Saiga 12 Pics - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Saiga 12 Pics

This is the most up to date pic of my Saiga 12.







The specs.........

MD Arms 20 rd drum
Knights Armament forward grip
Chaos Quad Rail
Sig Sauer Red Dot Sight
Streamlight TLR-1
Hass is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 6
Looks great. You gonna convert it? Its a night and day difference with the new fcg.

00' xj on 33's
31 Model A 327/TH350
91 Calypso LX
More Foxbodies than I can count
WoodStock is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodStock View Post
Looks great. You gonna convert it? Its a night and day difference with the new fcg.
Plans are to convert and also add a folding stock. I can't stand the jingling of the rear sling mount.
Hass is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Also has the Gunfixer's Gas Plug on it.
Hass is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
That is badass dude, I wouldn't mind having something like that

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 229
Cool setup.

Last edited by Leadfoot; 04-15-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Leadfoot is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 229
.

Last edited by Leadfoot; 04-15-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Leadfoot is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
No Offense, but I don't like the Hunter Style Stock you have on it.

I'm not digging it at all. Maybe once you convert it to a pistol grip and a foldling stock, but again, its not my cup of tea as it sits. Too Much Tacticool stuff on it already. (I don't like tacticool stuff even on AR's.)

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ft worth
Posts: 749
how much did you get it for?
arix is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
No Offense, but I don't like the Hunter Style Stock you have on it.

I'm not digging it at all. Maybe once you convert it to a pistol grip and a foldling stock, but again, its not my cup of tea as it sits. Too Much Tacticool stuff on it already. (I don't like tacticool stuff even on AR's.)
I don't like the stock either. It's cheap, rattles on the inside from a piece of plastic being loose inside it somewhere, and doesn't fit me very well.

Tacticool? Maybe. All I know is I sure do love using what I've got on it.
Hass is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
I think I'll side with Dacotua, that stock makes the shotgun look like it's in the middle of an indentity crisis. And I think dot sites are useless on shotguns.
exlude is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
I don't like the stock either. It's cheap, rattles on the inside from a piece of plastic being loose inside it somewhere, and doesn't fit me very well.

Tacticool? Maybe. All I know is I sure do love using what I've got on it.
Like I said, its not my style. If you like it, then thats all that matters.

I just suggested that you put the AK Style stock set on it. (I think the S-12's look ok in that form). I do not like the tactical forarms on ANY gun.

If it were MY GUN. I'd remove the flashlight, the Red Dot sight, the Forarm.

I'd add the AK style furniture and then leave it alone.

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
Like I said, its not my style. If you like it, then thats all that matters.

I just suggested that you put the AK Style stock set on it. (I think the S-12's look ok in that form). I do not like the tactical forarms on ANY gun.

If it were MY GUN. I'd remove the flashlight, the Red Dot sight, the Forarm.

I'd add the AK style furniture and then leave it alone.
Is it still considered "tacticool" if I actually use the stuff???

BTW, I agree it would look good with ak furniture also. Since this is my primary house gun, I went this route to be more functional for me.

The flashlight came in handy when one of my dogs was going ballistic in our bushes one night. I couldn't see what he was fighting and was worried it might be the coyote that's been wandering around the forrests by our house. Popped the bushes with the light and luckily it was just a cat (tough little sonofabitch too). Still glad I had the light though.

The red dot came with my Sig 556 and wasn't being used so I put it on the Saiga. I figured it (and the foreward grip) would help counteract drowsiness at times I needed the gun when my sleep was disturbed.

The drum mag looks huge, but it only holds 20 rds of 12ga so it's just there to save a reload.

I would love to have a second one with a different layout though.
Hass is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Is it still considered "tacticool" if I actually use the stuff???

BTW, I agree it would look good with ak furniture also. Since this is my primary house gun, I went this route to be more functional for me.

The flashlight came in handy when one of my dogs was going ballistic in our bushes one night. I couldn't see what he was fighting and was worried it might be the coyote that's been wandering around the forrests by our house. Popped the bushes with the light and luckily it was just a cat (tough little sonofabitch too). Still glad I had the light though.

The red dot came with my Sig 556 and wasn't being used so I put it on the Saiga. I figured it (and the foreward grip) would help counteract drowsiness at times I needed the gun when my sleep was disturbed.

The drum mag looks huge, but it only holds 20 rds of 12ga so it's just there to save a reload.

I would love to have a second one with a different layout though.
Flashlights may work, but I wouldn't want one on my gun. If someone wants to shoot at you at night, they just shoot at the light and they are going to hit you. I personally would rather have a flashlight and hold it away from my body. If someone shot at the light, they would be shooting at my hand, not my torso.

Also I use a 1,000,000 candle power spot light around my house. I figure if someone is out there, A) I will blind the hell out of them. B) I definately will see them. (The Million Candle Power is HARD to see me if I'm shinning at you.).

About the Tacticool stuff, yes even if you still use it, its still tacticool. I've seen people with AR's stick a TON of shit on their guns and they all say they use everything on the gun.

For a house gun, I would recommend a SMALL Magazine that holds maybe 5 shots. Its easier to wield the gun around corners and stuff. The large drum might look cool, but seriously, I doubt you'll ever really fire more than 5 shots in a home defense.

The only tacticool thing I own is a Eotech on top of my AR-15, but hey I like red dots.. Like I said its all what YOU LIKE, not what I like. (Even when I go to the range with My AR, I only take a 20 round mag... Reason : I can rest the gun on sandbags and the mag doesn't hit the table)

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome