Trijicon sights all have Bible Verses on them - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Token Troll

Trijicon sights all have Bible Verses on them

Saw this on a Corvette Forum, thought it was cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Bulldog View Post
I never knew that!... odd but kinda cool i guess. They all have reference to Light. Im not religous but i find it interesting.

Anyone else know that? And they are all different.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/poli...s-on-them.html

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Factory Issue

post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Banned

That is pretty interesting

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Lifer

I'm too dumb to figure out how it's a bible verse.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
I'm too dumb to figure out how it's a bible verse.
1st image, 2 John 8:12
2nd image: 2 Corinthians 4:5
3rd image: 2 Peter 1:19

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Lifer

Cool
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
1st image, 2 John 8:12
2nd image: 2 Corinthians 4:5
Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Lifer

Suffice it to say some people do not adhere to my understanding of the phrase separation of church and state, nor do they understand that that phrase is nowhere in the constitution.

I would not consider this the government supporting a religion, but that is just me. What is next, not buying products made by Christians?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-mil...9575794&page=1

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
Suffice it to say some people do not adhere to my understanding of the phrase separation of church and state, nor do they understand that that phrase is nowhere in the constitution.

I would not consider this the government supporting a religion, but that is just me. What is next, not buying products made by Christians?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-mil...9575794&page=1
LMAO! No kidding. How does a small piece of scripture reference establish/force a religion. FFS...

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Time Served

Well, when the powers at be have been trying really hard to keep this from becoming a holy war... that is bad!
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Banned

Soooo, separation of Church and State in the military... where does that leave chaplains?

Are we demanding that the insurgents stop yelling "Allah akbar!" before and after they blow up our troops and thousands of their innocent brethren?

Gimme a fuckin break!

Oh, and for the readers out there, here's a great book I'm about half way through...
http://www.amazon.com/Politically-In...3847674&sr=1-1
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Censored

I was looking at the new XD-m 3.8", and I wanted to know if I should step it up to the Trijicon sites, or just get a laser mounted?

Doors Done Rite
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Lifer

My post over there (#214), question stands for anyone here also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Where is this famous phrase "separation of church and state" in the Constitution? It isn't there, and I think the phrase itself causes a lot of the issues. People hear the phrase and interpret from there without actually knowing what the law actually says.

The First Amendment to the Constitution says this:
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Someone please show me where the government purchasing these items violates the actual text of the Constitution or any of the "federal laws" someone mentioned above. Quote them.

I would love to get a genuine, intelligent reply to this. I may even be down right wrong, but to argue via a misnomer phrase that has been twisted is useless, lets see some laws/facts.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Factory Issue

Here's wiki's entry on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separat..._United_States

Give me a dollar.
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 06:38 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Yep, was part of one of Thomas Jefferson's letters. Jefferson's use of the phrase was not contextualized as protecting the government from the church, but to protect the church from the government. People have misinterpreted the phrase for so long, anyone off the street would say it's in the constitution because they do not know of Jefferson's letters.

post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 PM
dee
Lifer

Good for Trijicon and I hope this doesn't cause problems with their contract, HOOCBB you nailed it sad but true. The libs seem to pull this more and more these days while forgetting about the church foundation this country was built on.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:03 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

hmm, replied to this on corvetteforum
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Lifer

Now my wife might let me spend that much money on an ACOG if I tell her it promotes Christianity. lol
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:12 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
Now my wife might let me spend that much money on an ACOG if I tell her it promotes Christianity. lol
Just tell her it's the preferred tactical optics of Jesus.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
Just tell her it's the preferred tactical optics of Jesus.
I like to picture baby Jesus with a brand new M4 with an ACOG ontop.

On a more serious note. I am glad that the company is making a statement. The .gov will not care and not enough people will be willing to cry about it enough to make them change anything. ACOG works so what if it has scripture on the side of the Lord's Prayer in the upper right hand corner of the glass.

I may have to point that stuff out to a troop today who is dragging his M4/ACOG around by the barrel.
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:50 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
I would not consider this the government supporting a religion...
How could it be?

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 PM
CJ

Quote:

On a more serious note. I am glad that the company is making a statement. The .gov will not care and not enough people will be willing to cry about it enough to make them change anything. ACOG works so what if it has scripture on the side of the Lord's Prayer in the upper right hand corner of the glass.

I may have to point that stuff out to a troop today who is dragging his M4/ACOG around by the barrel.
If they made a gun that said "amen" after every discharge, I don't think you would find much dissent.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Good times

Quote:
1st image, John 8:12 (2 John only has one chapter)
Quote:
When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
2nd image: 2 Corinthians 4:6 (not 4:5)
Quote:
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
Quote:
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
from NIV translation.

n/a

Last edited by SVT Lurch; 01-18-2010 at 11:58 PM.
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Time Served

So if you use Trijicon sights and kill someone.... does that make it a righteous kill?
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:10 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!

You think surplus Trijicons will make it to all the firearms distributors in the near future? I can't see Trijicon wanting to lose the government contract with the U.S. Marine Corp. The U.S. Military brass are really not happy with having the verses being on the sites because they think it will put our soldiers in more danger. In other words, these verses on the sites are considered to be "bulletin board material" for all the Ji-haders... WTF Its called WAR! Military Top Brass are getting to be like politicians!

post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Token Troll

Military speaks on the sights!

Quote:
“This situation is not unlike the situation with U.S. currency,” said the spokesman, Air Force Maj. John Redfield. “Are we going to stop using money because the bills have ‘In God We Trust’ on them? As long as the sights meet the combat needs of troops, they’ll continue to be used.”
http://www.militarytimes.com/news/20...verses_011910/

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Lifer

Fuck all these cock suckers. This is what is wrong with our society ie taking "In God we trust" out of the pledge of allegiance. We will agnolage every other fucking religion except the Christian one. This is BULLSHIT!!!!
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Censored

Quote:
Awesome, I really don't give a shit. At least they don't say praise Allah!

Doors Done Rite
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Lifer

I wonder what the jihadist who have trijicons as war prizes think about their neat little sight now.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:42 PM
CJ

Quote:
I wonder what the jihadist who have trijicons as war prizes think about their neat little sight now.
im sure they just use it as a spotting scope since they don't have picatinny rails on their AK's.
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
im sure they just use it as a spotting scope since they don't have picatinny rails on their AK's.
I know that the talibs here have plenty of M4 platform rifles. Hell we have started to issue the ANA M4/M16 and M9s
post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 PM
CJ

Quote:
I know that the talibs here have plenty of M4 platform rifles. Hell we have started to issue the ANA M4/M16 and M9s
oh yeah, that's right. We started to issue the police there M16's, I forgot.
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
oh yeah, that's right. We started to issue the police there M16's, I forgot.
Here in afg we give the ANA & ANP EVERYTHING even unabated access to our camps.
post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:54 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Friend of mine who is a Christian, did a 12 month tour in Iraq in a combat unit had this to say:
Quote:
""Ya they don't see anything wrong with it..."Trijicon." Even though we want Islam to believe we are not at war with them and we are training their soldiers with these weapons with the Bible verse on them. So they are using a weapon against people of their own religion, (and us possibly) that says, When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." Sorry Trijicon...the text will have to come off...! It was ironic and even comical up till now that no one caught it. But to suggest that it gives us power is ridiculous and condescending to other religions in other country's. You can't get their support and cooperation if you are stabbing them in the back."

post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
Friend of mine who is a Christian, did a 12 month tour in Iraq in a combat unit had this to say:
First of all I respect his opinion and appreciate his service.

Second, I disagree that Trijicon should not be required to take it off. They obviously have that option, but the option also lies with he government to not purchase any more or replace them. They (most likely) saw completed versions of the sights before they bought them and didn't have a problem.

His point of view is unique and much more "first hand informed" than mine, but if we are helping them (and GIVING them equipment for free!) why should we pander to their sensibilities? From my perspective we are supporting them, they are not supporting us. They need us, not the other way around.

Why would us expressing our religion (as he seems to imply we are) be stabbing them in the back?

If he needed a Muslim's help would he be offended if they prayed in front of him?

I know this wasn't you talking, just general questions.

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Foxbody King

Quote:
First of all I respect his opinion and appreciate his service.

Second, I disagree that Trijicon should not be required to take it off. They obviously have that option, but the option also lies with he government to not purchase any more or replace them. They (most likely) saw completed versions of the sights before they bought them and didn't have a problem.

His point of view is unique and much more "first hand informed" than mine, but if we are helping them (and GIVING them equipment for free!) why should we pander to their sensibilities? From my perspective we are supporting them, they are not supporting us. They need us, not the other way around.

Why would us expressing our religion (as he seems to imply we are) be stabbing them in the back?

If he needed a Muslim's help would he be offended if they prayed in front of him?

I know this wasn't you talking, just general questions.

Fuck Muslim's We dont need them!

2003 cobra DSG
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:

"Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, don’t even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent."

They are on there so the poor mofo you have them trained on can have his final moment to pray you don't squeeze just a little bit more. BANG!
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
fuck muslim's we dont need them!
lmfao!!!!
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Lifer

New Zealand just showed their PC card and is ordering all new Trijicon devices sans scripter refernces. All of their presently owned devices are being pulled off their weapons until Trijicon can remove the letters and numbers and return them.
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Time Served

Crazy Christians

post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Fuck Muslim's We dont need them!
Well that isn't exactly what I meant.

If we are giving them free stuff and they don't like what is written on it they can give it back or try to take off the part they don't like. I understand it is contrary to their religion and I have no problem with that. If they gave me a weapon with Allah Akbar (sp?) on it I would sell it, trade it, refuse it, fix it, I may even strike up a conversation on religion (since I am a Christian) but I surely wouldn't complain about it. I would allow them to practice their religion as they wish as long as it does not interfere with my ability to draw in air.

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Lifer

I wish they would sell the ones with the scriptures at a discounted price I would buy one.
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Token Troll

[email protected]#$!

They caved!
Quote:
In a statement released Thursday, Trijicon of Wixom, Mich., says it is also providing to the armed forces free of charge modification kits to remove the Scripture citations from the telescoping sights already in use. Through multimillion dollar contracts, the Marine Corps and Army have more than 300,000 Trijicon sights.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583566,00.html

'05 Redfire Mustang

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Time Served

Imagine my surprise...

MONEY the ultimate religion.
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Factory Issue

I want one with ECC9:10 on it. That's my favorite bible verse.

Give me a dollar.
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Thats fucking bullshit. This whole PC bullshit HAS GOT to go away or this nation will spiral down quick. IN GOD WE TRUST!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Lifer

I don't think we are too far from the bottom of the spiral at this point.

I wonder how many Marine CO's are just going to shelf the modification kits. "we have enough to do here as it is. No sense in dealing with this senseless bull shit"
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I don't think we are too far from the bottom of the spiral at this point.

I wonder how many Marine CO's are just going to shelf the modification kits. "we have enough to do here as it is. No sense in dealing with this senseless bull shit"
I can see "there will be time to make modifications once Stateside". If I were a CO, I'd tell the troops that they could do it at their option. If they didn't want to do it, and if that little inscription gave them security, then they can damn well keep it.
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 07:33 AM
African Booty Scratcher

at first i wanted one, now thay they folded to the pressure i will never own one. we are circling the drain people!!

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Lifer

Well I couldn't afford a Trijicon in the first place, but I deff. won't try now.
I dunno though, I might e-mail them and ask why they caved, there are always 2 sides to the story.

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement