best place for hunting clothes? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.

best place for hunting clothes?

I've been needing to pick up some camo pants, and looks like I'm going to get stuck with that realtree junk. Seems to be between cabelas and bass pro...is there any other places you guys go for winter clothes? Excluding army surplus...been to them all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Lifer

I got mine at Cabelas. I picked something that wouldn't absorb moisture, yet stay relatively quiet. They also had kneepads in the pants. They are nice for sure and I was able to use a coupon on them so they were like $18.

My uncle has successfully been using military camo for years though. He always mismatches a camo shirt to different camo pant.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
I got mine at Cabelas. I picked something that wouldn't absorb moisture, yet stay relatively quiet. They also had kneepads in the pants. They are nice for sure and I was able to use a coupon on them so they were like $18.

My uncle has successfully been using military camo for years though. He always mismatches a camo shirt to different camo pant.
do you remember the coupon, where you got it?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:19 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

I got my Browning bibs and jacket at Academy after season. They were like $250 bibs, and $200 jacket, I think I paid $150 for both.
Bass Pro and Cabela's are high, but this time of year really your only option without ordering online.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I've been needing to pick up some camo pants, and looks like I'm going to get stuck with that realtree junk. Seems to be between cabelas and bass pro...is there any other places you guys go for winter clothes? Excluding army surplus...been to them all.
What are you looking for exactly? Warm weather stuff, cold weather stuff? If you can give me an idea on what you are needing and what size I would be more than happy to do some searching.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
do you remember the coupon, where you got it?
I don't remember exactly what the details on the coupon were, but I got it in the mail. I get them in the mail regularly. I looked in my office for a current one, but I think I gave my last one to my brother. Next time I get one, I will pm you if I remember. Maybe another board member has one?

Also, their Bargain Cave can yield some good deals also. I don't know that they list all the items in the Cave online so you may have to go to the store.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
CJ

I'm looking for cold weather, I don't usually hunt when it's as cold as it has been lately. Just some pants and I need to find some decent boots in a size 16, I'll probably be in tennis shoes again this time.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Old Timer

You can always go to a Army/Navy store and buy cold weather camo's.

I just always bought Hunting camos (Realtree) at Bass Pro/Cabela's/Dicks Sporting Goods/Sportsmans Guide/etc..

2006 Mustang GT
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
I'm looking for cold weather, I don't usually hunt when it's as cold as it has been lately. Just some pants and I need to find some decent boots in a size 16, I'll probably be in tennis shoes again this time.
It may sound retarded, but I buy whatever -hunting- gear I need at Kmart. Usually deer in PA, so it is Orange stuff, but it holds up just fine. Whenever I spend more then 150 on stuff, I don't want to mess it up.

My '03 Sold.

Last edited by ceyko; 02-05-2010 at 07:59 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Factory Issue

The Sportsman's Guide has a lot of stuff really cheap. It's tough to find the really great stuff in there, but it's in there. Some of the Milsurp stuff is pretty choice, too. Remember to put item numbers through google shopping.

Give me a dollar.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Time Served

www.centerfiresystems.com I also forgot where I bought some other milpsurpstuff

Military surplus is so practical... it's tactical!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement