I had a different knock off brand Aimpoint replica. - I bought it for 50$ at the gun show when i bought my flat top AR. If you can wait for a gun show, you can get a killer deal on these as dealers are always dumping batches off when the new version comes in.
It looked just like my real ML2.
- Functional (all adjustment settings worked)
- Held its zero
- Red and Green Dot
- Unless your familiar with Aimpoint or VERY familiar with Optics, your not going to tell them apart.
- Rail mount mine came with was probley worth the 50$ alone.
- DOT receptacle was too big! I mean very small difference between Real Aimpoint vs. knock off Aimpoint - But at 50-100 yards it makes all the difference in the world.
- Control felt a little grainy (ie cheaply made) - this did not seem to affect the fucntionality though
- Does not have the glare coating protection ( i never had a problem with glare, but notable)
Pay close attention to the height of the optic in relation to the mount and gun.
I had it mounted on a M4 A2 style with front fixed site. The knock off co-witnessed with teh front site. I liked this sometimes, and sometimes it was very annoying. More annoying than like-able. The real Aimpoint with GG&G or whatever mount sits slightly higher and I like this.