11 Reasons to ban guns:
1. Banning guns works, which is why New York, Washington D.C., Detroit and Chicago cops need guns.
2. D.C.'s low murder rate of 69 per 100,000 is due to strict gun control, and Indianapolis' high murder rate of 9 per 100,000 is due to lack of gun control.
3. The Brady Bill and Assault Weapons Ban, both of which went into effect in 1994 are responsible for the decrease in violent crime, which have been declining since 1991.
4. The more helpless you are the safer you are from criminals.
5. An intruder will be incapacitated by pepper spray or oven cleaner, but if shot by a .357 magnum will get angry and kill you.
6. A woman raped and strangled is morally superior to a woman with a smoking gun and a dead rapist at her feet.
7. The 2nd Amendment, ratified in 1787, refers to the National Guard, which was created in 1917.
8. The phrases "right of the people to peaceably assemble" and the "right of the people to be secure in their homes" refers to the people, but the "right of the people to keep and bear arms" refers to the state.
9. Guns cause violence, which is why there are so many mass killings at gun shows.
10. The ACLU is good because it uncompromisingly defends certain parts of the Constitution, but the NRA is bad, because it defends other parts of the Constitution.
11. A handgun, with up to 4 controls, is far too complex for the typical adult to learn to use, as opposed to an automobile, that may have more than 20.