Bought a pair of pistols for wife and i. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Bought a pair of pistols for wife and i.

First time really getting into guns as a hobby, i had heard good things about Taurus so we bought a Taurus 247 for me, and a Millennium for her. We will be using these for our conceal carry course. Any comments on the guns? New to this, we like the way they felt in our hands, and had shot a few friends Taurus before and like them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Time Served

Just a fyi when you buy two pistols at once the ffl is forced by law to send a letter to the atf regarding the purchase of two pistols at one time has been made.

Taurus guns are easy entry level guns to shoot. I personally dont like taurus but Ism spoilt by more exspensive guns and biased.

With that said I bought a taurus judge on the 24th, shot 150 rounds through it. Gun was very accurate at 40ft with 410 slug and 45 long colt. Down side is the barrel is already starting to show signs of wear in the bore. Almost looks like rust pitting. Since this is a new gun and thats not the case that tells me they have voids in there barrels and that taurus barrels are not good barrels at all.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned

What calibers? I have the PT-145 and have no complaints.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstang View Post
Just a fyi when you buy two pistols at once the ffl is forced by law to send a letter to the atf regarding the purchase of two pistols at one time has been made.

Taurus guns are easy entry level guns to shoot. I personally dont like taurus but Ism spoilt by more exspensive guns and biased.

With that said I bought a taurus judge on the 24th, shot 150 rounds through it. Gun was very accurate at 40ft with 410 slug and 45 long colt. Down side is the barrel is already starting to show signs of wear in the bore. Almost looks like rust pitting. Since this is a new gun and thats not the case that tells me they have voids in there barrels and that taurus barrels are not good barrels at all.
That's not rust, that's copper fouling. Clean your gun with some copper solvent.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

both are 9's, i thought the higher calibers were a little too large to conceal for each of us, we each purchased one pistol, separate transactions, separate people
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Lifer

Congrats on the purchase(s). Go to the range and get some practice time in.

Be sure to be able to field strip the guns and clean them. Get VERY familiar with how they work, and how to clear a stoppage. Be able to do it in your sleep. Also get some snap caps to practice dry firing with, but be VERY sure to keep ammo seperate when you are doing so.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

YES, i do have different locks, just have not had a chance to shoot these yet so still has bass pro locks on!

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:30 AM
LUCIFER

I've got the the Millenium Pro and the wife has a Millenium, both 9MM'S. I really like them, and it will probably be my CC when I go for my chl

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 AM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Locks are a good idea, keeps her from shooting you in your sleep
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

she does not know how to load it yet, so far i am safe.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Lifer

Hahahhahaahaha about the locks.

I bought a Marlin Model 60 from Walmart and they forgot to take off the trigger lock. I got it home and was pissed, so I drilled it out and kept it in my car. The next time I went to WalMart I took the busted lock inside and gave it back to the guy at the sporting goods counter and told him he could have his lock back.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
Hahahhahaahaha about the locks.

I bought a Marlin Model 60 from Walmart and they forgot to take off the trigger lock. I got it home and was pissed, so I drilled it out and kept it in my car. The next time I went to WalMart I took the busted lock inside and gave it back to the guy at the sporting goods counter and told him he could have his lock back.
Not to get off track but i really love my Marlin 60. Got it when I was thirteen and still have it. That was 23 years ago.

2000 Black GT Conv.
07 Kawasaki ZZR 600 (Recovered by the good guys)
84 Jeep CJ-7 (My Toy)
04 Lincoln Aviator (Her Toy)
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Time Served

I used to have a Millenium Pro in 45 ACP, and it was a great little gun. I wound up selling it to my local gun store owner after I bought my 1911. If I hadn't needed the money, I would have kept it. My wife purchased a 24/7 in 9mm for her CHL class, and it was another great little gun. However, she got a little too used to the trigger on my 1911 and decided she wanted something else. If I had it all to do over again, I would have kept both of them.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Time Served

I have the stainless 9mm Millenium Pro, put about a 100 rounds through it sunday. I'm very happy with the way it shoots. I've put around 350 rounds through it since buying it from a friend.

98GT Built 4 valve w/ navigator heads & 01 Cobra Intake, F1A, ETS intercooler, 4R70W w\ PI Converter & Baummanator, 655 rwhp 534 torque

82 Regal 3.8 cam, headers, intake, carb, Roller Rockers,6al, 125 hp nitrous, 2004r, 4.11's, auburn, Metallic Grey, lowered, 17" Hotwheels 68's New 3.8 motor in the works, 10:1 Ross Pistons, Turbo crank, ported heads w/ Big valves, Custom roller cam from ShaunT, RJC Girdle, 250 hp Nitrous.

www.rusertmachine.com 432 684-7644
Sponsored Links
Advertisement