ak-47 scope mounting questions - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
ak-47 scope mounting questions

Have a norinco mak90 and bought a scope mount kit and a bushnell scope for it. the kit i bought was the last one they had and it had been opened and instructions removed. it looks like i have to remove 2 pins and use the bolts that came with the kit. it looks like i should be able to press the pins out but i dont want to mess anything up or do it wrong. anyone done one of these before?

this is the kit i bought btw (39.99 at cabelas)



http://www.hyattgunstore.com/product...roductid=17261

Pro88LX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Meeeeooowww
 
ALLAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: the MCO airport
Posts: 20,309



ALLAN is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN View Post


its just a damn scope LOL

Pro88LX is offline  
 
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Can you upload some photos of of the gun? With this camera plz-











DOHCTR is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
lmao @ the camera

Pro88LX is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
I never understand why people bother putting scopes on AKs. They arent accurate for shit anyhow a scope aint gonna help it.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 PM
GROWED UP WRONG
 
Chopped54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Box Babies Come In
Posts: 7,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
I never understand why people bother putting scopes on AKs. They arent accurate for shit anyhow a scope aint gonna help it.
I concur...
That said the pins should just be pressed in. I believe you should be able to tap them out with a punch.
Chopped54 is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 PM
GAP
Carpe Burrito
 
GAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
I never understand why people bother putting scopes on AKs. They arent accurate for shit anyhow a scope aint gonna help it.
Mine doesn't have any trouble hitting a man size target with iron sights @ 100yards. With some magnification i'm sure it could do the same at 200 yards or more.

GAP is offline  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: McKinney TX
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
I never understand why people bother putting scopes on AKs. They arent accurate for shit anyhow a scope aint gonna help it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAP View Post
Mine doesn't have any trouble hitting a man size target with iron sights @ 100yards. With some magnification i'm sure it could do the same at 200 yards or more.
I am a better shot with my AK-47 than my AR-15 all the way to 200 yards

Bad03Cobra is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
I never understand why people bother putting scopes on AKs. They arent accurate for shit anyhow a scope aint gonna help it.
thats not true

Pro88LX is offline  
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX View Post
thats not true
Agree.

I have shot some damn accurate AKs, but I have shot some pretty shitty ones too. In my experience, WASRs are inaccurate when compared to an ARSENAL, a yugo, or a saiga gun.

I hear the MAK90s are pretty accurate though.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
Agree.

I have shot some damn accurate AKs, but I have shot some pretty shitty ones too. In my experience, WASRs are inaccurate when compared to an ARSENAL, a yugo, or a saiga gun.

I hear the MAK90s are pretty accurate though.

Excactly. i had a Wasr-10 and it was a piece of shit past 50 yds, and even at 50 yds the group was only slightly smaller than a dinner plate. This Mak90 i have is a HELL of a lot nicer and accurate.

Pro88LX is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 12:45 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
My MAK is pretty decent. Much better than the other AK variants that I have had in the past...
Fox466 is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Maybe thats why, I have a WASR and that thing is so inconsistent at start. Once Ive chopped off about 2-3 mags it gets a little better.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Some of the milled receiver guns are supposed to shoot pretty well. I'd lay even money they all have a ton of free bore, though.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX View Post
thats not true
Let him and the other tards on here that think that continue on with their ignorance.
Hass is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Let him and the other tards on here that think that continue on with their ignorance.
Go fuck yourself fag. You dont know jack shit.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 PM
I might, im drunk.......
 
Skidonenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: .
Posts: 4,116
Skidonenko is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: McKinney TX
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
Agree.

I have shot some damn accurate AKs, but I have shot some pretty shitty ones too. In my experience, WASRs are inaccurate when compared to an ARSENAL, a yugo, or a saiga gun.

I hear the MAK90s are pretty accurate though.
MAK90 is what I have, been a pretty good gun

Bad03Cobra is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Go fuck yourself fag. You dont know jack shit.
youre the one in here spouting off that ALL ak's are not accurate. So obviously it is you who doesn't know jack shit.

Pro88LX is offline  
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX View Post
youre the one in here spouting off that ALL ak's are not accurate. So obviously it is you who doesn't know jack shit.
hey smart guy, line one up with an ar and tell me how accurate it is.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
hey smart guy, line one up with an ar and tell me how accurate it is.
I bet a scoped saiga in 223 would go head to head with your ar.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
I bet a scoped saiga in 223 would go head to head with your ar.
umm i own a WASR 10 and I am talking about an ak47 not an ak74

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
umm i own a WASR 10 and I am talking about an ak47 not an ak74
AK74s do not shoot 223, nor are WASR 10s quality AKs.


Seriously, I bet a quality ak (an Arsenal or such) with good ammo (not shit wolf, but brass cased nice 7.62x39) would shoot just as accurate as your AR, provided both were affixed with the same optic.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
AK74s do not shoot 223, nor are WASR 10s quality AKs.


Seriously, I bet a quality ak (an Arsenal or such) with good ammo (not shit wolf, but brass cased nice 7.62x39) would shoot just as accurate as your AR, provided both were affixed with the same optic.
ive never shot brass out of my wasr

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
ive never shot brass out of my wasr
Then it might not be a good idea to come into a thread and talk about how terribly inaccurate AKs are.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
Then it might not be a good idea to come into a thread and talk about how terribly inaccurate AKs are.
whatever you say junior. Id like to see where you think an AK can have such accuracy at 100 to 200 yds.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
whatever you say junior. Id like to see where you think an AK can have such accuracy at 100 to 200 yds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN-T_zeTdTM


Good series on ak vs ar15. Normally, I think Nutnfancy is a total doucher, but this is some good stuff.

Cmon man, saying that the entire AK platform as a whole is inaccurate is just ignorant. Your basis for comparison to your AR is an uber mass produced amalgamation of cheap Romanian parts with a shitty US made barrel and a glass receiver.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN-T_zeTdTM


Good series on ak vs ar15. Normally, I think Nutnfancy is a total doucher, but this is some good stuff.

Cmon man, saying that the entire AK platform as a whole is inaccurate is just ignorant. Your basis for comparison to your AR is an uber mass produced amalgamation of cheap Romanian parts with a shitty US made barrel and a glass receiver.
and as my first argument said i dont understand why people, people being the majority, which usually have the cheaper variants of the ak get scopes. it was a general statement. or question however you want to take it. This dipshit Hass just always likes to stir shit with me on whatever i post.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
whatever you say junior. Id like to see where you think an AK can have such accuracy at 100 to 200 yds.
Unfortunately some of us have real world experience that would suggest you don't know what you're talking about. Take that for what it's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
CAD424 is offline  
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD424 View Post
Unfortunately some of us have real world experience that would suggest you don't know what you're talking about. Take that for what it's worth.
plz then feel free to enlighten me on your accolades.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
and as my first argument said i dont understand why people, people being the majority, which usually have the cheaper variants of the ak get scopes. it was a general statement. or question however you want to take it. This dipshit Hass just always likes to stir shit with me on whatever i post.
Maybe you just take the easy way out and follow those who speak wive's-tales about guns?

AK's are known to shoot well out beyond 100 yards. If I want to gun up and go shoot tight groups beyond 300 yards, then I'll pass on the AK and the .223 to use something that is designed for that like my remington 700.
Hass is offline  
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
I should've know this would degenerate into am AR vs. AK thread. Everyone so far has been either right, wrong, or both. Happy? Pro88LX wants some help getting a scope mount on his MAK-90. Anyone interested in helping him?

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
hey smart guy, line one up with an ar and tell me how accurate it is.
have owned both simultaneously, bushmaster AR vs norinco mak90. both through open sights shot EXACTLY the same size grouping. i cant imagine that with a scope that either would be leaps and bounds more accurate than the other. id be willing to meet you at a range locally and test your theory. loser buys lunch and beers!

Pro88LX is offline  
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX View Post
have owned both simultaneously, bushmaster AR vs norinco mak90. both through open sights shot EXACTLY the same size grouping. i cant imagine that with a scope that either would be leaps and bounds more accurate than the other. id be willing to meet you at a range locally and test your theory. loser buys lunch and beers!
That doesn't necessarily equate to accuracy. You can put Piece of shit sights on an accurate gun and shoot poorly, or great sights on a piece of shit gun and shoot relatively well.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
BANNED
 
Pro88LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frisco
Posts: 8,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
That doesn't necessarily equate to accuracy. You can put Piece of shit sights on an accurate gun and shoot poorly, or great sights on a piece of shit gun and shoot relatively well.
well i can say with a fair degree of certainty that both sets of open sights were equally shitty lol. get your big ass over to my house and install this scope mount for me!

Pro88LX is offline  
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
That doesn't necessarily equate to accuracy. You can put Piece of shit sights on an accurate gun and shoot poorly, or great sights on a piece of shit gun and shoot relatively well.
Well, no shit.
Hass is offline  
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Well, no shit.
With all this "subjective" talk of accuracy, I just thought I would point out the obvious.

I have little to no doubt in my mind that the AR on a bench with some optics is more accurate than an AK on a bench with the same optics.

AKs are not a precision gun.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
I have little to no doubt in my mind that the AR on a bench with some optics is more accurate than an AK on a bench with the same optics.

AKs are not a precision gun.
Because all AK's and AR's are the same right?

The ignorance is thick in here these days.
Hass is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome