105.3 The Fan anti gun liberal rhetoric - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Exclamation 105.3 The Fan anti gun liberal rhetoric

Assclowns on the radio right now saying all professional athletes should be completely banned from carrying guns.

These guys think the second amendment should be excluded from these guys rights.

Your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:24 AM
blank

Dont know what dj's you're listen to but i know Jaggerr and Mondo have CHL's. Them other dipshits i dont listen to.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
Assclowns on the radio right now saying all professional athletes should be completely banned from carrying guns.

These guys think the second amendment should be excluded from these guys rights.

Your thoughts?
I think that under current Texas law that they are already banned from carrying handguns to games. Just enforce the current laws and leave it at that.

Quote:
Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:
(1) on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code;
(2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event;
(3) on the premises of a correctional facility;
(4) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing home administration, as appropriate;
(5) in an amusement park; or
(6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.
(c) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, at any meeting of a governmental entity.
(d) A license holder commits an offense if, while intoxicated, the license holder carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed.
(e) A license holder who is licensed as a security officer under Chapter 1702, Occupations Code, and employed as a security officer commits an offense if, while in the course and scope of the security officer's employment, the security officer violates a provision of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.
(f) In this section:
(1) "Amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
(2) "License holder" means a person licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.
(3) "Premises" means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
(g) An offense under Subsection (a), (b), (c), (d), or (e) is a Class A misdemeanor, unless the offense is committed under Subsection (b)(1) or (b)(3), in which event the offense is a felony of the third degree.
(h) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a) that the actor, at the time of the commission of the offense, displayed the handgun under circumstances in which the actor would have been justified in the use of deadly force under Chapter 9.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

The guys on the radio right now, are who are talking about this. They are pretty much blanketing all pro athletes. They're not talking about taking the weapons to games. They're saying they shouldnt own guns at all.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:41 AM
None

They are referring to the dipshit fullback who pulled a gun at 2am outside Blackfinn in Addison.

You can't legislate common sense. Even if it was illegal, so what? He broke the fucking law by pulling a gun out of his car and pointed it at someone because he thoguht the guy fucked with his car.

OH NO! it's DOUBLE illegal! That'll fix it!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
They are referring to the dipshit fullback who pulled a gun at 2am outside Blackfinn in Addison.

You can't legislate common sense. Even if it was illegal, so what? He broke the fucking law by pulling a gun out of his car and pointed it at someone because he thoguht the guy fucked with his car.

OH NO! it's DOUBLE illegal! That'll fix it!
yeah I know who they're talking about. It rubbed me the wrong way whenthe djs said they they were both very anti gun, and then stated that all pro athelets should be banned from owning guns completely, regardless of the second amendment.

I understand there are dumbass athletes who go ou and get themselves into trouble. It should be addressed on a case by case basis, as it is now.

Sorry for the bad grammar and typos, I'm on my iPhone.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 12:15 PM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
when was this?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 12:36 PM
None

2am thurs morning
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat View Post
when was this?
Deon Anderson. I *think* it was last night.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Resident Epicurean

Don't know who's on the air right now, but fuck em. Just another reason to not listen to that shitty station

I didn't know Jagger or Mondo had a CHL. Surprising. They are VERY liberal.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 02:21 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Only an idiot would think banning all professional athletes from having firearms would be effective at stopping crime or smart policy.
Not all athletes (or people) are wheels off. To ban professional athletes from having firearms just because some are stupid is the same as saying the public should not have firearms because some are stupid. Professional athletes should not have to waive their constitutional rights to earn a living.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
duh...duh....duh

I'd really like them to allow any/everyone to open carry for a few years and see what the statistics look like.

I agree with some aspects, like no weapons in bars. However, I don't agree with schools (specifically colleges and if you're an adult at others), sporting events and hospitals. (although, I've never actually felt threatened at a hospital - but some emo would probably screw it up - I get it)

Everyday that goes by and I think about it, the more I agree with the "gun nuts" who feel there should be little to no restrictions. I think those who can't handle the responsibility should be dealt with severly though.

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement