already, got it for under 200.00 complete. My budget is 300 for a upper. I know its going to be tuff but I also know they're out there.



2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
ScottsMach03 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03 View Post
Ive put together 6 dti kits. Im looking for something cheaper maybe even used. Im trying to do a build for a friend for around 500.00. I have the lower already, got it for under 200.00 complete. My budget is 300 for a upper. I know its going to be tuff but I also know they're out there.
$300 for a new upper is almost impossible unless you go with cheap crap.
03trubluGT is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Fear the lawn gnome
 
sleeperLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: if you want it blown up let me have it.
Posts: 4,535
I wished i lived in a state that i could have a sbr

Iowa blows.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.
sleeperLS is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
$300 for a new upper is almost impossible unless you go with cheap crap.
Well, i might have to go with a used upper. Im not going to settle for crap. I can buy dti's uppers complete with bolt carrier and ch for 395.00 all day long. An they're wilson combat barrels.



2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
ScottsMach03 is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03 View Post
Well, i might have to go with a used upper. Im not going to settle for crap. I can buy dti's uppers complete with bolt carrier and ch for 395.00 all day long. An they're wilson combat barrels.
You can get good quality AR uppers for about $450 shipped on www.ar15.com just look for the username legal transfers.
03trubluGT is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
You can get good quality AR uppers for about $450 shipped on www.ar15.com just look for the username legal transfers.
I have used that guy before. Good guy.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 12:33 PM
<Insert Title Here>
 
IHaveAMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
I am SERIOUSLY tempted to buy this once we have the lower build party in August. $200 tax stamp tis a bit high...but man that would be awesome.




IHaveAMustang is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
I am SERIOUSLY tempted to buy this once we have the lower build party in August. $200 tax stamp tis a bit high...but man that would be awesome.
It could be worse. The tax has been that for 76 years, at least the government hasnt taken in inflation.
David is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 01:46 PM
<Insert Title Here>
 
IHaveAMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It could be worse. The tax has been that for 76 years, at least the government hasnt taken in inflation.
yeah, I guess I should act before they get wise...




IHaveAMustang is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 553
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...search=10.5%22

anyone sell these here local? thats a nice look, would love to shorten my ar down a bit.


EDIT guess i cant get this unless i pay a tax on it.

who dat!!

Last edited by thedriver33; 07-20-2010 at 02:31 PM.
thedriver33 is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 94
look at these uppers for a cheap one

http://www.jsesurplus.com/custom16hb...tandard-2.aspx
93hatch is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Fabrique National Fan
 
Brandon-K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denton, Tx
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93hatch View Post
look at these uppers for a cheap one

http://www.jsesurplus.com/custom16hb...tandard-2.aspx
Have you used one of these uppers before? How's the quality?
Brandon-K is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
If I was interested in getting one, how do I go about paying the tax?

.مايك كيرشنر ، المسافر من العالم


08 Ford F250 FX4
07 Yamaha 700R

07 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
08 Harley Night Rod Special
Mike K25 is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 94
i have just finished a build with one and it shoots great. Has a cheap lower on it too and its great and fairly accurate. Need a longer range to test it farther.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon-K View Post
Have you used one of these uppers before? How's the quality?
93hatch is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Fabrique National Fan
 
Brandon-K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denton, Tx
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93hatch View Post
i have just finished a build with one and it shoots great. Has a cheap lower on it too and its great and fairly accurate. Need a longer range to test it farther.
Well shit. That's a good price. I may take a chance and pick one of these up. My woman is already giving me hell about all the cash I'm spending on parts.
Brandon-K is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 94
they seem to be good
93hatch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome