Taurus 738 TCP - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Taurus 738 TCP

I just picked one up from Academy for 279.00. Ive put a few rounds through it with no failures. Overall its a nice little gun. I wanted something a little light then my normal carry so I can carry while wearing shorts. I was looking at the Ruger LCP,Kel-tec and the Taurus. What sold me on it was it had a 5lb trigger pull and came with a extra mag. All the reviews I read said good things. This is my second Taurus and ive never had a issue with any of them. They do offer a lifetime warranty.

Only issue was .380 is a little scarce, lucky I have plenty.

2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 03:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsMach03 View Post
I just picked one up from Academy for 279.00. Ive put a few rounds through it with no failures. Overall its a nice little gun. I wanted something a little light then my normal carry so I can carry while wearing shorts. I was looking at the Ruger LCP,Kel-tec and the Taurus. What sold me on it was it had a 5lb trigger pull and came with a extra mag. All the reviews I read said good things. This is my second Taurus and ive never had a issue with any of them. They do offer a lifetime warranty.

Only issue was .380 is a little scarce, lucky I have plenty.
Congrats on the purchase. I had to look it up on taurustcp.com to even see what it looks like, must be real new. Everyone needs a .380 ultra compact as a "toss in the back pocket and go" gun. Looks like you got a good deal also, two mags and the gun for $279.00. That has to be hard to beat.

I got a Ruger LCP .380 around Christmas time for $265.00 but that was with only one mag. The extra mag I got for it cost me $25.00. So your $279.00 is on par.

Now where I am not a fan of Taurus semi autos that little jewel looks like it will run as designed. Have you shot it yet?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

It shot flawlessly

2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement