Am I the only one... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.

Am I the only one...

That literally has gun parts just about everywhere? I have a random magazines all over my desk. I found a slide under my keyboard. I find ammunition everywhere... in my pockets, on my desks/tables, in my car. Whenever I'm washing clothes I usually find a spent case in the bottom of the washing machine. I have a toolbox which is just about completely full in every drawer with different kinds of brass. Occasionally I pull spent brass out of my shoes, and I see polishing media just about everywhere. My friends usually poke fun at me but now I'm starting to notice it. I keep everything pretty damn organized overall, and consider myself a pretty neat person, but I just have so much crap going on at all times it manages to show up everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

too many projects @ once
know the feeling myself as of late
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Lifer

Your not alone. I have a shoe box full of parts, two big orange boat boxes full of brass, 50 cal box full in the living room, another boat box full of mags, ammo sitting on the bar, washer, coffee table, I also usually have some sort of brass in my pockets. My cup holder in the car is full of hornady XTP .45, keltec mag in the console.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 02:12 AM
You never go full retard

Pics or it didn't happen
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Lifer

I guarantee my house and office is far worse.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I guarantee my house and office is far worse.
Haha, last night I was going through an old box full of my office equipment and found about 10 G3 mags, and all of them were loaded! who knew! It was like Christmas.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 05:44 AM
Lifer

It's always nice finding ammo you forgot you had.

I found 1,000 rounds of AR ammo while looking for something else one day. The best part is I bought it back when you could get 1,000 rounds for $90, and it was going for almost $300!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Time Served

I have headspace gauges and magazines on my computer desk and freaking parts everywhere. I think its just you eventually start running out of room and stuff stats getting scattered at that point when you have to many projects.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Lifer

I've got all of the above as well as various chemicals and a shop press inside the house.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Lifer

In know the feeling. Since the move to the new house I have got parts and piecses everywhere. Orginization is actually one of my tasks this R&R next month.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

I once had a live 9mm round go through the washer and dryer, but I took it to the range and it shot just fine!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 AM
dee
Lifer

I have an out building behind my house that has stuff everywhere.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 11:38 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
I once had a live 9mm round go through the washer and dryer, but I took it to the range and it shot just fine!
I accidentally did that with a .40 round, thought I checked my pockets well enough but I was wrong. About 20 minutes after I started the dryer I heard something rattling around so I got up to see what it was. Needless to say I was surprised that it hadn't gone off in the dryer, especially since I was on the highest heat setting.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 03:37 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
That literally has gun parts just about everywhere? I have a random magazines all over my desk. I found a slide under my keyboard. I find ammunition everywhere... in my pockets, on my desks/tables, in my car. Whenever I'm washing clothes I usually find a spent case in the bottom of the washing machine. I have a toolbox which is just about completely full in every drawer with different kinds of brass. Occasionally I pull spent brass out of my shoes, and I see polishing media just about everywhere. My friends usually poke fun at me but now I'm starting to notice it. I keep everything pretty damn organized overall, and consider myself a pretty neat person, but I just have so much crap going on at all times it manages to show up everywhere.
If you got some spare random mags let me know what u got... I am always looking for 8 round makarov and tokarev mags.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
I accidentally did that with a .40 round, thought I checked my pockets well enough but I was wrong. About 20 minutes after I started the dryer I heard something rattling around so I got up to see what it was. Needless to say I was surprised that it hadn't gone off in the dryer, especially since I was on the highest heat setting.
I was vacuuming one day and I heard a loud bang... louder than it should have been - then I started to smell cordite. Checked inside the Kirby and found a spent .22LR casing...thank god for the rugged construction of a Kirby vacuum cleaner.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_cj View Post
i was vacuuming one day and i heard a loud bang... Louder than it should have been - then i started to smell cordite. Checked inside the kirby and found a spent .22lr casing...thank god for the rugged construction of a kirby vacuum cleaner.
lol!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 04:15 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Wish I could leave stuff like that around, but with the curious cookie munchers that shit is secured.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Lifer

I've had a 22lr go off from the static in my carpet. That was an eye opener.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatassLX View Post
I've had a 22lr go off from the static in my carpet. That was an eye opener.
Shit I better get cleaning then.. The floor is littered with .22LR (I dropped a box and was too lazy to pick up all 500 of them.)

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Factory Issue

CJ, I'm kind of reassured by the gun parts in your house. Very few people are as invested in what they love as you are. When you buy your own house, I bet it'll all transfer to one hell of a man cave.

Give me a dollar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement