shotguns - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
shotguns

Within the next week or so, I plan on purchasing a new shotgun.

The two that I have in mind is the Browning Maxus Hunter or the Beretta A400.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat..._id=608#center

https://www.berettausa.com/e2wshoppi...084:3100001645

The A400 is chambered for 2.75, 3 and 3.5" shell, but the Maxus is chambered for 3 and 3.5" shell. My question is, since I only shoot 2.75" shells, can the Maxus also shoot 2.75" even though it's chambered for 3 and 3.5"?

I recently bought a Mossberg 500, the owners manual states that the gun is chambered to only shoot 2.75 and 3" shells, but not 3.5" shells, which leads to my question about the Browning Maxus.

Thanks.
bigmuskie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
blank
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the Air
Posts: 2,380
Yes.. The size list is the guns MAXIMUM size shell you can use. Some autoloaders have trouble cycling super light 2 3/4 target loads though.


Edit: my vote is for the Browning. I have a Browning Silver Hunter and its been the best semi I've ever owned.
5.0LiterRiceEater is offline  
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post

Edit: my vote is for the Browning. I have a Browning Silver Hunter and its been the best semi I've ever owned.
I had this same problem with a mossberg semi auto that was 3/3.5, wouldn't work with 2.75.

FWIW, I might be putting my Beretta Teknys AL391 up for sale soon. It's mint.

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
 
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
Within the next week or so, I plan on purchasing a new shotgun.

The two that I have in mind is the Browning Maxus Hunter or the Beretta A400.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat..._id=608#center

https://www.berettausa.com/e2wshoppi...084:3100001645

The A400 is chambered for 2.75, 3 and 3.5" shell, but the Maxus is chambered for 3 and 3.5" shell. My question is, since I only shoot 2.75" shells, can the Maxus also shoot 2.75" even though it's chambered for 3 and 3.5"?

I recently bought a Mossberg 500, the owners manual states that the gun is chambered to only shoot 2.75 and 3" shells, but not 3.5" shells, which leads to my question about the Browning Maxus.

Thanks.
Yes you can. You can always shoot under the shell length maximum. Some shotguns will only say 3-1/2" Chambered. That means 2-3/4, 3" and 3-1/2"

My Mossberg is only rated for 3" Shells, so I can shoot 2-3/4 and 3" only... Not 3-1/2

If its a semi-auto, you may have to adjust the gas system to shoot 2-3/4" shells reliably. I had to do this on my Remington Semi.

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
FWIW, I might be putting my Beretta Teknys AL391 up for sale soon. It's mint.
Post a pic up if you can.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
Yes.. The size list is the guns MAXIMUM size shell you can use. Some autoloaders have trouble cycling super light 2 3/4 target loads though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
Yes you can. You can always shoot under the shell length maximum. Some shotguns will only say 3-1/2" Chambered. That means 2-3/4, 3" and 3-1/2"

If its a semi-auto, you may have to adjust the gas system to shoot 2-3/4" shells reliably. I had to do this on my Remington Semi.
Great, thanks fellas.

Would a heavy powder shell help with cycling the action. Say no lower than 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 oz.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
My Mossberg is only rated for 3" Shells, so I can shoot 2-3/4 and 3" only... Not 3-1/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
I had this same problem with a mossberg semi auto that was 3/3.5, wouldn't work with 2.75.
Makes you wonder if it's just Mossberg's. I mean no disrespect to those who think highly of mossberg, but my new 500 will sometimes eject the next shell and jam the used shell in the chamber.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Pitchin and flippin
 
slow55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Right here.
Posts: 5,552
I vote Browning. To me they are some of the best built guns around.
I have a Browning Auto5 that was built in 1949 that I still use to this day and works perfectly.
Been thinking of buying a new Browning also, something lighter than what I have and that doesn't kick like a mule.
slow55 is offline  
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
Makes you wonder if it's just Mossberg's. I mean no disrespect to those who think highly of mossberg, but my new 500 will sometimes eject the next shell and jam the used shell in the chamber.
My 590 never has a issue of jamming... The 500 series was designed before the introduction of 3-1/2" shells (I think).

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow55 View Post
I vote Browning. To me they are some of the best built guns around.
I have a Browning Auto5 that was built in 1949 that I still use to this day and works perfectly.
Been thinking of buying a new Browning also, something lighter than what I have and that doesn't kick like a mule.
I am leaning more in that direction myself. My grandfather hunted with a Browning, so most likely I'll follow in his foot steps.

Besides, the Browning Maxus Hunter has a more traditional look with a wood butt stock and fore grip, and it's a little cheaper on the pocket book.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
If I had paid more attention to detail (bad about that), this thread probably would have never happened.

I clicked on a close up pic of the "right side" and on the barrel it is stamped 2.75.and 3. Either way, I learned something anyhow.

In this pic., what is that switch along side the chamber.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat..._id=608#center
bigmuskie is offline  
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
I'm really trying not to post whore, but I have questions to ask and can't remember them until I had already submitted.

Besides the obvious, what is the advantage and/or disadvantage to different barrel lengths?
bigmuskie is offline  
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 09:08 AM
blank
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the Air
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
If I had paid more attention to detail (bad about that), this thread probably would have never happened.

I clicked on a close up pic of the "right side" and on the barrel it is stamped 2.75.and 3. Either way, I learned something anyhow.

In this pic., what is that switch along side the chamber.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat..._id=608#center
bolt release is the button on the forward bottom. Or are you looking at handle on the bolt itself? Which is a charging handle.
5.0LiterRiceEater is offline  
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
bolt release is the button on the forward bottom. Or are you looking at handle on the bolt itself? Which is a charging handle.
Opposite side of the charging handle (left side) Has the mallard etching on the side, and below the word Browning.

Looks like some kind of toggle switch.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat..._id=608#center

Last edited by bigmuskie; 02-13-2010 at 09:43 AM.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 09:48 AM
blank
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the Air
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
Opposite side of the charging handle (left side) Has the mallard etching on the side, and below the word Browning.

Looks like some kind of toggle switch.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat..._id=608#center
Never see that before but I found this. Basically a quick release for the forearm.

Turnkey Magazine Plug and Speed Lock Forearm: You can use a door or car key to simply turn and push down on the retaining cap at the front of the tube to add or remove a magazine plug. Browning actually calls this feature the Turnkey Magazine Plug. We all tried this, and removal or insertion of the magazine plug could be accomplished in seconds. To make the plug change or even barrel removal even quicker, as well as removal of the forearm, there's a totally new Speed Lock Forearm. Traditionally, fore-ends attach via spinning a screw-on magazine cap. Maxus technology does away with that type of system. You put the fore-end over the magazine tube in the traditional manner, but to lock that fore-end in place, just press down the exposed lever at the front of the fore-end. This effectively "cams" the fore-end into place, and it's tight. To take off the fore-end, there's no spinning the screw-on cap. Just pull up the lever, and the fore-end is ready to pull off."
5.0LiterRiceEater is offline  
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
Never see that before but I found this. Basically a quick release for the forearm.
Big thanks friend, I never noticed it didn't have the nut on the fore grip.

While I got your attention.

What are the benefits to changing out barrel lengths?

Thanks again.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Lifer
 
PeeWeeC5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SW Denton
Posts: 4,984
You can expect a little longer range with a longer barrel. Get a full or modified choke for trap/bird hunting.

LPC: 56152
PeeWeeC5 is offline  
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 10:22 AM
blank
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the Air
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
Big thanks friend, I never noticed it didn't have the nut on the fore grip.

While I got your attention.

What are the benefits to changing out barrel lengths?

Thanks again.
I read up some more and that lever is a "Magazine Cut-Off" it allows you to unload a shell from the chamber without cycling a shell from the magazine. I like that alot, hell I want this gun now.

Barrels, generaly speaking the faster the game the shorter the barrel. And personal preferance. I don't change barrels, I use a 28 for every thing. Quail, dove, skeet ect.
5.0LiterRiceEater is offline  
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 10:40 AM
dee
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
Opposite side of the charging handle (left side) Has the mallard etching on the side, and below the word Browning.

Looks like some kind of toggle switch.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat..._id=608#center
Its a magazine cut off switch alot of Brownings have those.
dee is offline  
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
You can expect a little longer range with a longer barrel. Get a full or modified choke for trap/bird hunting.
Thank you sir. As 5.0Liter stated, I'll go with a 28" barrel. Seems like an all around general use length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
Barrels, generaly speaking the faster the game the shorter the barrel. And personal preferance. I don't change barrels, I use a 28 for every thing. Quail, dove, skeet ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater View Post
I read up some more and that lever is a "Magazine Cut-Off" it allows you to unload a shell from the chamber without cycling a shell from the magazine. I like that alot, hell I want this gun now.
Are you reading straight from Browning's website? I was able to follow a link with some videos of the Maxus in the field and its design. I'm gonna try and post a direct link to a specific video. The shooter pulled another latch below the fore grip.

Click on Design. Talks about everything I needed to know about the Maxus. Took some links to follow to get there.

http://www.browning.com/products/int...axus/#onscreen


Quote:
Originally Posted by dee View Post
Its a magazine cut off switch alot of Brownings have those.
Browning has put alot of thought and engineering into this gun.

This gun has stellar good looks and the performance to match, damn I'm sold.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
The flat ribbed profile and straight comb is perfect. I also own a Remington Model 1100 12 gauge semi-auto, which I will compare my next gun purchase to. The gun fires great, but I'm wanting another more modern shotgun.

A friend/coworker took me clay target shooting at Alpine (throw your own) Well needless to, I'm hooked in an almost obsessed kind of way.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
The gun I want (Maxus Hunter Edition) doesn't come out till about April or May. The camo and black are already available. Patiently waits.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 04:44 PM
blank
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the Air
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
Are you reading straight from Browning's website?
Yes I was reading the manual for the Maxus on Browning's site.

http://media.browning.com/pdf/om/08-121maxus.pdf
5.0LiterRiceEater is offline  
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Here's my Beretta I was talking about


2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
Here's my Beretta I was talking about
Nice gun. How much would you be looking to sell? Send a PM if you like. I've pretty much made my mind up on the Browning, but any thing is subject to change.
bigmuskie is offline  
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmuskie View Post
Nice gun. How much would you be looking to sell? Send a PM if you like. I've pretty much made my mind up on the Browning, but any thing is subject to change.
$1200 pretty firm. I was going to list it but haven't and i'm running out the door. If you're interested, you wont find a better gun. Period. Send me a PM.

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Just listed it here for sale in the classifieds.

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
Here's my Beretta I was talking about

is that actual wood, or it is a laminate?
CJ is offline  
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
is that actual wood, or it is a laminate?
It's actual wood. They call it "extra wood". It's beautiful.

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
It's actual wood. They call it "extra wood". It's beautiful.
Gorgeous gun, the little rinky dink gun show we had here in Sherman after Christmas, I found one there that I had to have. Made a run to get some cash, and some dude beat me to it.

Looked exactly like yours, too. The stock is what drew me in.

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
Gorgeous gun, the little rinky dink gun show we had here in Sherman after Christmas, I found one there that I had to have. Made a run to get some cash, and some dude beat me to it.

Looked exactly like yours, too. The stock is what drew me in.
Buy this one! I'll bring it to Sherman for ya! lol Here are some more pics I took this morning of it.






2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
DoesSpeedTurnUon: That is the guns twin!!

Not lookin for a shotty this very second, but if I was I'd be all over it.

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
It's actual wood. They call it "extra wood". It's beautiful.
haha, definitely looks great. Almost too good actually, like a poly stock.
CJ is offline  
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
haha, definitely looks great. Almost too good actually, like a poly stock.
It's funny you say that, when i was putting it together i was like... this looks wierd so i was looking at the brochure in the box and it says something about using some special semi gloss varnish on it... Looks good to me!

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 02:23 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
It's funny you say that, when i was putting it together i was like... this looks wierd so i was looking at the brochure in the box and it says something about using some special semi gloss varnish on it... Looks good to me!
Actually it is a laminated veneer... just checked to make sure.
CJ is offline  
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
Actually it is a poly stock, I just checked.
Well there ya go. lol... shows how much I know lol.

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Fwiw, I'll take $1100 on that shotgun today only!

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
Fwiw, I'll take $1100 on that shotgun today only!
Would you be interested in any trades? I am wanting to go back to a gas gun due to a bad shoulder and the fact that I no longer have the time to reload.

Ruger Red Label Sport Clays addition 30" barrels 12GA
Both Barrels are ported
Extended Briley Skeet Chokes (I have the same in Improved and Full somewhere)
Stock Ruger Skeet Chokes
Gun was recently shipped to Ruger for a breakdown lever issue and was fixed and completely gone through by Ruger.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
Would you be interested in any trades? I am wanting to go back to a gas gun due to a bad shoulder and the fact that I no longer have the time to reload.

Ruger Red Label Sport Clays addition 30" barrels 12GA
Both Barrels are ported
Extended Briley Skeet Chokes (I have the same in Improved and Full somewhere)
Stock Ruger Skeet Chokes
Gun was recently shipped to Ruger for a breakdown lever issue and was fixed and completely gone through by Ruger.
I actually already have a deal pending on it.

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 01:20 PM
dee
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
Would you be interested in any trades? I am wanting to go back to a gas gun due to a bad shoulder and the fact that I no longer have the time to reload.

Ruger Red Label Sport Clays addition 30" barrels 12GA
Both Barrels are ported
Extended Briley Skeet Chokes (I have the same in Improved and Full somewhere)
Stock Ruger Skeet Chokes
Gun was recently shipped to Ruger for a breakdown lever issue and was fixed and completely gone through by Ruger.
You might want to get a mecury reducer and put in the stock it could help your shoulder on recoil.
dee is offline  
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee View Post
You might want to get a mecury reducer and put in the stock it could help your shoulder on recoil.
I have a Decellerator on there now...Supposedly it is one of the best but after a couple of rounds of skeet my right shoulder needs an ice pack.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 09:37 PM
dee
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,188
The reducers make even a bigger differance the only one I've used is made by Dead Mule, they go inside the stock behind the recoil pad.
dee is offline  
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Thought I had a deal. $1100 I would trade for an equal value name brand AR15

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Lifer
 
DoesSpeedTurnUon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,189
Just lowered price to $1000 firm. Need it gone. I know this isn't my for sale thread here, but just giving you guys a heads up, its in the classifieds.

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.
DoesSpeedTurnUon is offline  
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alvarado
Posts: 641
Beretta Xtrema 2 FTW!

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
cde21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome