10/22 parts at Will Rogers this weekend? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

10/22 parts at Will Rogers this weekend?

I'm building a 10/22 target rifle, and I need to pick up some trigger parts. Does anyone know if there will be any vendors there who sell Volquartsen or Power Custom parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 07:51 AM
African Booty Scratcher

i would almost bet on it man. is it this weekend? the 19-20th?

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

According to this link -> http://www.aubreyturner.org/gunshows...ow_entry/1976/ there's supposed to be a show this weekend.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 08:03 AM
African Booty Scratcher

cool, i am looking for an ar upper and possibly a bull barrel and stock for a 10/22 also. i will prolly go early saturday. if you arent going till later i will post up and let you know what i found for the 10/22.

god bless.

Quote:
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

I'm going to be in Fort Worth anyway, so I'll probably go by the show regardless. However, if you find some stuff, be sure to post it up and I'll check here before I go that way. I've already got a barrel, and I'm going to sand the original stock to fit the new barrel. I just need to lighten up that trigger.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 09:15 AM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by own3d View Post
I'm going to be in Fort Worth anyway, so I'll probably go by the show regardless. However, if you find some stuff, be sure to post it up and I'll check here before I go that way. I've already got a barrel, and I'm going to sand the original stock to fit the new barrel. I just need to lighten up that trigger.
i am very interested in the how-to portion of sanding my wood stock to fit the .920 barrel. i would just like to find some easy step by step instructions.

god bless.

Quote:
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
i am very interested in the how-to portion of sanding my wood stock to fit the .920 barrel. i would just like to find some easy step by step instructions.

god bless.
Shoot 5.0_CJ a pm, I'm sure he could tell you.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Check out rimfirecentral.com. There's a bunch of info about 10/22's over there. That being said, everyone says to use a 7/8" deep socket wrapped in sand paper. Go slowly and test fit often. They also recommend using some kind of padding under the barrel if you aren't going to bed the front portion of the barrel and the action. They all say that bicycle inner tube cut into strips works well (one right in front of the take down screw and another about 2" front the end of the stock's forearm), and that's what I'm going to do until I work up the nerve to do a proper bedding job. I'm scared to death that I'll glue my rifle together. LOL!

After sanding you'll need to re-seal the barrel channel. Pretty much any kind of clear coat will work. I'm going to use three coats of furniture varnish applied with a very very very small brush.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Texas Gumballer

Sweet a gun show this weekend!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement