Gun deal gone bad in Tyler, TX - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Gun deal gone bad in Tyler, TX

I've never thought something like that would happen in a firearms transaction. Hell i've met people at 1-2am before with no problems. I always figure someone would have to be an idiot to try something like that because they should know i'm carrying something else.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12764458

Quote:
TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Smith County deputies were working a report of numerous shots fired outside Outlaws Tuesday night.

"There was a meeting to exchange a gun that was for sale that went bad. Shots were fired. They have one person on scene that they are talking to. The other person fled the scene. No injuries," said Lt. Larry Wigginton of the Smith County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's Department vehicles were seen driving up Highway 110, shining spotlights into the trees.

Investigators outside Outlaws were taking photos of what appeared to be tire tracks near the nightclub sign.

From what I read on the other board where the victim was a member, he was maced and they took the gun and ran. The victim was able to unholster and fire shots at them, but only 1 round hit anything and it was the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:18 PM
mannish boy

good lord, how stupid can you be?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Time Served

It's a good thing that he didn't hit an innocent bystander. What an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Time Served

Damn, outlaws is a gay club too. Why would anyone meet at a club for a firearm deal?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD424 View Post
It's a good thing that he didn't hit an innocent bystander. What an idiot.
While it's good he didn't hit an innocent bystander, i'd probably fire off rounds too / as long as I could see. Not sure how long mace fucks with your vision...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Resident Pinstriper

There was actually a gun listed on here a while back for a pretty good price for sale that my dad wanted bad. I posted in the guy's thread and said I'll buy it. He text messages me and his responses were sketchy and he said he was in Oak Cliff, or Pleasant Grove, or somewhere like that and I wasn't comfortable with the deal so I backed out.

This was also when I had my cast on my right wrist and couldn't really shoot my carry gun, so I didn't want to take my gun with me.

Ya just never know what the hell is going to happen.

-Aaron

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 PM
PAN

Never get caught slippin'!

Which he just was. I have never done a deal without a second person in attendance if I didn't trust the person I was meeting. You just don't do that...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Never get caught slippin'!

Which he just was. I have never done a deal without a second person in attendance if I didn't trust the person I was meeting. You just don't do that...
Same here but that hadn't happened to me many times anyway. I think it's stupid to meet someone that time of the night. If you are going to do something stupid like that than bring someone to back you up and I'd probably let them know that to. Nothing like throwing a kink into some thieving pricks plan to rip you off by saying you got a buddy of yours armed in the car waiting on you. Doesn't hurt if he's a sheriffs deputy in uniform to

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Banned

i buddy of mine was robbed in Oak Cliff selling a gun 6-8 months ago. he had his gun in the trunk of his car. when he turned around from pulling it out the thief had a gun in his face and literally told him "this one is going to be free." the guy told him not to turn around and get back in the car and drive.

when he told me about it I was in disbelief. all you have to do is take someone with you... especially in Oak Cliff!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 02:13 PM
<Insert Title Here>

Link to original thread on other forum?

Oh and yes, my cousin is about to buy his first firearm. I said "I will gladly sit about 50 feet away in my car and have you on the cell phone via our bluetooth headsets, if you say a certain word under distress (i.e. Orange or Everest) you can then inform your would-be robber he has a AR-15 pointed at his head."

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Packin' up...

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Time Served

A club is not the best place to meet up someone for a firearms exchange

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

You have to absolutely be with another armed person during any firearm transaction, it's just common sense. One of my friends was selling an uzi and ended up on the wrong end of a 1911 and was robbed. Make sure you always have a friend that's packing when you do a FTF with a stranger. Just asked Mr. Fiux - he got robbed trading a box of .45 ACP.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Time Served

Shit, the dumbass didn't even pick a good gun to steal.... who the hell wants a Taurus 24/7?

Seriously though, that really sucks for the guy involved. I have met a few people FTF and never had to deal with anything but great people.

The time I met up with a guy at Walmart in Waco at about midnight on a Saturday night to buy my LMT. He pulled up and I noticed he had his wife and two young kids with him(young enough to both be in car seats).

Granted, he turned out to be a great guy and the transaction went smoothly, but I couldn't help but think that it seemed like a bad idea to bring young kids along to that type of transaction, for reasons like this situation.

Another time I went along with a friend when he sold an AR to someone on TGT. We met at Walmart in the middle of the day, and the guy was checking out the rifle, working the action, etc. All of a sudden some older dude pulls up in a Tahoe and starts asking what we are doing, "That thing better not be loaded!"

When I told him that it was a FTF gun sale, and totally legal in Texas, he continued to look at us as if we were criminals, and sat there for about 10 minutes just staring.

He was either LEO, or a CHL guy lookin' to get involved and be a hero.

SC300 5spd
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Gunga galunga

It doesn't matter what I'm buying/selling I always meet at a busy store or racetrack/quicktrip... Plenty of people around

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Bullet Sponge

I've always met in Mesquite at the Sears in the Town East Mall parking lot.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 08:48 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsr20de View Post
He was either LEO, or a CHL guy lookin' to get involved and be a hero.
Or just your run of the mill gun hating dumbass busy body with no life...
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

I have sold quite a few guns off forums and never had an issue. I also only deal with folks with decent number of posts, and join dates...
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Resident Pinstriper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
I have sold quite a few guns off forums and never had an issue. I also only deal with folks with decent number of posts, and join dates...
Yeah, the guy that had the gun for sale that I talked about above didn't have any posts in the forums, and any posts made in the classifieds don't go toward your post count. That was another reason I was just a bit leery dealing with the guy.

Who knows, the guy could have been legit though.

-Aaron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement