old taurus relvolver 38 special. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Fear the lawn gnome

old taurus relvolver 38 special.

I remember this gun as a kid after my grandmother purchased it new. I also remember the only 5 shots it has ever been fired. My mother is now the owner since she has nothing, my grandmother gave it to her.

Unfortunately i cant tell her where to get me a model # since she is not gun savvy by any means. The info she gave me it seems its a early to mid 80's model 85 stainless steal 5 shot compact 38 special revolver.

I'm having her contact a officer that is a friend to show her how to use it and take care of it. He offered to clean it and take her out to the range.

Does anyone here know of any issues with these series of revolvers?

I'd also like to know of any regular load ammunition i can tell her to buy over the counter that will work well with the short barrel. I dont want her shooting +p out of the thing as i doubt its rated for it.

I'm also afraid that she wont like it due to the kick. If that is the case i told her i would give her highmarket value for the weapon so she can buy what she can use. I dont want her to get rid of a good gun thats had 5-10 rounds shot out of it and get taken by the gun shop and only offer her a 100 bucks. Fair market value is anywhere from 150-300 depending on condition ive seen so far. I'd also like a wheel gun so it could end up being a win/win.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Standard-pressure .38 Special won't have much recoil. It's just a low-pressure 9mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement