Quail Creek - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
blank

Quail Creek

Went there today to the first time in a long time. The RO's weren't nazi pricks and they are making some improvements. Adding more pistol stations and redoing the rifle range ect. Kind sucked because i went to sight my new scope and the rifle range doesn't have a 25 yard stations right now. So i had to go to the pistol range which is always full. Just thought i let yall know, they pissed me off along time ago but seem to be improving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
Went there today to the first time in a long time. The RO's weren't nazi pricks and they are making some improvements. Adding more pistol stations and redoing the rifle range ect. Kind sucked because i went to sight my new scope and the rifle range doesn't have a 25 yard stations right now. So i had to go to the pistol range which is always full. Just thought i let yall know, they pissed me off along time ago but seem to be improving.
Do you think it's worth the drive from Midlothian on a week day?

When I used to come up this way to visit when I was younger I would go shoot at Alpine. It was nice back then. I'm pretty sure the RO's were Gestapo in their former lives. I don't even mess with that place now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Lifer

They are making some big improvements although I didn't enjoy shooting 50yd because I was told I couldn't shoot 100 with iron sights. Everything else is a plus though.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatassLX View Post
They are making some big improvements although I didn't enjoy shooting 50yd because I was told I couldn't shoot 100 with iron sights. Everything else is a plus though.
You can now... I asked them a while back why they changed that rule. Their backstop wasn't high enough and people were shooting over backstop. They now raised it and will let you shoot irons at 100.

2006 Mustang GT
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
You can now... I asked them a while back why they changed that rule. Their backstop wasn't high enough and people were shooting over backstop. They now raised it and will let you shoot irons at 100.
Yeah there was a guy shooting a M1 Garand on the 100 yard while i was there.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Every day is.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
This must be real recent!?

I was out there only 3 weeks ago and they pulled a guy and his g/f off of the rifle range for shooting an AR variant with iron sights.

I do like the place though. The RO's are pretty damned cool, stern but cool. I'd much rather them be firm than have to dodge bullets from a rookie.

I'll probably be going out there this weekend and check the updates.

David
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajet69 View Post

I was out there only 3 weeks ago and they pulled a guy and his g/f off of the rifle range for shooting an AR variant with iron sights.

I do like the place though. The RO's are pretty damned cool, stern but cool. I'd much rather them be firm than have to dodge bullets from a rookie.

David
yeah, i was out about a month ago and it was like that. oh well, gives me an excuse to scope the k31 finally.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajet69 View Post

David
Like a week ago they had some earth moving equipment out there and raised the backstop. You can now shoot irons at 100 yards. I did it this past weekend with a old mauser rifle I have.

2006 Mustang GT
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Time Served

I was there this weekend. marshalls seemed cool. No problems whatsoever while we were there.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Time Served

I'm gonna go check it out early on Friday.

Quote:
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 07:32 AM
<Insert Title Here>

Still will never go back. They pissed me off and I will forever tell people to stay away from that place.

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Fabrique National Fan

I was out there with the girl on Mother's Day. I really like the staff and it's a good atmosphere to shoot in. Plus it's the closest outdoor range that I can find to Denton. I haven't been to many ranges but is $12.50/PP about par?
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon-K View Post
I was out there with the girl on Mother's Day. I really like the staff and it's a good atmosphere to shoot in. Plus it's the closest outdoor range that I can find to Denton. I haven't been to many ranges but is $12.50/PP about par?
That's a decent range fee in my opinion.

Quote:
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
Still will never go back. They pissed me off and I will forever tell people to stay away from that place.
I was there a few months ago and will never return, the RO's there are complete assholes, not to mention as we are walking back from putting up more targets on the rifle range, they put the handgun hot. Wtf....stupidity. I went to the Haltom City range and got a membership there for $75 a year and then I can shoot whenever I want and it doesnt cost me a thing. There range also extends to 200yds and there RO's are more than helpful and will let you shoot whatever, however you want....not to mention one of them is now building custom rounds for my .308, and my .45...cannot complain about that.

06 Evo MR *toy*
89 LX 5.0 *toy*
2010 Kia Soul *wifes car*
00 GS400 *daily driver/toy...*
03 BMW 745iL *daily driver/toy*
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Every day is.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecampin View Post
I was there a few months ago and will never return, the RO's there are complete assholes, not to mention as we are walking back from putting up more targets on the rifle range, they put the handgun hot. Wtf....stupidity. I went to the Haltom City range and got a membership there for $75 a year and then I can shoot whenever I want and it doesnt cost me a thing. There range also extends to 200yds and there RO's are more than helpful and will let you shoot whatever, however you want....not to mention one of them is now building custom rounds for my .308, and my .45...cannot complain about that.
HC range is full of good people, but I wasn't aware of the 200 yard section. I've been wanting to sign up since I purchased my Kimber from one of their member's shop. What was the total to get in to this range? If I remember correctly, they told me it would be approx. $275.00 for sign-up, then the $75 per year afterward.

As for QC, I can't believe they would go hot on the pistol range when there were people still on the rifle range! Bad mistake for sure. I've just never experienced anything bad from the RO's out there. In fact, they've always been more on the cautious side every time I've been there.

David
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Time Served

I've seen the RO's at QC go live on the pistol range when there are people walking back from putting up new targets and are about 10-20yds away from the firing line...

2010 GT - 5spd
Roush Extreme Cat-Back Exhaust
3.89 Gears and SCT tuner coming soon!
Future Mods: LCA's, UCA, CAI, Springs, Wheels & Tires, Cams, Blower...
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010BlackGT View Post
I've seen the RO's at QC go live on the pistol range when there are people walking back from putting up new targets and are about 10-20yds away from the firing line...
That's all I have to hear. I was planning on going tomorrow but I think I'll pass.

Quote:
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010BlackGT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD424 View Post
That's all I have to hear. I was planning on going tomorrow but I think I'll pass.

What he is not telling you is they went live on the pistol range and the people was walking back from the rifle range, and there is a dirt embankment between the two.

I thought it was kind of strange the first time too. But after looking it over. No big deal. The people on the pistol range could not hit you unless they find a JFK magic bullet.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz007 View Post
What he is not telling you is they went live on the pistol range and the people was walking back from the rifle range, and there is a dirt embankment between the two.

I thought it was kind of strange the first time too. But after looking it over. No big deal. The people on the pistol range could not hit you unless they find a JFK magic bullet.

Yeah I dont give a shit what is between the ranges ... If it isnt at least 10 ft tall I want no part of being on the loud side of a gun. Regardless if it has been safe so far it only takes one "oops" to lose your life.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Yeah I dont give a shit what is between the ranges ... If it isnt at least 10 ft tall I want no part of being on the loud side of a gun. Regardless if it has been safe so far it only takes one "oops" to lose your life.
So you should be good to go. The dirt bank is 10ft if not higher.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I dont care how high the wall is, it is just stupid and careless. All you need is one flier and they are closed forever.... Their lack of common sence has cost them my business as well as all of my friends and co-workers that shoot as well. HC range cost me $150 to start and $75 a year after that. They also offer CHL courses. The only kick in the pants is they have their member meetings the first Wed of every month and then you have to attend a Sunday range course, where they will give you a tour of the place. Then if you have nothing neg in a backround check, they will "vote" you in. They do require you to be an NRA member....that is the catch. I am a Distinguished Member, so I was good to go. Love the range they will even give you targets, and everything you will need. Also my son always shoots for free and friends are only $7. Think about it. They do not frown on "assualt rifles" you can pretty shoot whatever you bring.

06 Evo MR *toy*
89 LX 5.0 *toy*
2010 Kia Soul *wifes car*
00 GS400 *daily driver/toy...*
03 BMW 745iL *daily driver/toy*
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Fabrique National Fan

New pistol range is open (and in shade!). Went and shot a couple hundred rounds this past Sunday. The people are great and were all very safety conscious whenever I've been there. The rifle range is much better now as well. Had a friend sighting in his XCR...drooool.

Last edited by Brandon-K; 06-11-2010 at 10:36 AM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Time Served

Anyone hear about the 50 cal richoet they had a while back that hit a lady at the TMS? Know if its true?
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:10 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad92lx View Post
Anyone hear about the 50 cal richoet they had a while back that hit a lady at the TMS? Know if its true?

Was not at Quail Creek. They do not allow .50 and their ranges point away from TMS. It was off someones land....
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
Was not at Quail Creek. They do not allow .50 and their ranges point away from TMS. It was off someones land....
Exactly! You can't shoot FMJ there, no way you can shoot .50 BMG
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Fabrique National Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
This. I hadn't heard that though. Anyone have a link?
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Time Served

Exactly it was a richoet off the dirt, shot north and ended up south. Well thats what I heard anyway. Anyone know the real story? I have a friend that started working there about a month ago. I'll see what he says.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 07:00 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad92lx View Post
Exactly it was a richoet off the dirt, shot north and ended up south. Well thats what I heard anyway. Anyone know the real story? I have a friend that started working there about a month ago. I'll see what he says.
Yeah. The guy was two and a half miles away from TMS shooting 700 yards from his target into a make shift berm. It richoched off the berm and probably shot damn near straight up then came straight down through the roof of the white trash watching fucking NASCAR.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Time Served

yep thats what my friend said but no details, just that is was off of personal property.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement