Cheap HK AR-15 mags - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Cheap HK AR-15 mags

Quote:
I have 10 H&K Magazines I bought before my last deployment, I am getting medically discharged due to injuries received while deployed so I have no use for these anymore. Im asking for $22 per, price includes shipping.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/for...23#Post1203298


Great deal on these guys, I already bought 2 to try out so that leaves 8 left.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/for...23#Post1203298


Great deal on these guys, I already bought 2 to try out so that leaves 8 left.
Or you can buy USGI ones for like 8.50 to 9.99....

Go to www.44mag.com

They also have a Awsome price on M14 USGI (CMI) mags, AR-10 Mags, etc..

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
Or you can buy USGI ones for like 8.50 to 9.99....

Go to www.44mag.com
I know .... The HK high reliability mags are worlds better than USGI mags. They also run about $60 new. $22 shipped is a great deal.

Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
I've shot thousands of rounds out of a Full Auto M-16 and never had a jam or any issues with the USGI Mags. I consider them highly reliable.

USGI Mags also went through the torture test and passed.

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
I've shot thousands of rounds out of a Full Auto M-16 and never had a jam or any issues with the USGI Mags. I consider them highly reliable.

USGI Mags also went through the torture test and passed.
Why is it that 1 out of every 4 stoppages are mag related? Why would SOCOM adopt these mags as there primary choice? Why would units start issuing these instead of the USGI junk?

All I was trying to do was pass on a good deal on some of the best AR mags out there and help a soldier that got hurt overseas get some extra cash for the transition from active duty to civilian life due to a med discharge. I would be happy to debate the reliability of USGI mags at a later date, how about we keep this thread clean and let people form there own opinion.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington/Lejune
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Why is it that 1 out of every 4 stoppages are mag related? Why would SOCOM adopt these mags as there primary choice? Why would units start issuing these instead of the USGI junk?

All I was trying to do was pass on a good deal on some of the best AR mags out there and help a soldier that got hurt overseas get some extra cash for the transition from active duty to civilian life due to a med discharge. I would be happy to debate the reliability of USGI mags at a later date, how about we keep this thread clean and let people form there own opinion.
HK mags are fucking junk i had a few in afghanistan and they almost got me killed becaused they jamed up my rifle the USGI mag have never faild me and im not the only one that happend to my C.O. banned them because they almost cost a few of us our lives IMO just use the USGI mag

R.I.P. Lcpl Ivan I. Wilson K.I.A. July 21 2008
89stang is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Lifer
 
01YZ2NV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Shittin in the Kitchen
Posts: 1,249
Dont know about the reliability of them, but that is a good deal as far what they sell for. Thanks for sharing the info

1957 Chevy Belair
1953 M38A1

01YZ2NV is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Why is it that 1 out of every 4 stoppages are mag related? Why would SOCOM adopt these mags as there primary choice? Why would units start issuing these instead of the USGI junk?

All I was trying to do was pass on a good deal on some of the best AR mags out there and help a soldier that got hurt overseas get some extra cash for the transition from active duty to civilian life due to a med discharge. I would be happy to debate the reliability of USGI mags at a later date, how about we keep this thread clean and let people form there own opinion.
Every soldier in Iraq that I know have said they never had any issues with the magazines. I've heard them bitch about the H&K Mags on other forums.

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stang View Post
HK mags are fucking junk i had a few in afghanistan and they almost got me killed becaused they jamed up my rifle the USGI mag have never faild me and im not the only one that happend to my C.O. banned them because they almost cost a few of us our lives IMO just use the USGI mag
Didn't see your post, but my buddies in the army in Iraq basically said the same thing, they only us USGI mags.

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 544
I'll be brutally honest, the reason an AR or M-16 doesn't jam has to do more with the way the weapon loads than the quality of the magazines. USGI magazines are junk really, but you'll hardly ever see an AR or M16 fail to load.

With the tolerances in the machining and the way the gun loads it's kind of a miracle they are as accurate as they are.... it baffles me for sure and I'm a mechanical engineer used to considering part tolerances and tolerance stacks etc. The AR / M-16 is a marvel of a firearm.

From what I can tell, I prefer the new composite magazines over the USGI ones any and everyday. They feed the bullet much flatter.

Now if you want to see a weapon that is magazine sensitive I recommend you get a Beretta M9 or model 92. I've seen the stovepipe bullets all day long because of a slightly used magazine.

At $22 I'll keep getting PMAGs and if I want to be cheap Tapco magazines.
AnthonyS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cereal rapist, victim

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome