DFW Mustang Forums banner

Texas CHL Information

12K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  epicVIN 
#1 ·
Per request, let's compile all local training classes, information, and what to expect for prospective CHL carriers.

#3 ·
How about other CHL options ie non-resident permits such as Flordia etc.? For example, you can get a Florida permit for $117 as long as you provide adequate proof of training. This can be a DD214 or other NRA firearm training, hunters education etc.

#6 ·
damn good idea. especially since ill be in the market soon.
THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY!!!!

#8 · (Edited)
Sean & I took ours at Red River Firearms in Sherman (2926 Texoma Parkway
Sherman, TX 75090-1906 (903) 893-8449).

It's a drive for any dfw people but they are all inclusive (everything done on sight, classroom, shooting, photo ID..) and it's done in one day. They have very good instructors and have one of the nicest indoor ranges I've shot at.

Do's
Take notes.
Ask questions.
Qualify with a semi auto.
Practice shooting before taking the test.
Get your state paperwork out of the way before taking the class.

Dont's
Don't go unprepared. Bring proper ID, note pads, and gun/ammo (you can also rent these).
Don't get distracted and lose focus. Pay attention to what the instructors are telling/teaching you.
Don't try and throw your mac down to the lady mayor sitting next to you. ;)

David

#15 ·
I took mine at the Roanoke recreation center, 8 hours on a Saturday which included some time at the range....the guy was cool and I found the entire class to be interesting and very informative. It's nothing like defensive driving or any BS like that....and if you go in there with a know-it-all attitude he WILL put you in your place....we had a Koresh in our class which according to the instructor there is typically at least 1 in every class.

http://www.crossfire-training.com/content/index.php/classes/34-licenses/47-texas-chl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.