Taurus 24/7 Compact .45 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Taurus 24/7 Compact .45

Anyone have or shot one? A buddy of mine has the full size in a .40 and so far it seems to be a rock solid gun. I've been wanting a new carry that's a .45, but a Kimber will be out of my price range for a long time. I found that you can get one for around $350 on gunbroker.com. Any feedback?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Lifer

I recently got the 24/7 9mm, and i love it. put over 100 rounds through it without a glitch so far!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Time Served

I don't have any experience with the 24/7 in 45 ACP, but my wife had the 9mm version and it was a great little gun. She just never got used to the long trigger pull after she got used to shooting my 1911, so she traded it for something else. If I were going to go buy a subcompact today, it would probably be another 24/7. Can't beat the price, and all my experiences with Taurus have been positive ones.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned

my only concern is that i have heard of Taurus firearms failing and self destructing. just wondering if anyone knows first hand of any issues.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50lx View Post
my only concern is that i have heard of Taurus firearms failing and self destructing. just wondering if anyone knows first hand of any issues.
ALL guns can Kaboom.

Taurus firearms have been around a while. They are a good inexpensive firearm. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

I've shot their revolvers and automatics. Like I said it's a all business firearm. May not be pretty, but when you pull the trigger, they fire.

2006 Mustang GT
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 07:25 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Anyone have or shot one? A buddy of mine has the full size in a .40 and so far it seems to be a rock solid gun. I've been wanting a new carry that's a .45, but a Kimber will be out of my price range for a long time. I found that you can get one for around $350 on gunbroker.com. Any feedback?
They are suppose to be good, one of the cheapest automatics out there though. I've fired the .45 ACP version and it was garbage, had all kinds of problems with it not cycling, jamming, and not discharging. But, people swear they are good guns.

As for failing and self destructing, there was a post on here about one blowing up a few months ago.

Last edited by CJ; 02-22-2010 at 07:38 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Lifer

I have a 24/7 pro .45 and haven't had a problem yet!

Last edited by wickedblkgt; 09-08-2010 at 12:19 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 AM
10% Real Fruit Juice

i have one.

it does not feed hollow points very well...

no problems otherwise...

i would recommend it...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
i have one.

it does not feed hollow points very well...

no problems otherwise...

i would recommend it...
not feeding hollow points would be a problem for sure! i would be using it as my new carry and HPs are a must have IMO. wonder if CJ could trouble shoot that for me if it was any issue?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Time Served

I stand by my earlier statement, but if you're concerned about reliability you might want to look at the Springfield XD line. Their subcompacts only come in 9mm and 40 s&w, but they don't cost that much more than the Taurus. Budsgunshop.com has them for about $550.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 12:33 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
not feeding hollow points would be a problem for sure! i would be using it as my new carry and HPs are a must have IMO. wonder if CJ could trouble shoot that for me if it was any issue?
yeah, polishing the feed ramp and mechanism would probably solve it, but I wouldn't risk ending up dead with a FTF.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
As for failing and self destructing, there was a post on here about one blowing up a few months ago.
Yeah that was me. It broke and locked up, but eventually I was able to send it back to Taurus and they fixed it and returned it within a couple weeks. I still haven't gotten a chance to fire it but I have to assume it works.

They never said what was wrong with it, the gunsmith who got it apart for me said he thought it was the sear. The paper Taurus sent back said "Problem: missing parts....Repair: replace parts."

Before it broke I loved it. No problems with hollow points. You have to hold onto it pretty tight but I would think that's to be expected with a tiny polymer .45.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement