bushnell holosight - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

bushnell holosight

any one owned one?
know someone who owned one ?
experiences?

does bushnell make eotech's or something? i find that hard to believe.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

It goes something like Bushnell and L3 developed the sight together. They split and Bushnell produced the Holosight in China or Japan while L3 manufactured them here in the US.
Do they even still make the Holosight? I would pony up the little bit of difference and go with the Eotech.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

they appear to be sold in the us
a quick search showed a bushnell at $210 dollars , eotech at $400
how is that a little bit more to save up? it's fucking double for pratically the same thing!
most of the reviews i could find said it did well

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Old Timer

They are basically the same sight.

The EoTech has a metal shield around the glass to help protect it from hits and abuse that soldiers and cops might put it through. Also the Eotech's have more protective buttons than the bushnell version.

The Bushnell version doesn't have the shield nor the heavy duty style buttons. I don't remember if the bushnell version is water proof either.

The EoTech is a better unit when you consider abuse, but the Bushnell version is meant for people who take really good care of their gear.

I bought the EoTech, but I know some people who bought the Bushnell version and are very happy with it.

*I THOUGHT* EoTech makes the Bushnell Version .... But I could be wrong

2006 Mustang GT
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 09:09 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant View Post
they appear to be sold in the us
a quick search showed a bushnell at $210 dollars , eotech at $400
how is that a little bit more to save up? it's fucking double for pratically the same thing!
most of the reviews i could find said it did well

They are sold in the US, just made in a sweat shop in Asia by 12 year old kids....
You can get the Eotech 511 for about $330. To me it is worth $100 more for a better product.
The Bushnell is a cheaper version. It is no wear near as durable, and the buttons suck. The buttons on the Bushnell wear and eventually expose the board where the Eotech has actual buttons. The Eotech also has an additional guard around it protecting the glass better.
And the Eotech is made in the USA, by AMERICANS. I have heard nothing but good things from L3's customer service, and HORRIBLE customer service from Bushnell. I actually did some contract work for L3 in Rockwall and was impressed by the company.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
They are sold in the US, just made in a sweat shop in Asia by 12 year old kids....
You can get the Eotech 511 for about $330. To me it is worth $100 more for a better product.
The Bushnell is a cheaper version. It is no wear near as durable, and the buttons suck. The buttons on the Bushnell wear and eventually expose the board where the Eotech has actual buttons. The Eotech also has an additional guard around it protecting the glass better.
And the Eotech is made in the USA, by AMERICANS. I have heard nothing but good things from L3's customer service, and HORRIBLE customer service from Bushnell. I actually did some contract work for L3 in Rockwall and was impressed by the company.
thanks for the info
that probably also explains the weight difference
I'll admit for 330 i would probably do the eotech.
I mean it's gonna go on a rifle meant for abuse and CQ use, so that might be worth the difference.
It's too bad the nightvision versions add so much to the price. I really would like that too , admittedly just for 'some day' that i could afford gen 2 or 3 NV moncular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement