Cheap HK AR-15 mags - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul

Cheap HK AR-15 mags

Quote:
I have 10 H&K Magazines I bought before my last deployment, I am getting medically discharged due to injuries received while deployed so I have no use for these anymore. Im asking for $22 per, price includes shipping.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/for...23#Post1203298

Great deal on these guys, I already bought 2 to try out so that leaves 8 left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/for...23#Post1203298

Great deal on these guys, I already bought 2 to try out so that leaves 8 left.
Or you can buy USGI ones for like 8.50 to 9.99....

Go to www.44mag.com

They also have a Awsome price on M14 USGI (CMI) mags, AR-10 Mags, etc..

2006 Mustang GT
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
Or you can buy USGI ones for like 8.50 to 9.99....

Go to www.44mag.com
I know .... The HK high reliability mags are worlds better than USGI mags. They also run about $60 new. $22 shipped is a great deal.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Old Timer

I've shot thousands of rounds out of a Full Auto M-16 and never had a jam or any issues with the USGI Mags. I consider them highly reliable.

USGI Mags also went through the torture test and passed.

2006 Mustang GT
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
I've shot thousands of rounds out of a Full Auto M-16 and never had a jam or any issues with the USGI Mags. I consider them highly reliable.

USGI Mags also went through the torture test and passed.
Why is it that 1 out of every 4 stoppages are mag related? Why would SOCOM adopt these mags as there primary choice? Why would units start issuing these instead of the USGI junk?

All I was trying to do was pass on a good deal on some of the best AR mags out there and help a soldier that got hurt overseas get some extra cash for the transition from active duty to civilian life due to a med discharge. I would be happy to debate the reliability of USGI mags at a later date, how about we keep this thread clean and let people form there own opinion.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Why is it that 1 out of every 4 stoppages are mag related? Why would SOCOM adopt these mags as there primary choice? Why would units start issuing these instead of the USGI junk?

All I was trying to do was pass on a good deal on some of the best AR mags out there and help a soldier that got hurt overseas get some extra cash for the transition from active duty to civilian life due to a med discharge. I would be happy to debate the reliability of USGI mags at a later date, how about we keep this thread clean and let people form there own opinion.
HK mags are fucking junk i had a few in afghanistan and they almost got me killed becaused they jamed up my rifle the USGI mag have never faild me and im not the only one that happend to my C.O. banned them because they almost cost a few of us our lives IMO just use the USGI mag

R.I.P. Lcpl Ivan I. Wilson K.I.A. July 21 2008
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Lifer

Dont know about the reliability of them, but that is a good deal as far what they sell for. Thanks for sharing the info

1957 Chevy Belair
1953 M38A1

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Old Timer

Quote:

Every soldier in Iraq that I know have said they never had any issues with the magazines. I've heard them bitch about the H&K Mags on other forums.

2006 Mustang GT
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stang View Post
HK mags are fucking junk i had a few in afghanistan and they almost got me killed becaused they jamed up my rifle the USGI mag have never faild me and im not the only one that happend to my C.O. banned them because they almost cost a few of us our lives IMO just use the USGI mag
Didn't see your post, but my buddies in the army in Iraq basically said the same thing, they only us USGI mags.

2006 Mustang GT
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Time Served

I'll be brutally honest, the reason an AR or M-16 doesn't jam has to do more with the way the weapon loads than the quality of the magazines. USGI magazines are junk really, but you'll hardly ever see an AR or M16 fail to load.

With the tolerances in the machining and the way the gun loads it's kind of a miracle they are as accurate as they are.... it baffles me for sure and I'm a mechanical engineer used to considering part tolerances and tolerance stacks etc. The AR / M-16 is a marvel of a firearm.

From what I can tell, I prefer the new composite magazines over the USGI ones any and everyday. They feed the bullet much flatter.

Now if you want to see a weapon that is magazine sensitive I recommend you get a Beretta M9 or model 92. I've seen the stovepipe bullets all day long because of a slightly used magazine.

At $22 I'll keep getting PMAGs and if I want to be cheap Tapco magazines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement