Bought a 1000 yard capable rifle - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Bought a 1000 yard capable rifle



Discuss.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 962
Since when did they let you take pictures at Alpine WTF

Mr_fiux is offline  
 
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
Posts: 299
Edit:It's an AR variant right? Is it 223 or another caliber? What sort of optics are on top?

d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t

fuck canada
musbrad2 is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
None
 
Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Anti-Newbie
Posts: 12,675
What makes you think it's a 1000 yd rifle? The PSG-1 style grip?
Jedi is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by musbrad2 View Post
Edit:It's an AR variant right? Is it 223 or another caliber? What sort of optics are on top?

Its a .223 ... the optics are some winchester scope. I forget the specs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
What makes you think it's a 1000 yd rifle? The PSG-1 style grip?
That and the sweet glass on top of it.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_fiux View Post
Since when did they let you take pictures at Alpine WTF
Camera phone
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
Posts: 299
On second glance I'll bet that russain ammo holds great groupings....

d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t

fuck canada
musbrad2 is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by musbrad2 View Post
On second glance I'll bet that russain ammo holds great groupings....
It was shooting sub MOA.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Meeeeooowww
 
ALLAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: the MCO airport
Posts: 20,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_fiux View Post
Since when did they let you take pictures at Alpine WTF
Since when did they not let you?

ALLAN is offline  
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
Posts: 299
A little off subject, but from seeing yall's post your in the know, my wife bought me a remington sps 700 tactical in .308 for Christmas, anyways just to get me by till I can afford some nice glass I bought a Millet 4 x 16-56....ever hear anything good or bad about the millet optic?

d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t

fuck canada
musbrad2 is offline  
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN View Post
Since when did they not let you?
Well that jackass red neck high school dropout that always gives me shit for firing to fast always tells me "NO CAMERAS" that one time I brought it.

Mr_fiux is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:02 AM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Did anyone notice the one megawatt laser on the bottom, because I sure as hell didn't. That's not a flashlight down there

When the "Most interesting man in the world" needs advice, he calls me.
03trubluGT is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:39 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by musbrad2 View Post
A little off subject, but from seeing yall's post your in the know, my wife bought me a remington sps 700 tactical in .308 for Christmas, anyways just to get me by till I can afford some nice glass I bought a Millet 4 x 16-56....ever hear anything good or bad about the millet optic?
They are ok... You did better than a Walmart Bushnell...

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:42 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
[QUOTE=Cobra Commander;6039670]They are ok... You did better than a Walmart Bushnell...!

For a few more bucks your choices were a Prostaff Nikon or a Pentax scope... Just glad you didn't get a Bushnell from Walmart and bragged on here about how cheap you got it. lols!

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
Did anyone notice the one megawatt laser on the bottom, because I sure as hell didn't. That's not a flashlight down there
The rifle is there just to disguise the 1000yd death ray underneath.

Jon

CLICK for Kate's Story
Click to Listen

WTB - SIG Mosquito

silvereight is offline  
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
Posts: 299
[QUOTE=Cobra Commander;6039671]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
They are ok... You did better than a Walmart Bushnell...!

For a few more bucks your choices were a Prostaff Nikon or a Pentax scope... Just glad you didn't get a Bushnell from Walmart and bragged on here about how cheap you got it. lols!
Thanks, good to know, eventually I'll end up with a high end nikon or something like that, but this will do for the time being.

d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t
d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t

fuck canada
musbrad2 is offline  
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 09:43 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereight View Post
The rifle is there just to disguise the 1000yd death ray underneath.
WTF, you're telling our ememies about our secret weapons... lols

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 AM
dee
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,188
[QUOTE=Cobra Commander;6039671]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
They are ok... You did better than a Walmart Bushnell...!

For a few more bucks your choices were a Prostaff Nikon or a Pentax scope... Just glad you didn't get a Bushnell from Walmart and bragged on here about how cheap you got it. lols!
I got a couple Bushnells that'll make most alot of Nikon's and Leupolds to shame, but it didn't come from Walmart either.
dee is offline  
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
scope needs to be mounted higher
DOHCTR is offline  
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 11:36 AM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
so will that flashlight illuminate to 1000yds too?

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 11:59 AM
None
 
Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Anti-Newbie
Posts: 12,675
I swear I'm getting old and cynical. It took me a good amount of time to figure out that you weren't/couldn't be serious. I guess I've run into too many gunbunnies that think if they watch future weapons enough or have a high post count on AR15.com that it validates their actions.

Is it yours or someone elses at the range? I'm guessing the latter as I don't think you'd be caught dead toting that monstrosity around.

I'm sure it's shooting sub MOA - at the muzzle.
Jedi is offline  
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post


Discuss.
A 5.56mm (.223 Rem) is NOT a 1000 yard rifle.

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
I swear I'm getting old and cynical. It took me a good amount of time to figure out that you weren't/couldn't be serious. I guess I've run into too many gunbunnies that think if they watch future weapons enough or have a high post count on AR15.com that it validates their actions.

Is it yours or someone elses at the range? I'm guessing the latter as I don't think you'd be caught dead toting that monstrosity around.

I'm sure it's shooting sub MOA - at the muzzle.
No, its not mine. There was a pack of Mexicans that brought it to the range,The owner saw me looking at it in amazement and said "Can you believe that the only thing that was on there when I got it was the scope?" LMAO. They couldn't even figure out how to lock the damned bolt back on it.

You are right though, I wouldn't be cought dead with something like that at the range. I DO own a tacticool AR but its all high end shit on it, not that that is any excuse.

This is mine. The surefire comes off for the range but gets stored on the rail at home.


EoTech 517
KAC Rail Adapter System
Surefire M951 with 290 Lumen LED
MBUIS rear sight (need to replace this with something better)
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I miss Colorado
 
HarrisonBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waco (Elm Mott)
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Its a .223 ... the optics are some winchester scope. I forget the specs.




That and the sweet glass on top of it.
Wait, so the scope makes capable of shooting 1000 yards?

a 223 at 1000 yards? God, i wouldn't even want to shoot a dog with that.
Ive seen what 223 does at 100 yards to flesh, its just a pea shooter.
At 1000 yards its got to be worthless.

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress


DE OPPRESSO LIBER





HarrisonBT is offline  
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I miss Colorado
 
HarrisonBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waco (Elm Mott)
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
No, its not mine. There was a pack of Mexicans that brought it to the range,The owner saw me looking at it in amazement and said "Can you believe that the only thing that was on there when I got it was the scope?" LMAO. They couldn't even figure out how to lock the damned bolt back on it.

You are right though, I wouldn't be cought dead with something like that at the range. I DO own a tacticool AR but its all high end shit on it, not that that is any excuse.

This is mine. The surefire comes off for the range but gets stored on the rail at home.


EoTech 517
KAC Rail Adapter System
Surefire M951 with 290 Lumen LED
MBUIS rear sight (need to replace this with something better)
Oh, so now that i read further, i guess you were being sarcastic.
Are you sure the picture above isnt my m4? Are you copying me?
My surefire is right next to me.
Does yours have a selection past semi that says "auto"?
Man thats a tiny pic.
You can see my EOtech tho

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress


DE OPPRESSO LIBER





HarrisonBT is offline  
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
Oh, so now that i read further, i guess you were being sarcastic.
Are you sure the picture above isnt my m4? Are you copying me?
My surefire is right next to me.
Does yours have a selection past semi that says "auto"?
Man thats a tiny pic.
You can see my EOtech tho
No I dont have a fun switch yet ... maybe I will buy one some day.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I miss Colorado
 
HarrisonBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waco (Elm Mott)
Posts: 2,310
That old mag you have in there.. I'm sure those go for pretty cheap being military surplus?
What about the H&K mags? They have begun to issue some of us the H&k's which cause FAR fewer double feeds.

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress


DE OPPRESSO LIBER





HarrisonBT is offline  
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
That old mag you have in there.. I'm sure those go for pretty cheap being military surplus?
What about the H&K mags? They have begun to issue some of us the H&k's which cause FAR fewer double feeds.
The mag was free, my brother gave me 7 mags from his supply before he shipped to the sandbox. I also have another 7 Pmags, I just prefer the beat up mil spec mag.

Hook a brotha up with a few "tactically acquired" HK mags. I have been wanting to try them out.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I miss Colorado
 
HarrisonBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waco (Elm Mott)
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
The mag was free, my brother gave me 7 mags from his supply before he shipped to the sandbox. I also have another 7 Pmags, I just prefer the beat up mil spec mag.

Hook a brotha up with a few "tactically acquired" HK mags. I have been wanting to try them out.
I have 7 or 8. Man, I'd like too, if only you hadn't made fun of my pistol tat. Remember that?

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress


DE OPPRESSO LIBER





HarrisonBT is offline  
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
I have 7 or 8. Man, I'd like too, if only you hadn't made fun of my pistol tat. Remember that?
All in good fun. I would expect the forum to do the same if I were to post up a tat. I dont even recall what it looked like.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
No, its not mine. There was a pack of Mexicans that brought it to the range,The owner saw me looking at it in amazement and said "Can you believe that the only thing that was on there when I got it was the scope?" LMAO. They couldn't even figure out how to lock the damned bolt back on it.

You are right though, I wouldn't be cought dead with something like that at the range. I DO own a tacticool AR but its all high end shit on it, not that that is any excuse.

This is mine. The surefire comes off for the range but gets stored on the rail at home.


EoTech 517
KAC Rail Adapter System
Surefire M951 with 290 Lumen LED
MBUIS rear sight (need to replace this with something better)
Eotech?! I thought that was a damn riot shield mounted to the top of your rifle. Goddamn those fucking Eoshits are hideous!!

AR's are great and all, but why some of you guys try to use these rifles for long distance is beyond me. Why not use a Rem 700 instead?
Hass is offline  
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:18 PM
None
 
Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Anti-Newbie
Posts: 12,675
I think a better clarified question is "Why in the world would you build up an AR like a Close Quarter Battle rifle and then think it's capable of headshots at 1000 yds". In all the money they spent on this AR ricer bullshit they could've had two decent rifles.

There are some damn fine AR rigs that are setup for long range. You wouldn't want to carry it around, but it's right at home sitting solidly on a bench or on a berm looking downrange.
Jedi is offline  
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Eotech?! I thought that was a damn riot shield mounted to the top of your rifle. Goddamn those fucking Eoshits are hideous!!
I plan on replacing it with an Aimpoint in the near future. While I like the EoTech I think I want to have the battery life of the Aimpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
I think a better clarified question is "Why in the world would you build up an AR like a Close Quarter Battle rifle and then think it's capable of headshots at 1000 yds". In all the money they spent on this AR ricer bullshit they could've had two decent rifles.
I am joking about 1000 yds, I don't ever plan on shooting my ar out past 200. No reason to. Now the guys at the range who owned the rifle I posted originally should have spent all that cash on Pep Boys mods for there car instead of hurting the rifle with all that cancerous shit on there.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
I personally wouldn't shoot a .223 Rem (5.56mm) at anything past 200 yards (Hunting). For large 3 foot by 2 foot metal targets that some long range shooters use, it could be fun out to 500 yards.

I find that I use my AR-15 for plinking than anything else. Its just fun to shoot. I tend to use my Mini-14 more for hunting than the plinking (Thats if I decide to use it). More over these days, I use a 30-30 or a 308 for hunting.

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cereal rapist, victim

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome